Photo

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 OP cammy

cammy

Neowinian

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:25

I would go for the Asus M5A97 that you posted above.

Im actually considering that one for my soon AMD 8350 build :)

yeah, The way I see it is, if the PS4 & Xbox 1 are both going AMD, then PC games will be better optimized for AMD builds, especially those with 8 cores etc, Always used intel because they were the best, but AMD is where it's at for the next generation I think.

#17 trek

trek

7 / X

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:58

I'd be more concerned with what caused your PSU to 'blow up' after the move. Are you having brownouts at the new location? Check to see what else is causing load on that circuit before it causes your brand new parts to fry too.

#18 OP cammy

cammy

Neowinian

Posted 27 May 2013 - 23:22

I'd be more concerned with what caused your PSU to 'blow up' after the move. Are you having brownouts at the new location? Check to see what else is causing load on that circuit before it causes your brand new parts to fry too.

well, I moved the system down stairs, plugged it in an the PSU went, but my motherboard frazzled too and god knows what else, I think there was a surge of power, Have a lot connected in the room I'm in (Tv, PS3, Laptop, Electric heater, Lizard enclosure) so maybe that did it, never ever not using my surge protector again, ****ing dick move on my part.

#19 trek

trek

7 / X

Posted 27 May 2013 - 23:28

Electric heater and water pump would do it. I would suggest you make sure that those run on a separate circuit from the computer.

#20 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 May 2013 - 23:29

990FX too pricey for you?

#21 OP cammy

cammy

Neowinian

Posted 28 May 2013 - 00:05

990FX too pricey for you?

Just out of my budget,I think what I've gone for is perfect for my needs, going to pan out to be pretty decent, especially since I think I've built something quite similar to the next gen consoles, I could see the prices of the components I got either raising or staying level for a while, PC gaming doesn't progress that far at the initial 'next gen' phase, companies want to design games for common hardware, and since both big consoles are AMD I can see game companies optimising their software for an AMD based system with higher cores, utilizing more RAM, only problem is the PCIE 3.0 thing, because I'm sure graphics cards will soon get 8gb gddr5 memory, but even still, 2.0 should be able to support that (according to what I've read anyway).

#22 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 21

Posted 28 May 2013 - 00:45

The electric heater will fry things. In the winter that is the first thing I ask about/go inspect.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!