New browser for Android... kills Chrome and others.

I gave it a run since yesterday and no its not that awesome. It maybe better than some but dolphin is better to me. With next browser it's a pain to pan and zoom. Because it's always activating the side panels.....a pain in the asss. I don't think the tab control was well thought out....

Yeah read about it before. Never bothered trying it though. Don't browse a whole lot on my phone. Chrome works fine enough for my usage.

I'd change if there was an IE version for Android though, but I doubt we'll see that.

Saw how GO SMS Pro slowly get bloated and decided against anymore GO Apps.

(I hated that dialog that announce that theres new themes, I don't need their version of WhatApp embedded inside)

But the interface for Next looks pretty good better than Dolphin.

Simple, flat and goes well with Holo.

But I kind of enjoy the convenience of Chrome Sync so I'll stay with Chrome.

• Like 1

For me Chrome on Android works well. I hardly ever use the third party browsers I did install, and can't see myself trying the GO Next browser to be honest.

Saw how GO SMS Pro slowly get bloated and decided against anymore GO Apps.

(I hated that dialog that announce that theres new themes, I don't need their version of WhatApp embedded inside)

But the interface for Next looks pretty good better than Dolphin.

Simple, flat and goes well with Holo.

But I kind of enjoy the convenience of Chrome Sync so I'll stay with Chrome.

Yeah Go SMS is pretty bloated, I have it set to just run on Lite mode and have gone through the getjar apps to get rid of the text messages telling me that there is a new theme out. Took about 20 minutes of my time to get enough credits for 6 months of silence! Not checked Handcent for a while but prefered the customisation of GoSMS.

Chrome works so well for, dont see a reason to change something that works well.

The last update they made with the full screen was really cool.

For my existing Android Tablet and until last week when i still had an Android phone i used Chrome and only Chrome, i disabled or when available removed the default browser that comes with Android and Chrome was always good to me. ran better than anything else i found and i loved that all my stuff synced between my computer and the phone due to my Chrome usage on the PC.

I really dislike Android on phones but curious to see if the browser is as clunky...

Are you saying Android is clunky on phones or this browser, or chrome, or what?

If it doesn't sync with my Chrome settings/bookmarks I'm not interested.

I really dislike Android on phones but curious to see if the browser is as clunky...

Go troll or cry to your Apple peeps.

Tried it, not impressed. I'm sticking with HTC Sense's stock browser - it's very fast and works well enough.

Yeah Go SMS is pretty bloated, I have it set to just run on Lite mode and have gone through the getjar apps to get rid of the text messages telling me that there is a new theme out. Took about 20 minutes of my time to get enough credits for 6 months of silence! Not checked Handcent for a while but prefered the customisation of GoSMS.

I totally got rid of GO SMS and went back to Cyanogenmod's default SMS app as it already has the SMS popup which is what I wanted.

Never used GO SMS. Have used Handcent since I got my phone 2 years ago. Used it on Froyo, GB, and now JB it's simple, I like the notifications that come up (the quick reply), and it's very light.

For me Chrome is the best browser simply because it syncs bookmarks, history, passwords, addresses, bank details over to my phone and tablet.

Never used GO SMS. Have used Handcent since I got my phone 2 years ago. Used it on Froyo, GB, and now JB it's simple, I like the notifications that come up (the quick reply), and it's very light.

GoSMS has popup notifications (quick reply) too, and it's much MUCH faster than Handcent on every Android phone I've used. Don't get me wrong, Handcent is good, but when you have thousands of messages in a few threads, it's just a lot slower than GoSMS. Both have very similar customization options (it's kinda scary).

While the GO Apps can be good, they usually end up bloated with soo much crap.

Only GO app I like is GO Contacts. It's their only non-bloated app.

But you like Android on PC's and game consoles and VCR's and other electronics..right?

^ May have to give it a try. Been using Handcent forever.

Yep, me too - I used Handcent for a good 2 years. I had to find an alternative though - I'm a heavy texter, and one thread in particular (30k+ msgs) takes a while to load. Few of my other threads have 5k+ msgs, and I just have a habit of keeping messages. I should just backup/delete the thread and start over :/ If you don't have a lot of messages/threads, Handcent is still a great messaging app. If you do download GoSMS (or any other messaging app.) make sure you set up your notifications right, otherwise you'll have 2 messaging apps alerting you of an incoming message (or just uninstall your old messaging app.)

I'll give this one a shot, I'm always trying out new browsers, but I just haven't found one that matches Chrome in reliability, features, and speed.

Ever since I got my One X last week, I've been using Firefox Beta on my phone. It's running really well, so I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon. On my tablet, I switch between the AOSP browser and Firefox.