NBC greenlights adventure thriller 'Siberia'

NBC has ordered a scripted series for summer about a reality show gone way bad.

Siberia, which will bow July 1 at 10 p.m., is about a group of contestants who arrive in a remote Siberian territory of Tunguska where a meteor hit back in 1908. When a player is badly hurt and no help arrives, the 16 contestants realize the strange occurrences on the island are not part of the show.

?The concept of survival, when mysterious elements are at play, makes for a compelling show,? said Jeff Bader, President, Program Planning, Strategy and Research for NBC Entertainment, in a statement. ?We believe a scripted series that offers an insightful behind-the-scenes view of how a reality concept comes together ? especially when things don?t go according to plan ? will connect with our audience in a very satisfying way.?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/20/nbc-greenlights-adventure-thriller-siberia/

Just hoping it is not Lost.

That's funny because one of the first comments on EW says about Lost

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty interesting, but with a premise like this I wonder how many seasons they can get out of it. After maybe 2 or 3, it's got to explain a lot of what is really happening and kind of shift its focus. But it does look kinda cool and weird.

Looks pretty interesting, but with a premise like this I wonder how many seasons they can get out of it. After maybe 2 or 3, it's got to explain a lot of what is really happening and kind of shift its focus. But it does look kinda cool and weird.

I think it's just a one season thing to show during the Summer

I think it's just a one season thing to show during the Summer

Ye, don't see how this can stay on the air longer than one season. Maybe even get canceled before the end of the season.

Ye, don't see how this can stay on the air longer than one season. Maybe even get canceled before the end of the season.

NBC will have nothing on so they will show the full season probably unless its abysmal ratings

NBC will have nothing on so they will show the full season probably unless its abysmal ratings

Ye it s a good point. If they don't have anything else then we can get stuck with a crappy show just because of that :)

realize the strange occurrences on the island are not part of the show.

Wait a sec, what island?

It does sound an interesting show though, and I'll probably watch it!

Just hope it's not the next Terra Nova.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So has anyone watched the show? I want to know if it's worth my time :)

I watched it, really enjoyed it and got tweeted by the official account when I mentioned that :D

I watched it, really enjoyed it and got tweeted by the official account when I mentioned that :D

O.k, i'll give it a try then :)

How did they know that you mentioned it? You wrote it on their tweeter?

O.k, i'll give it a try then :)

How did they know that you mentioned it? You wrote it on their tweeter?

I mentioned how I liked it and they must of found it and just said thanks :p

Hmm, the "reality show" approach of it is a bit off for me (this coming from a Survivor fan). Almost 2/3 of the first episode was used to set up the reality show feel. I'll probably wait and see if the next episode are engaging enough. The plot is interesting, though.