High school student takes Model to Prom

Jake Davidson's prom was definitely a night to remember!

While the Los Angeles high school student didn't end up bringing Kate Upton as his date, although he certainly got her attention with his headline-making YouTube appeal, he had another certified beauty on his arm for the rite of passage: Upton?s fellow model Nina Agdal.

The big night was Thursday in Santa Monica and it included the requisite prom photo shoot beforehand. Davidson, dressed in a gray tux with a black bow tie, happily posed next to the 21-year-old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue model, who wore a sage green halter dress that showed off her back.

"Had such a great prom night," tweeted the Danish beauty, who recently appeared in an ad for Carl's Jr. that ran during the Super Bowl. "Thank you jakedavidson23 for being an awesome date!"

"She came over to my house to meet my family and then we headed over to pre-prom, which is where everyone from school takes pictures," he told Sports Illustrated's Swim Daily blog on Friday. "Then we headed to prom for a little bit, the usual schedule, but with a very unique date."

more & video

post-37120-0-52514100-1369437824.jpg

What is so great about Prom? In the UK at least, my prom was rubbish, boring, dull and I wanted to leave straight away. I was with my girlfriend too who I'm still dating many years on - I just saw it as a date and I couldn't really spend quality time with my girlfriend and cuddle her because everyone else is around...kinda overrated rubbish if you ask me.

What is so great about Prom? In the UK at least, my prom was rubbish, boring, dull and I wanted to leave straight away. I was with my girlfriend too who I'm still dating many years on - I just saw it as a date and I couldn't really spend quality time with my girlfriend and cuddle her because everyone else is around...kinda overrated rubbish if you ask me.

Not about the prom itself. It's about what happens afterwords.

You go home and tell your parents how it was like I did?

:laugh:

i didn't even went to prom because in my country that isn't a big deal. :rofl:

:laugh:

i didn't even went to prom because in my country that isn't a big deal. :rofl:

Ha ha yer same here me and another geek went as friends, didn't even kiss... but then we went strictly as friends Americans take proms way to seriously.

Ha ha yer same here me and another geek went as friends, didn't even kiss... but then we went strictly as friends Americans take proms way to seriously.

i think in America it's considerated a rite of passage... and a night of booze and sex :rolleyes:

meanwhile in my country (Portugal) there's a lot of teens that get pregnant underage (15, 16) so yeah prom night here is pointless. on the other hand the finalist trips are very crazy. :woot:

That "model" is not pretty, and is flatter than a pre puberty 12yo, think he lost out in this deal

I am surprises they let him bring her,in our area they will not let any non students attend, they will not allow students from other schools either.

I am surprises they let him bring her,in our area they will not let any non students attend, they will not allow students from other schools either.

Maybe because it's a stupid rule that is there for no valid reason?

Maybe because it's a stupid rule that is there for no valid reason?

Rules are rules. If you don't like them disobey them but expect to be punished.