woodbridge security police officer id check lost customer

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,276 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:56

You can call it racial profiling but better safe then sorry these days. We read about crazy **** everyday going on in this world so people need to keep their heads up. If I had to rate any public place where I thought some crazy whacked out **** might happen, Wal-Mart would be my #1 selection. I go there every week to grocery shop and I see some of the craziest, whacked out people, and that's just the employee's. :)

what you call, "better safe then sorry" turns into overreach. it is the same as "shoot first, ask questions later" mindedness. We try to objectively seem like we are doing something for the greater good but end up running things aground like a ship. Reality is, when you assume anything, be prepared to suffer the consequence of what will happen in this case.

#32 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,931 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:26

”Bi-racial" WTF!?

#33 c.grz

c.grz

Neowinian

• 1,229 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:04

what you call, "better safe then sorry" turns into overreach. it is the same as "shoot first, ask questions later" mindedness. We try to objectively seem like we are doing something for the greater good but end up running things aground like a ship. Reality is, when you assume anything, be prepared to suffer the consequence of what will happen in this case.

So you'd rather have people mind their own business when they think something isn't right?

#34 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,276 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:27

to a point yes. do we always assume white males with black kids are criminals? I can see how this is a touchy, sticky point however. At any rate, do we assume everyone is a criminal then?

alot of cities, counties can't even field enough police to help us anymore

#35 Deleted Bye

Deleted Bye

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:45

to a point yes.

who draws this imaginary "point"? how far is too far? how far is not enough? If its up to individual discretion (much like what i am assuming you are suggesting) then wouldn't this be in accordence to that very piont? The security guard deemed it (wrongly) that it was enough to call police. Should a person call a "up to a point hotline" and ask for advice before making a judgement call?

#36 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,971 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:23

The first thing I do after I kidnap some children, is take them to a public place. It's SOP.

yea, but the walmart's security doesn't educated enough.

#37 Coagulated

Coagulated

Neowinian

• 479 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:59

I'm white with blonde hair, my girlfriend is white with red hair - if we were to have kids, there's a good possibility we'd have a few red heads. Would the same call have been made if hair colour was the difference and not skin?

#38 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,692 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:04

call it a "gut" feeling... sue me.

I would say your gut feeling is off since you didnt say anything remotely racist. I also never mentioned racism....just ignorance on whoever called the cops or complained.

#39 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,935 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 14:56

”Bi-racial" WTF!?

We jokingly say 'oreo' around here -- but some overly sensitive people take offense. :laugh:

#40 jwjw1

jwjw1

Neowinian

• 4,435 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 15:07

I bet Amanda Berry was hoping for some of that Walmart Security scrutiny when castro was out parading her 6 yr old daughter in the park.

#41 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,931 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 00:16

We jokingly say 'oreo' around here -- but some overly sensitive people take offense. :laugh:

That's kinda cute, I suppose. :)