New evidence released from Trayvon Martin's cellphone

Well, he was wearing a hoodie which helps cloud his intent and will keep this thing drawn out. They don't want to punish it at all so they're attacking his character over hip hop photos of himself to say maybe he deserved to be shot in cold blood. (Maybe it would have been better if he had Instagram'd them like white people do.)

Manslaughter would give the guy some prison time and put an end to this mess. It's bringing all the middle-class racists and their bull**** circular reasoning out of the closet and I prefer them to stay in the closet and terrorize their women and children at home instead of all of us with their sociopathy and whatever other psychological problems generates these types of sociopathic sadists.

I wear a hoodie almost every time I go out on my bike, it's a way to keep me warm in weather that's hot enough not to need a coat but not so warm that I can get away with just a T-Shirt. On these idiots logic that must make me a potential ruffian as well (even though I am far from a cause of trouble).

I wear a hoodie almost every time I go out on my bike, it's a way to keep me warm in weather that's hot enough not to need a coat but not so warm that I can get away with just a T-Shirt. On these idiots logic that must make me a potential ruffian as well (even though I am far from a cause of trouble).

Unfortunately the reality is that African American culture and hoodies do often have negative connotations, that's just a reality. It is what it is. If you are African American, yes walking around at night in a hoodie would alarm most people, including other African American's since 80% of the crimes they commit are against other African Americans. We're not going to fix those issues here, but I'm also not going to pretend these things don't exist.

This situation was the culmination of a series of poor decisions. Mr Zimmerman should have not been armed and he should have heeded the advice of the emergency operator and not approached Trayvon. Conversely, Trayvon should not have escalated the situation from simple self-defense to assault with intent. Trayvon landed an initial punch to Mr Zimmerman breaking his nose; this would have essentially rendered him defenseless. Trayvon could have easily beat his retreat at this point. Instead, he made the conscience decision to assault Mr Zimmerman sitting atop him and bashing his head into the concrete pavement. Had Mr Zimmerman not shot Trayvon when he did, he would likely be dead now. The evidence of the assault on Mr Zimmerman is well documented; the absence of any such injuries on Trayvon speaks to the validity to Mr Zimmerman's account of the events that night.

I agree but that is common sense and a lot of people don't want to hear that.

I agree but that is common sense and a lot of people don't want to hear that.

It appears common sense is not so common. :no: