'Melissa & Joey' renewed by ABC Family

melissa-joey-renewed-by-abc-family1.jpg

ABC Family has decided that Melissa & Joey deserve the chance to celebrate their 100th anniversary.

The network has renewed the program for a fourth season, during which it will pass into triple digits. which will see it pass the milestone has found its first 100-episode comedy in Melissa & Joey.

The show stars '90s sitcom stars Melissa Joan Hart as a politician named Mel Burke and Joey Lawrence as the Joe Longo, who Burke hires to look after her niece and nephew.

"One-hundred episodes is a great accomplishment for any series, and we are thrilled to give Melissa & Joey the opportunity to achieve this milestone, as they?ve delivered hundreds and hundreds of laughs over the seasons,? said Kate Juergens, ABC Family executive vice president of programming and development.

Already ABC Family extended the third season by 20 episodes to 36 total. That season is scheduled to premiere tomorrow night at 8 p.m., followed directly by Baby Daddy.

Melissa & Joey is executive produced by Paula Hart, Melissa Joan Hart, Lawrence, Bob Young and David Kendall.

The program landed the highest debut comedy rating ever at ABC Family.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/6913/melissa-joey-renewed-by-abc-family

Was the most boring thing I ever watched on TV. Forced gags and hardly anything worth grinning.

This is what i hate about TV sometimes. Good shows get cancelled for no good reason and shows that's not worth watching being renewed.

I like the show. Yes, a lot of the jokes are force but it's entertaining. Reminds me of the early 90s sitcom.

This is what i hate about TV sometimes. Good shows get cancelled for no good reason and shows that's not worth watching being renewed.

Must be hard living in your world knowing that there is something others like that you hate.

Must be hard living in your world knowing that there is something others like that you hate.

It has nothing to do with me personally. I'm speaking in general. There are a lot of shows that many people think were good and were cancelled and on the other side there are a lot of shows that people think they are not so good but they are renewed.

Absolutely.

We all live in a hard world. :)

Melissa Joan Hart would still get it :p but seriously this show is still going :rofl:

It didnt, it was over a year ago and only now renewed for some reason :D

I remember her from Sabrina... It was so long ago. She is 37 now :woot:

Wow she's got old but wearing well :D

And shows like Happy Endings and the B* In Apartment 23 get the ax..... Goes to show these executives of programming don't know what they are doing.

And shows like Happy Endings and the B* In Apartment 23 get the ax..... Goes to show these executives of programming don't know what they are doing.

Yeah 2 sad axes from this year, I think Apartment 23 was to clever for the network it was on

I will never understand the reasons for cancelling some shows and renewing others.

Rappy i think you need to take over the whole system and you will decide what get's renewed and what not :D

I will never understand the reasons for cancelling some shows and renewing others.

Rappy i think you need to take over the whole system and you will decide what get's renewed and what not :D

Oh dear lord no, I would bring stuff back...Heroes! :shifty: or a better final season of Lost :shifty:

Oh dear lord no, I would bring stuff back...Heroes! :shifty: or a better final season of Lost :shifty:

Nothing wrong with that. And if you get the job please please bring back The Unit... I'll buy you a lot of BEER if you do :D

Melissa & Joey?like Anger Management?is a formulaic sitcom that doesn't break the mould but is well-executed and entertaining. Certainly it is strong enough to warrant being renewed, though it's not up there with the likes of Community, The Big Bang Theory or Parks And Recreation.

One of the main things that people are overlooking is the production costs involved. Melissa & Joey attracts a consistent audience of about 1-1.5 million but has a small cast and is evidently economically viable; Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 launched with 7 million viewers but that rapidly dropped to 1.8m, while the larger cast made is more expensive to produce. It's basically a numbers game.

Melissa & Joey?like Anger Management?is a formulaic sitcom that doesn't break the mould but is well-executed and entertaining. Certainly it is strong enough to warrant being renewed, though it's not up there with the likes of Community, The Big Bang Theory or Parks And Recreation.

One of the main things that people are overlooking is the production costs involved. Melissa & Joey attracts a consistent audience of about 1-1.5 million but has a small cast and is evidently economically viable; Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 launched with 7 million viewers but that rapidly dropped to 1.8m, while the larger cast made is more expensive to produce. It's basically a numbers game.

I do agree its a numbers game but part of the problem with broadcast networks is that people are no longer glued to the TV at air time. When viewer find a show they like after initially watching it at air time either gets DVR'd or streamed to view at a later date, those numbers are ignored which causes good shows get canned with the perception of low viewership.

There a few shows I like that gets recorded for the entire season and watch in-bulk. Plus I get SO tired of a new show one week repeats for the next few weeks then a new and than repeat the pattern. Then they wonder why ratings are low.

I don't see why they cannot start the TV season in January and run non-stop till the end of the season.