23 replies to this topic

#16 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:20

Honestly MS shouldn't even allow what I said above to happen, nevermind if I wanna be a d*ck or not.. Voice recognition should detect WHO is saying it not that it was said, and act on that...

Guessing you've not read anything about Kinect then. That's exactly what it does.

it also uses the array mice to tell where you are.

Posted Image

:rofl:

#17 OP HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:43

No its not. Its not like that at all. The console turning off and the TV turning off is vastly different when playing a game on the console. You simply can't just turn the console back on and resume like if a TV was turned off. Well, maybe you can. PS4 will allow that. (tks geohot)

Actually both next gen consoles use S4 sleep save states.

#18 OP HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 May 2013 - 13:57

Guessing you've not read anything about Kinect then. That's exactly what it does.

Posted Image

:rofl:

At least do it right, that's one mouse, not array mice :p

#19 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 23 May 2013 - 14:01

Long story short, if it can tell who I am and log me in then it can tell I'm the one giving it commands and not someone else.

So if I am at a buddys house, and he is playing. Then he has to go out for a bit or has to do something, and I don't want to play I can't tell it to shut off the console? I have to use the controller instead?

#20 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 23 May 2013 - 14:09

At least do it right, that's one mouse, not array mice :p

I split the array for purpose of demonstration :p

#21 yardmanflex

yardmanflex

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 23 May 2013 - 14:24

Wonderful. Can I also yell xbox power off when I walk into someones house and have their system shut off mid-game, or do I have to use my smart phone to record them saying it then just replay the sound clip??

Either way constantly yelling at the system to do stuff like start skype calls and open internet explorer will be fun when I'm at a gaming friends place...

I also think this is bulls*** as the system knows what happened in the game and just recreates it, i doubt it actually 'detects awesome' and records it before happening.

Wait what???????

#22 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 23 May 2013 - 14:26

So if I am at a buddys house, and he is playing. Then he has to go out for a bit or has to do something, and I don't want to play I can't tell it to shut off the console? I have to use the controller instead?

I doubt that, if he gets up and leaves then it'll know he's not engaged in the game, it should then allow you to take control.

I'm sure we'll know all the details in time, either at E3 or leading up to it as more information comes out.

#23 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 23 May 2013 - 18:29

They don't have spare controllers for me to do that as its stands now :( Considering I am the controller with the X1, new possibilities arrise.

Honestly MS shouldn't even allow what I said above to happen, nevermind if I wanna be a d*ck or not.. Voice recognition should detect WHO is saying it not that it was said, and act on that... If what I said above IS true then hell, if my windows are open someone on the street walking by would be able to shut the system down! Im pretty sure MS has thought of this and acted accordingly. I hear kids mock their parents all the time when at their place playing games.. wouldn't be hard for them to get the hang of saying xbox off/xbox on, just to watch any lights and camera movement... Kind of like a cat who just discovered flushing the toilet.

I'm also gonna go with constantly recording everything, maybe to a 5GB constantly filling buffer or the cloud, and letting you see what it determined as 'awesome' by cutting a clip from that buffer, rather than detecting and recording *if* something awesome happens.

I am sure Xbox One doesn't run on magic dust. It requires power and you will be able to push a power button of sorts. Failing that, you can always you know...unplug it.

#24 OP HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 May 2013 - 18:37

He could also just change the channel ;)

and if you wher emy friend and you started turning off my game in my house when I went to the toilet. you would be less than popular.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!