Need help, complete and utter headache, losing the will to live.

Hey guys, So I found out the other week I have a serious illness, I'm told to just relax, take it easy, do what I enjoy in the meantime.

So I spent some money on a new Graphics card and I've been enjoying myself for a few weeks, Today I couldn't manage to get up to my room so set up my PC at a bed downstairs, When I plugged it in the ****ing thing blew, PSU went and Smoke started coming from the Motherboard also.

Then I spent an hour figuring out what else was wrong and ordered new parts (can't afford to but what the hell).

I set up my laptop and plugged my monitor into that; turns out my Samsung 2232BW has also decided today he's going to be a dick an has developed this (apparently common) "flickering issue" I can't be that unlucky?

My concern is this, could the PSU blowing and frazzling my motherboard also have ruined my new Graphics card? and also caused the flicker problem with my Synmaster? It was all working perfectly before I moved the system downstairs, no change in any of the power unputs, everything was delicately moved.

I don't want to splash out on a new monitor so I'm ordering a repair kit in the meantime.

I did my best to work out what else was ruined, but could someone share anymore knowledge on the whole power issue, how can I tell if it has blown other things? I have a power tester, could anybody advise me on what to test specifically to find out the problem? also does anybody have first hand experience with the Samsung problem? I tried to see if anyone else had this problem preceding a PSU blowing.

I've ordered a new power supply and a monitor repair kit (capacitor replacement) but I'd even just like to have this post here in the case I do find out it has caused this and someone else can search and find this post for help in the future.

Anything is possible. Start with the psu and motherboard and go on from there. If you are in warranty, use that up (this is where it benefits to buy from a big box manufacurer, they can't blame the other components that aren't theirs, it is all theirs).

Anything is possible. Start with the psu and motherboard and go on from there. If you are in warranty, use that up (this is where it benefits to buy from a big box manufacurer, they can't blame the other components that aren't theirs, it is all theirs).

Yeah well, It's just a major pain in the ass, I'm considering buying a new system all together, AMD FX 8350 and a new motherboard.

I posted this in the correct thread but I'd like more exposure....

Hey guys, just need some real quick unbais advice.

My pc blew up, was going to just replace all the parts with the same parts (q6600 etc)

So anyway, Picked up a 750w PSU and 16GB DDR3 1333mhz, got an ATI 7970 too and an older model SSD.

All I'm needing is a motherboard and I quite fancy the Piledriver edition FX8350.

What's a decent motherboard for overclocking/future G card upgrades etc for these parts in mind? and I'm basing this purchase of items on the release of specs for the ps4/XBO, how does this processor compare to the Jaguars in the consoles.

Should I wait? is there Newer processors coming in the immediate future I should know about? I've got ?250 to spend, the processor is ?150 and I've got ?100 to spend on a motherboard.

could someone advise me better as I've missed out on my reading in the last 2-3 months and missed a lot.

umm, that hardware thread was not for suggesting buying things...

Oh, well then help me out? I looked at the first few posts and noticed it was all intel, but I've looked at graphs and the AMD processor seems a lot more current and then futureproof, 8 cores, higher clock speeds, intel seems to be just for now and for pure gaming.

It would seem my mind is made up but I wan't more advice, especially in regard to the motherboard.

So what do you want to know? If the 8350 is good and a candidate for a motherboard that has good capability to OC??

So what do you want to know? If the 8350 is good and a candidate for a motherboard that has good capability to OC??

What motherboard should I go for, budget is actually ?85 after all, I want 4x memory slots, usb 3, sata 3, and pcie x2 plus OC ability through motherboard.

This is ?91.42, but is top recommended mb for a FX-8350

http://www.newegg.co...VirtualParent=1

If not there is this one which fits your budget

?72.87

This is ?91.42, but is top recommended mb for a FX-8350

If not there is this one which fits your budget

?72.87

what about this?

Asus M5A97?

It would work, only thing I would suggest is looking for a board with PCIE 3 support. Only backing for that is to future proof you with GPUs if they start utilizing it more.

The board looks amazing :)

>.< I just realized the ones I posted dont have PCIE 3.. I swore the more expensive one did..

Now that I think about it, I dont think AMD has PCIE 3 support yet... Someone can correct me

I like the motherboard you posted though, it has nice options on it.

I would go for the Asus M5A97 that you posted above.

Im actually considering that one for my soon AMD 8350 build :)

I would go for the Asus M5A97 that you posted above.

Im actually considering that one for my soon AMD 8350 build :)

yeah, The way I see it is, if the PS4 & Xbox 1 are both going AMD, then PC games will be better optimized for AMD builds, especially those with 8 cores etc, Always used intel because they were the best, but AMD is where it's at for the next generation I think.

I'd be more concerned with what caused your PSU to 'blow up' after the move. Are you having brownouts at the new location? Check to see what else is causing load on that circuit before it causes your brand new parts to fry too.

I'd be more concerned with what caused your PSU to 'blow up' after the move. Are you having brownouts at the new location? Check to see what else is causing load on that circuit before it causes your brand new parts to fry too.

well, I moved the system down stairs, plugged it in an the PSU went, but my motherboard frazzled too and god knows what else, I think there was a surge of power, Have a lot connected in the room I'm in (Tv, PS3, Laptop, Electric heater, Lizard enclosure) so maybe that did it, never ever not using my surge protector again, ****ing dick move on my part.

Electric heater and water pump would do it. I would suggest you make sure that those run on a separate circuit from the computer.

990FX too pricey for you?

Just out of my budget,I think what I've gone for is perfect for my needs, going to pan out to be pretty decent, especially since I think I've built something quite similar to the next gen consoles, I could see the prices of the components I got either raising or staying level for a while, PC gaming doesn't progress that far at the initial 'next gen' phase, companies want to design games for common hardware, and since both big consoles are AMD I can see game companies optimising their software for an AMD based system with higher cores, utilizing more RAM, only problem is the PCIE 3.0 thing, because I'm sure graphics cards will soon get 8gb gddr5 memory, but even still, 2.0 should be able to support that (according to what I've read anyway).