new mexico conspiracy tampering possession cocaine marijuana

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,885 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 21:46

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – An 84-year-old Albuquerque woman on an oxygen tank has been indicted for drug trafficking.

KRQE-TV reports that Lillie Smith was recently indicted by a Bernalillo County grand jury for trafficking, conspiracy to commit trafficking, tampering with evidence and possession.

Court documents show the charges stem from a warrant served at her apartment in 2011.

Deputies suspected that the woman's son, Nathan Jones, was running a small drug operation out of her home. But the sheriff's office says deputies found cocaine and marijuana on Smith and she tried to stash the drugs during the investigation.

Court records show that Smith was arrested and has been released. Her son was also arrested.

source

#2 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:50

I guess you can't blame her much for covering for her son. Most parents would have done the same.

#3 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,885 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 14:02

That's one hard-core hippie. :s

#4 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

• 2,964 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 14:06

She's 84, I'm pretty sure she could care less if anything happens to her at this point.

#5 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,178 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 16:28

She's 84, I'm pretty sure she could care less if anything happens to her at this point.

At the same time, she's 84 and doesn't need our tax money wasted on putting her through the system.

/NM resident