Building New PC

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 YounGMessiah

YounGMessiah

"individual magnets"

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:28

I will admit that I misread his original post, I thought his CPU choices were 3770k and someone suggested 3570K; so that was my mistake on thinking he cared about overclocking.

And dont pick on the fact that I suggest a higher wattage PSU, I always suggest that range for everyone/anyone. Why? Because it allows them the ability to upgrade with less worries in the future. It isnt random, 550W is common, same with 600W. A brand was not listed because.. simply I forgot and where are your recommendations?

A relevant recommendation, I would say an Antec PSU.

And how can you be taken seriously with your sarcasm? And no recommendations from you either..

If im digging a hole, so are you..
You are saying power phases mean nothing; but yet its the one of the main outlines in power systems.
Yes it is a design process, but it is vital in how the voltage gets distributed through your board with different loads. You can sprinkle all the marketing you want, but its still Science and Math...

If you want..I can get from someone who is accredited/qualified to explain why power phases mean something.

And I never made claims, just an observation that got worded wrong and taken incorrectly

#17 OP hellohello

hellohello

Neowinian

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:49

I have almost the exact same build as that, and it works fine. My RAM is Corsair Vengeance 2x 4GB

The RAM info that I got is confusing. Mobo site stated no 2x4GB for corsair but yes for kingston.

Corsair site, yes for 2X4GB but only for the high performance one.

Anyway, from the feedbacks given, I won't care about the supported list. I will try to find retail that allow me to exchange parts if there is problem with dual channel. The worst case, I will end up with 1x8GB.

I would step up in the tier on the P8Z77-V series.
I would also suggest 550W to 600W :p

If I am not mistaken, the higher tier provides built in WiFi, more SATA ports which I don't think I will need it. The price also increase quite a lot too.

The most HDD I will get is 3, 1 SSD and 2 SATA.

I forgot which site I went, they have this PSU calculator, the site recommend like 450W? I hope that calculator is good enough :)

#18 YounGMessiah

YounGMessiah

"individual magnets"

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:19

If I am not mistaken, the higher tier provides built in WiFi, more SATA ports which I don't think I will need it. The price also increase quite a lot too.

The most HDD I will get is 3, 1 SSD and 2 SATA.

I forgot which site I went, they have this PSU calculator, the site recommend like 450W? I hope that calculator is good enough :)

Fair enough and I used that calculator for my build as well.
Just remember dont skimp out on the PSU, most will agree on that.