woodbridge security police officer id check lost customer

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,862 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 21:53

A Virginia man shopping at a local Walmart got more than he bargained for when he was suspected of kidnapping his own daughters, :huh: WTTG Fox 5 reports.

Joseph, who doesn’t want his family’s last name revealed, told the station that he was met at home by a local police officer tipped off by Walmart security and asked about his children because they are biracial.

Joseph, who is white, and his wife, Keana, who is black, have been married for 10 years and have three daughters – a 4-year-old and 2-year-old twins.

During a recent trip to a Woodbridge Walmart with his three girls, Joseph tells the station that while he wasn’t there long, but did spend a few extra minutes in the parking lot taking time to buckle the girls into their seats.

According to WTTG, Joseph then drove to pick up Keana, and as they arrived home, a police officer from Prince William County was waiting for them.

"He asks us very sincerely, ‘Hey, I was sent here by Walmart security. I just need to make sure that the children that you have are your own,’” Joseph said.

"I was dumbfounded," Keana told the station. "I sat there for a minute and I thought, ‘Did he just ask us if these were our kids knowing what we went through to have our children?’

"He took my ID and asked my 4-year-old to point out who her mother and father were."

Joseph said the officer told them a Walmart security guard reported seeing him in the parking lot with the girls and thought it was strange.

Keana later called Walmart demanding an explanation. She told WTTG that after asking to speak with a manager, she was transferred to a Walmart security officer, who denied alerting the police. The officer said it was a customer who came forward.

Joseph and Keana don’t plan to shop at Walmart again.

source

#2 jwjw1

jwjw1

Neowinian

• 4,433 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 21:56

damned if you do....and damned if you don't

#3 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,253 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 21:59

excellent for them. Walmart here's the problem with your story;

"He asks us very sincerely, ‘Hey, I was sent here by Walmart security. I just need to make sure that the children that you have are your own,’” Joseph said.

then what Keana got told

Keana later called Walmart demanding an explanation. She told WTTG that after asking to speak with a manager, she was transferred to a Walmart security officer, who denied alerting the police. The officer said it was a customer who came forward.

the proper response;

Joseph and Keana don’t plan to shop at Walmart again.

#4 Snake89

Snake89

Neowinian

• 767 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:09

the weird of part of this, how did the police know who they were in such a very short period of time.

#5 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,253 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:14

probably got his plate numbers.

#6 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,862 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:17

Wal-Mart is getting entirely too nosy and controlling.

Their only purpose is to sell goods and services --not police the customers personal lives.

Some manager heads need to roll.

#7 Deleted Bye

Deleted Bye

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:18

the guy should be happy someone cares enough to report something of this nature. And WalMart didn't call, it was a security guard, he has a name. Walmart had nothing to do with this.

#8 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,253 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:22

the guy should be happy someone cares enough to report something of this nature. And WalMart didn't call, it was a security guard, he has a name. Walmart had nothing to do with this.

the only reason why I disagree is because I too worked in a retail store as in house security. Walmart security is all in house security hired by Walmart and look out for Walmart interests.

#9 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,915 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:29

the only reason why I disagree is because I too worked in a retail store as in house security. Walmart security is all in house security hired by Walmart and look out for Walmart interests.

I'm betting one of their "interests" is not letting kids get kidnapped while on their property. If you think its not altruistic that's fine, but that doesn't make it wrong of them. People always wonder why people sit by and don't do anything when they see a crime or potential crime. This guy did something and now people are saying he shouldn't have. That's nonsense.

#10 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

• 7,097 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:40

And if they actually had been kidnapped, the title of the news story would have been "Walmart Security Officer thwarts Virginia Kidnapper, Hailed as a Hero"

#11 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,253 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:50

I'm betting one of their "interests" is not letting kids get kidnapped while on their property. If you think its not altruistic that's fine, but that doesn't make it wrong of them. People always wonder why people sit by and don't do anything when they see a crime or potential crime. This guy did something and now people are saying he shouldn't have. That's nonsense.

ok they saw him on video obviously.when he arrived till when he left. if they can see he arrived WITH the kids.. what's their problem then?

#12 XerXis

XerXis

Neowinian Senior

• 5,078 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:53

what nature would that be?

#13 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,915 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:55

ok they saw him on video obviously.when he arrived till when he left. if they can see he arrived WITH the kids.. what's their problem then?

Its not obvious at all that they saw him on video. It sounds more like they were seen by someone, not on video. Even if they did, it'd be stupid to take the time to try to find when they arrived with the kids to check it out before calling the police about it. There's not usually a lot of time to spare in kidnapping situations.

What damage is really done here. The family is overreacting, as are others.

#14 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,767 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:55

Maybe there was a biracial kid who was kidnapped recently? WalMart does have an amber alert list in all their stores and someone or the guard decided to call it in?

#15 Deleted Bye

Deleted Bye

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:58

I am shocked and not sure how you could not see what this story was about. It was about the possibility of kidnapping.

During his shift, had the security guard had to go take a #2 and used a whole roll of triple ply paper, would you also say Walmart is responsible for his exceedingly extreme wastefulness? Workers have opinions, right or wrong, and they exercise them as so. He did just that in this case and it was his call, not Walmart's.