New evidence released from Trayvon Martin's cellphone

trayvon martin

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,750 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 25 May 2013 - 23:08

To hell with manslaughter I hope they do him for murder.

Well, he was wearing a hoodie which helps cloud his intent and will keep this thing drawn out. They don't want to punish it at all so they're attacking his character over hip hop photos of himself to say maybe he deserved to be shot in cold blood. (Maybe it would have been better if he had Instagram'd them like white people do.)

Manslaughter would give the guy some prison time and put an end to this mess. It's bringing all the middle-class racists and their bull**** circular reasoning out of the closet and I prefer them to stay in the closet and terrorize their women and children at home instead of all of us with their sociopathy and whatever other psychological problems generates these types of sociopathic sadists.

#47 rfirth

rfirth

Software Engineer

• 4,135 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 620

Posted 25 May 2013 - 23:35

Hispanics are Caucasian if you didn't know. America was basically built on anti-African American racism and it lives today. It can be overcome, but it is disingenuous to pretend it does not exist throughout America and particularly in Law Enforcement in large Metropolitan areas which is where the majority of African Americans in this country live.

Very true, but you're ignoring the anti-Hispanic component. Hispanics aren't getting a free pass either. I never said it wouldn't be different if reversed.

If you believe the outcome wouldn't be dramatically different if the roles were reversed you're living in a fantasy land. Seeing you're from Louisiana, and how ridiculous law enforcement is there, I know you know better. Countless blacks were murdered during Katrina down there and the perps will never be brought to justice.

All too true. I'm just glad you didn't try to use the "Jena 6" as an example, although I don't think your Katrina example is any better - it was an overwhelming event and a huge failure on all levels.

Well, he was wearing a hoodie which helps cloud his intent and will keep this thing drawn out. They don't want to punish it at all so they're attacking his character over hip hop photos of himself to say maybe he deserved to be shot in cold blood.

They don't want to punish it at all so they're attacking his character? No, that's not what's going on. The state is prosecuting George Zimmerman. It's George Zimmerman's defense team that would like to attack Trayvon Martin's character.

It's not to say he deserved to be shot, but to build a case that perhaps Trayvon Martin did attack Zimmerman. The important piece of evidence isn't the guns or the drugs, but his interest in street fighting. Relevant? Absolutely. But everyone is wrongly focusing on the guns and drugs.

#48 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,750 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760

Posted 25 May 2013 - 23:41

Very true, but you're ignoring the anti-Hispanic component. Hispanics aren't getting a free pass either. I never said it wouldn't be different if reversed.

They don't want to punish it at all so they're attacking his character? No, that's not what's going on. The state is prosecuting George Zimmerman. It's George Zimmerman's defense team that would like to attack Trayvon Martin's character.

It's not to say he deserved to be shot, but to build a case that perhaps Trayvon Martin did attack Zimmerman. The important piece of evidence isn't the guns or the drugs, but his interest in street fighting. Relevant? Absolutely. But everyone is wrongly focusing on the guns and drugs.

Approving nod. I think I'll avoid this thread. Too incendiary. Many teens fight a lot. This should be open and shut. Gun vs. No Gun, Zimmerman's intent rather clear. I'd be happy with a few years in prison and a plea bargain for this to just go way, though the family probably wouldn't. Prison justice will balance things out.

#49 jnelsoninjax

jnelsoninjax

A custom title? Cool!

• 7,567 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:28

By why does it matters how the media painted him? It's not revelant to the case at all imo.

Personally i don't consider holding a gun or smoking as a really bad habit unless it becomes an obsession/addiction.

Sadly it does make a difference. So many people have this notion that zimmerman simply killed this kid and since the media is helping paint the kid as a saint, and innocent/helpless victim. Was the kid targeted because he smoked weed and played with guns? No. But you can bet when/if this goes to trial the defense is going to use this 'new' evidence to say that he somehow brought this on himself, and the jury, who is pulled from the area that he was killed at has seen this report, and it may cause them (the jury) to rethink the whole case, just because we are all be told how good Trayavon was.

#50 bradsday

bradsday

Neowinian

• 368 posts
  • Phone: BlackBerry 9700

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:37

This situation was the culmination of a series of poor decisions. Mr Zimmerman should have not been armed and he should have heeded the advice of the emergency operator and not approached Trayvon. Conversely, Trayvon should not have escalated the situation from simple self-defense to assault with intent. Trayvon landed an initial punch to Mr Zimmerman breaking his nose; this would have essentially rendered him defenseless. Trayvon could have easily beat his retreat at this point. Instead, he made the conscience decision to assault Mr Zimmerman sitting atop him and bashing his head into the concrete pavement. Had Mr Zimmerman not shot Trayvon when he did, he would likely be dead now. The evidence of the assault on Mr Zimmerman is well documented; the absence of any such injuries on Trayvon speaks to the validity to Mr Zimmerman's account of the events that night.

#51 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,886 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:46

Well, he was wearing a hoodie which helps cloud his intent and will keep this thing drawn out. They don't want to punish it at all so they're attacking his character over hip hop photos of himself to say maybe he deserved to be shot in cold blood. (Maybe it would have been better if he had Instagram'd them like white people do.)

Manslaughter would give the guy some prison time and put an end to this mess. It's bringing all the middle-class racists and their bull**** circular reasoning out of the closet and I prefer them to stay in the closet and terrorize their women and children at home instead of all of us with their sociopathy and whatever other psychological problems generates these types of sociopathic sadists.

I wear a hoodie almost every time I go out on my bike, it's a way to keep me warm in weather that's hot enough not to need a coat but not so warm that I can get away with just a T-Shirt. On these idiots logic that must make me a potential ruffian as well (even though I am far from a cause of trouble).

#52 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,750 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 18:21

I wear a hoodie almost every time I go out on my bike, it's a way to keep me warm in weather that's hot enough not to need a coat but not so warm that I can get away with just a T-Shirt. On these idiots logic that must make me a potential ruffian as well (even though I am far from a cause of trouble).

Unfortunately the reality is that African American culture and hoodies do often have negative connotations, that's just a reality. It is what it is. If you are African American, yes walking around at night in a hoodie would alarm most people, including other African American's since 80% of the crimes they commit are against other African Americans. We're not going to fix those issues here, but I'm also not going to pretend these things don't exist.

#53 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:42

This situation was the culmination of a series of poor decisions. Mr Zimmerman should have not been armed and he should have heeded the advice of the emergency operator and not approached Trayvon. Conversely, Trayvon should not have escalated the situation from simple self-defense to assault with intent. Trayvon landed an initial punch to Mr Zimmerman breaking his nose; this would have essentially rendered him defenseless. Trayvon could have easily beat his retreat at this point. Instead, he made the conscience decision to assault Mr Zimmerman sitting atop him and bashing his head into the concrete pavement. Had Mr Zimmerman not shot Trayvon when he did, he would likely be dead now. The evidence of the assault on Mr Zimmerman is well documented; the absence of any such injuries on Trayvon speaks to the validity to Mr Zimmerman's account of the events that night.

I agree but that is common sense and a lot of people don't want to hear that.

#54 bradsday

bradsday

Neowinian

• 368 posts
  • Phone: BlackBerry 9700

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:13

I agree but that is common sense and a lot of people don't want to hear that.

It appears common sense is not so common. :no: