tgi fridays alcoholic beverage control operation swill increase profits

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,516 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 22:48

true, i guess some people should be able to tell if you love what you are drinking. For example, no one believed that I could tell the difference of Diet Pepsi out of a 2l bottle or out of a can, but i can get it 100% of the time.

^ I can detect Diet anything, in a cave at 30,000 feet below, 100% of the time -- ban it ! :woot:

#17 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,166 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 22:53

I'm surprised it took anyone this long to find out. Surly the drunks would have been able to tell after the first drop hit their tongue.

#18 zeke009

zeke009

yeap...

• 1,337 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920 (AT&T)

Posted 23 May 2013 - 23:01

A good friend of my wife only drinks 'premium' vodka. For the last few years I've been refilling the bottle she left here with cheap vodka. $15 for a 1.75 of my stuff and $45-55 for her 'premium' stuff. The funny thing is, she never catches it and always has more than 1 drink when she comes over. I offer the cheap stuff first (still in cheap bottle) and she shakes her head, I hold up the refilled bottle and I get the nod.

For some people, it's just an image thing. Me.. I don't care. If the vodka is harsh, just add more mixer.

#19 Tigurinn

Tigurinn

Neowinian

• 475 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 23:01

Also, I tend to not get hangovers with better quality vodka.

The absolute prevention for hangovers: Drinking water in large quantity before going to sleep after consuming alcohol; eating also does the trick, but it's fattening

#20 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,672 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 23:10

A good friend of my wife only drinks 'premium' vodka. For the last few years I've been refilling the bottle she left here with cheap vodka. $15 for a 1.75 of my stuff and $45-55 for her 'premium' stuff. The funny thing is, she never catches it and always has more than 1 drink when she comes over. I offer the cheap stuff first (still in cheap bottle) and she shakes her head, I hold up the refilled bottle and I get the nod.

For some people, it's just an image thing. Me.. I don't care. If the vodka is harsh, just add more mixer.

Lol, totally doing this.

#21 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

• 1,214 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 23:11

People that are into liquor (whisky man myself) , the difference between a cheap and expensive drink is like night and day.
Having said that, If I'm at a bar doing shots, and most likely already plastered, I may not notice. Sipping on glass though the quality is pretty noticeable.

#22 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,077 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 23:13

I'm surprised it took anyone this long to find out. Surly the drunks would have been able to tell after the first drop hit their tongue.

Just because someone drinks alcohol, it doesn't imply they are a drunk.

As someone who managed a bar and is a trained cocktail waiter - I can spot the "image drinkers" a mile off.

The absolute prevention for hangovers: Drinking water in large quantity before going to sleep after consuming alcohol; eating also does the trick, but it's fattening

Nonsense. "Eating" by definition is not fattening - that depends upon what you eat. Drinking water is not an absolute prevention for hangovers at all - it simply keeps you hydrated.

#23 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• 2,647 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 635 / iPhone 4

Posted 23 May 2013 - 23:28

if people couldn't tell a difference, then why are they ordering the better stuff to begin with?

it's a status thing. most people don't want to be seen as cheapskates to whoever they are trying to impress

#24 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:27

^ I can detect Diet anything, in a cave at 30,000 feet below, 100% of the time -- ban it ! :woot:

I can too. It's all I drink these days. :p

#25 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:17

true, i guess some people should be able to tell if you love what you are drinking. For example, no one believed that I could tell the difference of Diet Pepsi out of a 2l bottle or out of a can, but i can get it 100% of the time.

I can do the same. There is a clear difference in the amount of fizz.