Xbox One won't include a headset. Use Kinect instead

There is a specific Kinect 2 port on the back, if you go back to the console screenshots you'll see it marked, the little picture above the port itself looks like the Kinect sensor. It's next to the two USB ports.

Spoken as someone who doesn't know how sound waves work.

again, maybe you should try it first before you say it won't work. but they can filter out the sound form single to multi speaker setups just fine, even when right on top of the center, though optimally you place the kinect on top of the tv, and optimally for sound the center should be under.

To put it into perspective, this is an advanced array mic, a generation separated from the array in the Kinect 1. the major carrier in Norway just launched HD voice, on supported phones with two mics(regular mics, not a proper array), it is able to separate your voice from the enviroment, giving you a crystal clear voice no matter what the environment your'e in. To prove this, they recorded a single with the singer singing into a phone in the middle of an old firestation that was being torn down, and another phone receiving in front of a mic at the recording studio, they had another pair of phones for his guitar. In the recording you can't hear the machines that's all around him at all, the pro mics on scene when filming him, can barely pick him out among the noise from the wrecking machines.

If you can ignore the Norwegian voices and swedish singing, you can see the ad here http://www.telenor.n...omkomp-hd-voice

Now, imagine what a proper high quality array mic can do.

the 360 had issues where voices on the same audio output as the gamesounds(ie speakers) would be very low compared to the game sounds, even with games sounds set to lowest and voice to max. With kinect being a key part of the One, and being THE voice com system, chances are they have fixed that properly.

It probably will work, but it WILL NOT be as good as a headset. Besides there are other usability issues from using a Kinect besides voice quality.

There is a specific Kinect 2 port on the back, if you go back to the console screenshots you'll see it marked, the little picture above the port itself looks like the Kinect sensor. It's next to the two USB ports.

Oh crap....you're right, I completely missed that. :laugh:

Headsets are still supported, go start a new thread.

I'm afraid I can't let you do that Dave.

It probably will work, but it WILL NOT be as good as a headset. Besides there are other usability issues from using a Kinect besides voice quality.

Conjecture. It cold actually in many cases be better than a headset, and compared to the cheap 360 one, in all cases. It also doesn't block your hearing from your surround sounds directional sounds, crucial in many games. So what are these other usability issues. If your going to say voices from other people in the room, then you have never heard the mic on the 360, you can hear everyone in the room, meanwhile the array mic can actually filter out only your voice when gaming, while picking up the whole family when skyping.

The only real usability issue arises from paying in a house with a girlfriend who isn't interested in hearing you and your friends. Of course she would complain about your game sounds as well and require you to use a headset for all the sounds, before telling you to get off your ass and vacuum instead of gaming ;)

Given the thing can detect a heart rate the kinect can probably lip read...I imagine using something like that combined with audio detection to seperate artificial audio is how it will work however there will have to be a point where the volume of the artificial audio would drown it out and make it ineffective.

If headsets are at least an option then I don't really care. If there are not ports on the controller for a headset then I do care because my stepchildren's friend's have really annoying and loud voices that I do not want to hear when they are playing mindcraft in the family room.