No, but it's overall better for life expectancy to treat all strangers talking to Children at random as malicious.

Yes, it's terrible we need to do that.

Well I'm glad you are willing to give up your freedom for some knee-jerk reaction.

1) The fact that as a male I can't be chatty with anyone bothers me.

2) The fact that as a male I can't watch a school soccer game without being called a perv also bothers me.

Nonsense. I'm a male, I can watch a school soccer game no problem. There'll be dozens of dads doing the same thing, too. I can chat to them just fine, as well

3) The fact that people can't handle out any documentation that is religious also bothers me.

Society is going to a place where I really don't need or want to go. Nobody over hundreds of years had a problem with any of this.

Your rights to hand out that stuff ends at the other persons right not to be bothered by people handing out stuff. The only viable solution is stand around with your leaflets and let THEM approach YOU.

fine line between freedom of speech and harassment

I wouldn't say it is that fine. If oyu offer a phamplet to someone and they decline, you move on. You don't demand to know why, or follow them, or insult them. That isn't protected in any way.

2) The fact that as a male I can't watch a school soccer game without being called a perv also bothers me.

3) The fact that people can't handle out any documentation that is religious also bothers me.

Society is going to a place where I really don't need or want to go. Nobody over hundreds of years had a problem with any of this.

1 - You can be chatty, but you can't blame parents for being cautious about strange adults talking to small children. I agree it isn't fair, but it is the world we live in. And when it comes to the safety of children, erring on the side of caution is the least we should do

2 - I doubt it's that you can't watch a game, some people might be suspicious, and again, it isn't fair but ti is the world we live in.

3 - People can distribute pamphlets all they please, you can't harass people while doing so. When religious people offer me a pamphlet, I simply smile and say "No thank you" and keep walking.

I really doubt he was harassing people. More like someone was an Atheist and didn't like it.

That is how it works now, want your religious freedom, you have to ask an Atheist to see if they will grant it. If you don't get your freedom granted, then you are out of luck.

Complete speculation. It could have been a Christian who complained, maybe it was a Jew, a Hindu, or a Muslim. You're just jumping at the opportunity to malign atheists.

I feel harassed every time I go into my local Walmart, and I can't get in without being asked to buy something or to support something. Just be available and if people are interested they will approach you.

And I hate those greeters, always pushing a cart at you. :crazy:

"psst ... hey kid ... Jesus is in my van, and he's got some candy ..."

Right because every adult is a pedo, and every adult talking to a kid is a pedo.

I posted that purely out of humor, taking people's fears to the extreme.

I agree completely that there is nothing wrong with adults talking to younger people -- they are also human beings. ;)

1) I dont shut the hell up... people either stand there and talk to me or run away cause I appear intimidating .... nothing to do with my (enormous) penis.

2) are your kids playing? are you a soccer scout? a teacher of said kids? if not then yes its weird please stop.

3) if I want to know more about a mythical creature farting pixie dust and making babies, il read fan fiction on the internet.

There needs to be more detail, but I'm inclined to agree with him. So long as he wasn't harassing people there shouldn't be an issue. Likewise, I would not expect him to argue if I were to stand there and discuss my atheist beliefs with people passing by.

It's all about how he handled himself. Was he following people around saying, "Children, believe in Christianity if you want redemption!" or was he asking children, "did you know of this guy years ago called Jesus Christ? He was pretty cool"? One is definitely harassment, the other is an opening for a discussion that people can choose to participate in or not. At least, that's how I see it.

There needs to be more detail, but I'm inclined to agree with him. So long as he wasn't harassing people there shouldn't be an issue. Likewise, I would not expect him to argue if I were to stand there and discuss my atheist beliefs with people passing by.

It's all about how he handled himself. Was he following people around saying, "Children, believe in Christianity if you want redemption!" or was he asking children, "did you know of this guy years ago called Jesus Christ? He was pretty cool"? One is definitely harassment, the other is an opening for a discussion that people can choose to participate in or not. At least, that's how I see it.

I believe he has a case here. It has nothing to do with his message. This is just like the westboro Baptist church. They have won in court saying their protests are legal. If he was on public land and they arrested him it was illegal.

He left after repeated requests and was not arrested, but Banther vowed to return the next day. He then contacted the media and informed a reporter for WTVC-TV that he did just as promised, returning on Saturday night to find that he was not hassled at all.

I believe he has a case here. It has nothing to do with his message. This is just like the westboro Baptist church. They have won in court saying their protests are legal. If he was on public land and they arrested him it was illegal.

Did you read the article? He needed permission to be there that particular day, and was asked to leave, then refused. But no, he's the good guy obviously.

2) are your kids playing? are you a soccer scout? a teacher of said kids? if not then yes its weird please stop.

Bull. It's no more weird than watching adults play. Some people just like to watch a game.

Bull. It's no more weird than watching adults play. Some people just like to watch a game.

it is weird :/ its a bit different if the kids are like high school level where they have skill and create an exciting match but at the age range of like 13 and younger there is no reason to watch? its just kids falling over? women and men .. unless your kid is involved sure its cute for 5 seconds but it is creepy IMO.

I just hate the fact that we have this so called freedom, so to me that means if I dont want to hear it or see it then I dont.. Why is it that a lot of Christians think they are above others and can always talk about Jesus or Christianity?? Why cant I learn school material (such as history) that doesnt reference Jesus.. If I had freedom why is it always around me and im forced to hear or see it?

If I went around ranting about the devil or muhammad, people would get mad or upset..

This guy clearly is an idiot and thinks he is above, when there are laws that he must follow.

I for one am glad I don't live in a place where people like you have the right to harass me in order to try and push your delusional beliefs down my throat.

Get the hell over yourselves already. The US constitution grants the freedom to believe whatever crap you want, not the freedom to try and force it upon everyone else.

I for one am glad I don't live in a place where people like you have the right to harass me in order to try and push your delusional beliefs down my throat.

Get the hell over yourselves already. The US constitution grants the freedom to believe whatever crap you want, not the freedom to try and force it upon everyone else.

Yeah, but you are still in trouble because we can use the Internet for that. doh!

Here is the thing you need to understand, very few people are actually bothered by harassment for those passing on the good news. When you die you are going to be really sad you didn't accept it. Your bad.

Nobody is forcing anything on anyone. The fact that you don't understand that means you don't live in reality when it comes to understanding people with faith. That isn't my fault or anyone else's fault. That is your own fault for not being well balanced.

The UK really has no understanding about the USA, they think everyone is bothering everyone about faith, fat and has and everyone has a gun fetish. You couldn't be more wrong about that.

I could be ignorant and say everyone in the UK has bad teeth and we know that isn't reality. You need to travel a bit and understand the real world, not just what you watch in the movies or on the Telly.

it is weird :/ its a bit different if the kids are like high school level where they have skill and create an exciting match but at the age range of like 13 and younger there is no reason to watch? its just kids falling over? women and men .. unless your kid is involved sure its cute for 5 seconds but it is creepy IMO.

This is why I can't stand society, you think that I am watching the kids because of other reasons other than see what happens in the game? Be for real!

The fact that you think that is weird is more creepy to me.

Here is a pro-tip, not everyone who watches a school soccer game is interested in doing anything physical with kids.

I was walking somewhere and I pass a school which was playing soccer and the fact that I have to turn my head so people like you don't get the wrong idea is absolutely disgusting. I actually feel guilty of doing nothing wrong because it's a crime now all around the world.

I am personally tired of pandering to people like you who must be guilty in some way themselves. This is yet another issue that wasn't a problem years and years ago.

When you die you are going to be really sad you didn't accept it. Your bad.

That was rather inappropriate.

This is yet another issue that wasn't a problem years and years ago.

So because people lacked awareness of this issue "years and years ago" it didn't exist? Society starts to acknowledge that there *is* a problem and you take issue with that? Seems to me that you need to take your issue up with the people perpetrating these acts, instead of ranting about society going wrong and protecting their children from potential harm.

Nobody is forcing anything on anyone. The fact that you don't understand that means you don't live in reality when it comes to understanding people with faith. That isn't my fault or anyone else's fault. That is your own fault for not being well balanced.

Threats and insults again, huh? Aah, good old Yoggy. You never fail to provide. :p

The UK really has no understanding about the USA, they think everyone is bothering everyone about faith, fat and has and everyone has a gun fetish. You couldn't be more wrong about that.

I could be ignorant and say everyone in the UK has bad teeth and we know that isn't reality. You need to travel a bit and understand the real world, not just what you watch in the movies or on the Telly.

The UK is a country and therefore no, it can't understand the USA. English people, on the other hand, generally have a fairly good understanding of the American people.

Threats and insults again, huh? Aah, good old Yoggy. You never fail to provide. :p

I didn't threaten anyone. Just told him based on current evidence of what his future is going to be like.

The UK is a country and therefore no, it can't understand the USA. English people, on the other hand, generally have a fairly good understanding of the American people.

Well, based on the garbage on neowin, I would say that would be incorrect. The UK is a country filled with and represented by people.

Yeah, but you are still in trouble because we can use the Internet for that. doh!

Here is the thing you need to understand, very few people are actually bothered by harassment for those passing on the good news. When you die you are going to be really sad you didn't accept it. Your bad.

The very fact that people of faith feel the need to stand in public places and spout faith, make signs, hand out leaflets and threaten people that they wont get into heaven unless they submit contradicts everything you just said.

I kind of wish there was an afterlife so I could see how "really sad" you get when you realise it was all a lie.

The very fact that people of faith feel the need to stand in public places and spout faith, make signs, hand out leaflets and threaten people that they wont get into heaven unless they submit contradicts everything you just said.

I kind of wish there was an afterlife so I could see how "really sad" you get when you realise it was all a lie.

The entire thing about threaten people just doesn't make sense. It isn't about trying to threaten people at all.

It's about trying to tell you that Jesus died for you and what he did for you. It has nothing to do about doing anything to anyone.

That is a lot of spin. You UK guys spin things into something they are not intended for.

People read things about love and try to spin it into hate. You guys really spin too much instead of just taking it as it is and not how you want things to be. You read way too much into things and you are beyond healthy skepticism into full on cynicism.

Sometimes in life things really are that simple. I know it's hard to believe in Love because it might be a little positive.

The entire thing about threaten people just doesn't make sense. It isn't about trying to threaten people at all.

It's about trying to tell you that Jesus died for you and what he did for you. It has nothing to do about doing anything to anyone.

That is a lot of spin. You UK guys spin things into something they are not intended for.

People read things about love and try to spin it into hate. You guys really spin too much instead of just taking it as it is and not how you want things to be. You read way too much into things and you are beyond healthy skepticism into full on cynicism.

Sometimes in life things really are that simple. I know it's hard to believe in Love because it might be a little positive.

To me that is a threat, if I don't bow down to your man in the sky I am going to regret that I didn't....

The very fact you have scripture in your signature is proof that people of faith are trying to force it on other people, if I wanted to read it I would read the bible not an internet forum.

*Sigh* Let's remember that this story is about a man threatening to sue because he believes his freedom of speech was violated. He could have been advocating a banana's right to live for all it matters, take the religious discussions to the Official Religion Thread.

• Like 2