Note Application Keeps Opening Every 4 Seconds

I was uninstalling some apps (Twonky, Playback, Twitter) on my OSX and now the Notes application keeps opening every 5 seconds. I can close out of it and it'll open automatically or I can just leave it open and it will force itself on top of all my other applications. Any way I can make this stop?

Have you tried restarting your Mac?

Yes. Restarted, ran CleanMyMac / CCleaner to see if any files were left behind that were opening it. Nothing.

Do you have an app or script running that tries to access Notes? Maybe a widget (Geektool or otherwise), syncing service, etc. I'd go over that first. Try disabling iCloud (if enabled) or other cloud solutions in System Preferences > Mail, Contacts & Calendars. See if that fixes something or what happens when you turn it back on again.

• 1 month later...

Do a search for Twonky "on this mac" a file will pop up that says something like clean twonky server. Just trash that file and BINGO notes will stop opening! This was the most annoying thing to have to deal with today and I couldn't find an answer anywhere I happened upon that stupid file and fixed it myself so I figured I should probably share because junk like that will just ruin your day LOL 

• 6 months later...