opera

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 31 May 2013 - 13:23

Tried Opera Next and immediately dumped it once I realized they're once again going with their own custom interface rather than using OS X default. Too bad.

#17 Jose_49

Jose_49

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 31 May 2013 - 13:30

It's faster than the current Opera. +1 For that!

Unfortunately, the main features are missing: Thumbnail tabs, panels (and its contents), speed dial customization, etc....

It's holding me from using it.

#18 PreKe

PreKe

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 May 2013 - 16:55

Tried Opera Next and immediately dumped it once I realized they're once again going with their own custom interface rather than using OS X default. Too bad.

The UI is supposed to be native. How is it different from "OS X default"?

#19 iwod

iwod

Neowinian

Posted 09 June 2013 - 15:24

No Tabs Overflow. So i stopped using it.

#20 Mike

Mike

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 June 2013 - 15:33

I won't be using it until they re-implement at least bookmarks, private tabs, tab stacking and the custom event listeners for extensions. May even wait until they sort out other things like selecting text thats part of a link or double clicking the to right of tabs opens a new one instead of just un-maximising the window.

#21 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Android

Posted 09 June 2013 - 15:59

It's Opera, always has been a horrible browser, even if it's just a reskinned version of Chrome

#22 PC EliTiST

PC EliTiST

Neowinian

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:37

It's Opera, always has been a horrible browser, even if it's just a reskinned version of Chrome

Indeed... They took Chrome and they managed to make it even worse, lol...

#23 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:34

How do you manually update this thing? It does not have Chrome's autoupdate (checked the Task Scheduler, etc.), nothing. No option on the settings as well or maybe I'm just missing it.

#24 Buendia

Buendia

Neowinian

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:37

How do you manually update this thing? It does not have Chrome's autoupdate (checked the Task Scheduler, etc.), nothing. No option on the settings as well or maybe I'm just missing it.

It automatically updates itself, no user intervention needed. I haven't been to able to find any options regarding updating like the ability to turn off auto-update, but it happens automatically though.

#25 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

Posted 07 July 2013 - 13:00

I like it. It's a hell of a lot better than any other version of Opera :woot:

So basically, you like using half baked, dumbed down, uncustomisable junk that is totally unsuitable for desktops.

#26 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 07 July 2013 - 13:33

So basically, you like using half baked, dumbed down, uncustomisable junk that is totally unsuitable for desktops.

No, but I love trolls.

Anyway it was crashy and spotty on performance so I went back to Chrome.

#27 Northgrove

Northgrove

Philosophizing Developer

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 07 July 2013 - 13:49

Opera Next is still very much a preview release. They have many major features not implemented, although I must say that Opera is doing a so-so job in informing this. The first time I saw their forthcoming return of a Linux version was for example in a blog post comment reply...

#28 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:07

its in alpha form, jeez, can you form any more of a stupid opinion? Get informed huh, really do yourself a favour.

#29 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:10

No, but I love trolls.

Anyway it was crashy and spotty on performance so I went back to Chrome.

Which confirms that you do like using uncustomisable browsers too dumbed down to be suitable for desktop use.

#30 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:17

its in alpha form, jeez, can you form any more of a stupid opinion? Get informed huh, really do yourself a favour.

I am well aware it's in an incomplete pre-beta form at the moment. I was merely commenting that someone prefers a half

baked dumbed down browser to one that is full featured and customisable. No-one with any common sense could ever

prefer the way the new Chromium based version of Opera is currently setup compared with the classic Opera.

Even if the new Opera is an incomplete pre-beta form, they still released it as though it's a complete finalised product.

Nowhere on Opera's website do they give any impression that Opera 15 is really an incomplete, pre-beta product.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!