Xbox One is going to be region locked

Thread cleaned.

Please stick to the topic and stop the name-calling or we will have to close the thread.

This is probably the least annoying thing I've heard about the One because I haven't imported games since the PSX, Saturn era. All in all though, I think the entire Xbox One unveiling seriously needs a "do over". I've hear more about what I'm not allowed to do with it vs. what I can do. For a company full of intelligent, rich people, they're about as out of touch and idiotic as can be. Hell, I don't even care about what games are coming out for it at this point.

This console is shaping up to be first and foremost, a device created for the sole purpose of easing the minds of paranoid, controlling content creators who are apparrantly one financial crisis away from sleeping by trash cans.

"Comsumer choice has no place in the living room" - Quote extracted from the brain of some imbecile at Microsoft.

Most of the stuff coming out or being talked about is wrong though. They've said as much and have said to wait for them to officially give out details. I really don't know why everyone bites into all these rumors like they're fact. Even this post about the region lock, the reply from MS doesn't say anything about region locking. It's a generic PR reply that says that they'll follow any legal rules they have to in a country to get games sold there, nothing else. The quote could just as well be a reply to age restrictions and game ratings which music and movies also share with video games.

Most of the stuff coming out or being talked about is wrong though. They've said as much and have said to wait for them to officially give out details. I really don't know why everyone bites into all these rumors like they're fact. Even this post about the region lock, the reply from MS doesn't say anything about region locking. It's a generic PR reply that says that they'll follow any legal rules they have to in a country to get games sold there, nothing else. The quote could just as well be a reply to age restrictions and game ratings which music and movies also share with video games.

The online requirement denial was side-skirted and we now know that previous XBLA and normal 360 games will not work. They also have this side stepping excuse about the new system being designed to allow people to resell, trade and loan games garbage, which tells me they're about to money grab us again over something that should be a given and not up for discussion.

Seems like every rumor thus far has had a bit of truth to them.