• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Zeikku

Zeikku

Neowinian

Posted 29 May 2013 - 22:57

Almost all PS4 games will be compatible with the PlayStation Vita
by Jake Durasamy

In February during the PlayStation conference, Gaikai's David Perry announced that the PS Vita would become the PlayStation 4's "ultimate companion device" and he wasn’t lying. Sony president Shuhei Yoshida had this to say regarding the remote play features between the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita.

Whether consumers blame the games or not, we know that PlayStation Vita sales haven’t been the best, even if the recent price cut resulted in a slight boost in sales for Japan, but hopefully a feature such as the ability to play high-end PlayStation 4 games on the Vita encourages players to buy Sony’s “ultimate companion device.”

Sony seems to be doing well with offering a solid amount of game-orientated features for the PS4 and PS Vita that consumers have actually taken a liking to; if only Sony launches an even more diverse line-up of first-party exclusives it may take the lead in next generation gaming dominance for console owners.

Source: Shuhei Yoshida

#2 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 29 May 2013 - 23:25

Sony still doesn't get it. One of the main reasons Vita isn't selling is because nobody wants to play console games on a small screen away from home. The idea of the ipad / iphone is that you can play games quickly and just for a little bit of fun and that is all.

Console games are usually story driven or more complicated in nature and less likely to be a cheap throw-away game that is just pick up and play.

#3 VincentM

VincentM

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy SII rooted

Posted 29 May 2013 - 23:26

Sony still doesn't get it. One of the main reasons Vita isn't selling is because nobody wants to play console games on a small screen away from home. The idea of the ipad / iphone is that you can play games quickly and just for a little bit of fun and that is all.

Console games are usually story driven or more complicated in nature and less likely to be a cheap throw-away game that is just pick up and play.

Speak for yourself, i love the Vita and have a PSP slim too

#4 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 17
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 29 May 2013 - 23:27

speak for yourself. the ONLY reason the Vita isn't selling well is due to the small selection of games.

if this ends up being true i can bet you that the Vita will start selling a lot more once the PS4 is out

#5 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 29 May 2013 - 23:33

Being able to play a PS4 game on the Vita because someone else is watching the TV sounds pretty useful to me.

#6 gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm

Neowinian

Posted 29 May 2013 - 23:35

So basically if this is true you could actually rename the Vita to PS4 Junior :)

Hard to believe you could play games with amazing graphics in your hands.

#7 ZeroHour

ZeroHour

Neowinian

Posted 29 May 2013 - 23:36

Wow! not often can I say Sony made a smart move but damn thats great if its true. I prefer xbox 360 to ps3 in all honesty but this really changes the possibilities with ps4.
Now if sony comes along and makes a ps phone compat with all they could do very well even though strictly speaking you *could* only get streamed pictures limited by your own net upload rate but the idea is brilliant.
Well played Sony, well played (presuming its as good as it sounds)

#8 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 22
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 29 May 2013 - 23:41

Moved to Sony Console

#9 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

Posted 29 May 2013 - 23:59

Being able to play a PS4 game on the Vita because someone else is watching the TV sounds pretty useful to me.

Not really, because you could just use what Sony is doing with the iPad and Android tablets to do the same thing, just with a bigger screen. If you want a game-pad just reuse your PS4 pad with the tablet and call it a day.

#10 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 30 May 2013 - 00:02

speak for yourself. the ONLY reason the Vita isn't selling well is due to the small selection of games.

if this ends up being true i can bet you that the Vita will start selling a lot more once the PS4 is out

I don't think this feature will make a significant increase in vita sales cause lets face it.... Who's really going to drop potentially $500 for a console(+ more $ for games), then drop another $250 on a handheld just to be able to play their console games off their tv?

#11 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 30 May 2013 - 00:03

Not really, because you could just use what Sony is doing with the iPad and Android tablets to do the same thing, just with a bigger screen. If you want a game-pad just reuse your PS4 pad with the tablet and call it a day.

Because everyone owns a tablet.

#12 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 17
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 30 May 2013 - 00:47

I don't think this feature will make a significant increase in vita sales cause lets face it.... Who's really going to drop potentially $500 for a console(+ more $ for games), then drop another $250 on a handheld just to be able to play their console games off their tv?

the same kind of people who would pay and extra $150 for the connect (and lets be honest, if people are willing to pay that much for a stationary camera i think they'll be willing to pay a little more to be able to play their game collection away from the main screen)

#13 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:08

Because everyone owns a tablet.

More people own a tablet than Vita and for a good reason. There are even more Microsoft tablets sold than the PS Vita and that is saying something.

#14 Elessar

Elessar

Professional Daydreamer

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:10

More people own a tablet than Vita and for a good reason. There are even more Microsoft tablets sold than the PS Vita and that is saying something.

That may be true (sales figures), but having dedicated physical controls, as a gamer, will always trump touch-only.

#15 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:50

That may be true (sales figures), but having dedicated physical controls, as a gamer, will always trump touch-only.

I agree, but you can still have physical controls.