Wii U Sales Rank Jumps 875% Following Microsoft

The Xbox One?s disappointing reveal has shot up sales of the Wii U on Amazon.com. The system was at #390 before the conference, but now has shot up to #40 due to Microsoft?s glorified TV box.

This momentum should carry Nintendo right into the summer as they have big plans for the Wii U at E3 and this fall. The console race has just begun but it?s good to see gamers are picking up a system that?s dedicated to gaming first, and multimedia second.

Source: Player Essence

haha wow :D

good for nintendo .. now if only they would decide to reverse their decision about being pricks and taking all ad revenue from nintendo games on youtube for themselves

• Like 1

so this means that Nintendo sold 2 consoles more? Good to them :laugh:

Anyways MS is having pretty hard backlash lately: Windows 8, Windows Phone 7/8, Surface RT and Pro and now this... :o

so this means that Nintendo sold 2 consoles more? Good to them :laugh:

Anyways MS is having pretty hard backlash lately: Windows 8, Windows Phone 7/8, Surface RT and Pro and now this... :o

Hahahahaha. Right. As far as I can tell they nailed it with the X1. But seriously, who was holding off on a Wii U for that?

• Like 1

I might be stating the obvious, but Nintendo is very different than Xbox and Playstation. Nintendo is more about fun and being with friends/family playing short fun games. The playstation and Xbox is more about graphic intensive, complex, long, fun games with multiplayer, and playing with friends.

I for one am glad Microsoft is having a tough time as of late. They have the ability to create some truly amazing things, but I grow tired of there insistence on bringing their way of doing business in the Windows/Office world into the gaming world.

Whether people want to admit it or not, console gaming was better off without Microsoft. They've brought some innovative things to the hobby, and ruined it at the same time.

• Like 4

The funny thing is, the moment i saw it and the specs i was like "this will be a huge failure" yet everyone on neowin disagreed with me. The Xbox 360 is gorgeous and the One looks like another stillborn metro conception. Why does everything have to be a boring square shaped thing microsoft ?!?!?! If consumers didnt care about looks then why is Apple giving you the flogging of your life?

This has nothing to do with Microsoft. It has to do with the pushing of the Wii U in the UK (70GBP Price cut that happened in May).

Besides use your head, the people that would be disappointed would be buying the PS4 instead.

• Like 2

Yeah .......Microsoft would have done better to have had that presentation after e3.

People buy xboxes for the games first, not its multi-media functions. (its better and cheaper items for that)

Glad Nintendo could get a boost out the ordeal. I would hate to see them ever go sega. :(

The funny thing is, the moment i saw it and the specs i was like "this will be a huge failure" yet everyone on neowin disagreed with me. The Xbox 360 is gorgeous and the One looks like another stillborn metro conception. Why does everything have to be a boring square shaped thing microsoft ?!?!?! If consumers didnt care about looks then why is Apple giving you the flogging of your life?

Same thing happened with Windows 8. Some people just don't want to listen.

• Like 2

We're talking about an increase over a very short period of time (it's tracked over 24hrs). If you look at the site reporting it you'll see the "article" is little more than a forum post submitted by a reader - there is no analysis of the data, nor is any context given. It remains to be seen whether it will be statistically significant with respect to overall sales for the month, though it seems unlikely it will make much difference. The biggest problem for Nintendo is that it doesn't have much in the way of third-party support and?unlike the original Wii?the Wii U is being sold at a loss - that makes it much more difficult for Nintendo to turn a profit.

lol, XBOX 360 will be the win7, while xbox one being the metro.

I don't think so. This is not like an OS which you can use for the next years to come having recent content.

The 360 is old. It had its time. Now it's time to say good bye.

Instead of purchasing a 360, gamers will look for other options such as Wii U and PS4.

That is... if MS doesn't come up with something good @ E3.

LOL at all those people who jumped the gun. We'll see how confident they are after E3, people seem to forget MS are deliberately holding back on the gaming side till E3. I'm expecting big things from MS at E3, hope I'm not disappointed...

I don't think so. This is not like an OS which you can use for the next years to come having recent content.

Instead of purchasing a 360, gamers will look for other options such as Wii U and PS4.

I vaguely remember someone at MS saying that (like the PS2) they will continue to release new content for 360. Obviously it won't be as good/nice as the xbox one edition but it's a larger audience.

Sure the 360 is old, but it's not time to say goodbye, after all the Xbox one isn't backwards compatible, there are so many games to play on it still

They wont magically not exist anymore, in theory one could stay with the 360 for another decade and still not play all the games.

So far the Xbox One is an ugly disappointment, Microsoft's direction as of late has been baffling, I don't know who's running things there but they

are doing a horrible job, but I guess time will tell.

MS is trying to push people to much and to do to much at once. Users do not like change and something that will never change. Why Apple did so well and Android.

Of course this could be the normal panic/fear after such a big release. Maybe when its released and people have hands on experience, things will change.

That "glorified tv box" will be infinitely better at games than the Wii U. All these people who bought the Wii U will probably never use it in 2 months.

I for one am glad Microsoft is having a tough time as of late. They have the ability to create some truly amazing things, but I grow tired of there insistence on bringing their way of doing business in the Windows/Office world into the gaming world.

Whether people want to admit it or not, console gaming was better off without Microsoft. They've brought some innovative things to the hobby, and ruined it at the same time.

You can't be serious. Please list reasons.

MS is trying to push people to much and to do to much at once. Users do not like change and something that will never change. Why Apple did so well and Android.

Of course this could be the normal panic/fear after such a big release. Maybe when its released and people have hands on experience, things will change.

They aren't pushing people to do any more at once than with the 360. If you just want to play games then turn it on and play a game. How hard is that?

They aren't pushing people to do any more at once than with the 360. If you just want to play games then turn it on and play a game. How hard is that?

Lot of people just want a game console. Putting everything in to one, something is going to suffer. Wouldnt be surprised to see the PS4 become top dog. Of course, my opinion on something that hasnt been released yet.

That doesn't explain how gaming would suffer. IMO a gaming only console would be a horrible idea because consoles last for so long these days. And I would not purchase a gaming-only device. I will purchase the xbox one BECAUSE its not a gaming-only device.

LOL at all those people who jumped the gun. We'll see how confident they are after E3, people seem to forget MS are deliberately holding back on the gaming side till E3. I'm expecting big things from MS at E3, hope I'm not disappointed...

Considering how terrible microsoft almost always is at e3, i'd curb your expectations a bit. Otherwise you likely will be disappointed

Considering how terrible microsoft almost always is at e3, i'd curb your expectations a bit. Otherwise you likely will be disappointed

again.*

:laugh:

You can't be serious. Please list reasons.

LOL, study Microsoft's ways/philsophy of doing business on the PC side and look at how they're trying to shove these same practices onto the console gaming market. Before long, we'll have console games to come with product keys, online activation and the first BSA audit of someone's game collection.

Games haven't had any value since the introduction of the 360, PS3.