17 posts in this topic

Posted

What is Halo 'Bootcamp'? Microsoft isn't saying yet

by John Callaham

2_halo3-gameplay.jpg

There hasn't been a Halo game released for the PC platform since Halo 2 way back in 2007. Now there's word that a Halo-related game might be on its way, but it's not yet clear what kind of game it will be.

Gamefront reports that a listing for something called Bootcamp was recently posted to the Korean Game Rating Board by Microsoft. The description of the post seems to suggest that it is a PC online game related to Halo 3, a game that was released first for the Xbox 360 console in 2007 but has yet to become available for the PC platform.

A spokesperson for Microsoft sent the website a comment which didn't say exactly what Bootcamp was but did say what it wasn't going to be;

What’s Bootcamp? It is not related to our Xbox One efforts, or the Reclaimer Saga, but rather a project we’re very enthusiastic about and will have more to say about in the near future.

There have been rumors in the past that Halo 3 might be ported to the PC, including word that a recent AMD graphics driver had support for the game. However, Microsoft has said more than once that it has no plans to launch Halo 3 for the PC.

Source: Gamefront | Image via Microsoft

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love it if they released every single Halo game on PC with achievements!

I wonder if this will be a Modern UI game? Also Bootcamp makes me think it may be related to the comics/novels...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nevermind misread.

Edited by Knightwolf20024

Posted

halo 2 on the pc had achivements

I know, I own every single Halo game aha :)

Posted

From what it sounds like, it's basically the equivalent of a *training program* for ODST and Spartans - like boot camp would be in the military of today. Not a bad thing, especially if it's cross-platform.

However, it could become an argument-starter, due to control differences (perceived or actual) between console and PC (though Kinect and XB ONE controllers also becoming available for Windows could stifle that).

2 people like this

Posted

From what it sounds like, it's basically the equivalent of a *training program* for ODST and Spartans - like boot camp would be in the military of today. Not a bad thing, especially if it's cross-platform.

However, it could become an argument-starter, due to control differences (perceived or actual) between console and PC (though Kinect and XB ONE controllers also becoming available for Windows could stifle that).

I wish was PC game equivalent to halo 3

1 person likes this

Posted

Halo 3? No ta. Give me Halo: Combat Evolved built from the ground up on PC and then I'll be happy.

Posted

Halo 3? No ta. Give me Halo: Combat Evolved built from the ground up on PC and then I'll be happy.

Halo: Combat Evolved PC wasn't that bad a port. It still has an active user base today and a load of mods.

Posted

Halo: Combat Evolved PC wasn't that bad a port. It still has an active user base today and a load of mods.

Oh, I'm not saying the original Halo: Combat Evolved was awful, but if they're going to do anything Halo-oriented for PC, it's CE or nothing for me. I hated Halo 2 & 3, especially Halo 3, that was pure garbage.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, I'm not saying the original Halo: Combat Evolved was awful, but if they're going to do anything Halo-oriented for PC, it's CE or nothing for me. I hated Halo 2 & 3, especially Halo 3, that was pure garbage.

Ah, I see. Like Halo CE: Anniversary?

Posted

If we get Halo Wars instead of Halo 3, oh boy..

1 person likes this

Posted

If all the Halo's had solid PC ports i guess i'd play them, never really spent much time on them on the 360.

Posted

What sorts of mods are floating around?

Posted

Who wants to bet this is related to Kinect? An Halo themed Kinect... bootcamp.

Edit: Ah, didn't noticed they said it wasn't related to Xbox One. There goes that ideia then.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm thinking it's some type of custom player control app/system for use with future MP gaming. What if you can create and manage your character outside of the game but in doing so you can transfer the character from one future Halo to the next so that you're not just remaking characters over and over with each new game?

It honestly doesn't sound like it's a game itself but more as a extra side thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Me too!! lol :)

1 person likes this