[MAC] Photo editing app recommendation

Looking for a good photo edditing app for my Mac Air.

Any recommendations to good photo software where I can make banners for webpages? I know Adobe Photoshop CS2 is now free from Adobe. Is this my best option? Or does mac offer other software (since I know mac os is well known for graphic designers, etc)

Thanks in advance

or you might be able to use the adobe cloud apps like photoshop. I pay $20 a month for photoshop. I love it and saves me from having to try and save up an exorbitant amount of cash to purchase a DVD but, now Adobe has stated they are no longer going to sell DVD media versions and going straight to the cloud

Pixelmator and Acorn are both fine, except I find Pixelmator extremely hard to look at (black UI).

I use Photoshop CS6 myself, which is very well priced with their Cloud offerings.

Personally, unless you really need those high end Photoshop features, the best option is Pixelmator - it is modestly priced, heavily Mac integrated and takes advantage of the built in hardware acceleration which OS X provides and most importantly it doesn't take up a heap of space or use a heap of memory.

except I find Pixelmator extremely hard to look at (black UI).

Ah finally, I am not the only one. I have reported it a countless number of times and they won't ever fix it.

Personally, unless you really need those high end Photoshop features, the best option is Pixelmator - it is modestly priced, heavily Mac integrated and takes advantage of the built in hardware acceleration which OS X provides and most importantly it doesn't take up a heap of space or use a heap of memory.

Does it work with Nikon or Canon Raw files? that's why PS is so big with photographers.

Ah finally, I am not the only one. I have reported it a countless number of times and they won't ever fix it.

I've sent them feedback on it as well; looks like it's not going to happen.

Does it work with Nikon or Canon Raw files? that's why PS is so big with photographers.

No I don't but it appears that you don't actually read what I wrote because this is what I said at the end of the sentence that you ignored:

.....unless you really need those high end Photoshop features....

Raw files is a high end feature and if you need that high end feature then Photoshop makes perfect sense. Again, read the WHOLE post and don't come to a conclusion based on a hasty scanning and making an assumption based on what you've quickly scanned over.

GIMP is now a Native App on OS X and also FREE, It is as powerfull as Photoshop, although Im not a fan of its Menu organization, but thats just me :)

www.gimp.org HmVMGzt.png?1

GIMP for Mac OS X

Since the 2.8.2 version GIMP runs on OSX natively. No X11 environment is required.

Hi guys, I'm Galina, developer from Macphun. I don't want to go against the rules of this forum, so I'm not offering you to buy anything. But since it's the talk about photography apps, and we develop them, I can't stop by and mention that you may check the free trial version of our FX Photo Studio (and FX Photo Studio Pro) app on CNET and Snapheal on our web-site. The first app is for photo effects junkies, and the second one helps to fix imperfections. Hope you might try them out when you have time. :)