Just completed the game myself and i agree with polygon's score. It a great game but not a masterpiece.

Some of it is outstanding but the limited varies of landscapes makes it all look the same or reused in many areas. Also lack of challenging puzzles (if there was any) make it an extremely simple game.

But story was superb and keeps you hooked until the end. Graphics are very impressive and combat is so much better than uncharted.

Only just started playing this. First impressions are good. Emotional but not mind blowing.

Damn I unfortunately can CONFIRM this bug exists...

http://kotaku.com/an...e-gli-513409330

It is in regards to the Auto Save. It does not work until you reboot the game, which actually will reboot your whole console.

Truly, truly unfortunate, as I had tweeted this...

Holy ****. The Last of Us's controllable opening sequence is the single best sequence I've ever seen in the history of video games. Wow.

And I absolutely meant it. Just unreal how good the opening cut scene yet you control it sequence is. The best opening in my own personal video game playing history.

Info about the auto save bug...

A number of threads, posts and tweets around the web indicate that some players are having trouble saving in Naughty Dog's latest game, The Last of Us. If the glitch kicks in, then the game tries to autosave but can never complete the task, resulting in lost progress. While not everyone experiences the glitch (no one at Kotaku has encountered it), Sony says that there's an easy fix.

This is what Sony had to say:

Some players may have been encountering an issue with The Last of Us which affected the autosave feature, which can result in a loss of progress in the single-player campaign. The team at Naughty Dog has been diligently investigating as soon as we heard from our community, and we have determined the cause to be on servers for The Last of Us which were capturing player statistics. We have made a change to ours to address this issue.
All players should quit any game in progress out to the XMB and restart The Last of Us. All players can now enjoy single-player and online multiplayer matches as normal.

And there you have it. Did you encounter this problem? Did Sony's solution work for you? Let us know in the comments.

I lost about an hour myself. Shame such a stupid little bug had to pop up. My + money on the PS4 better be put to good use to avoid things like this. Ahhh Sony.

Yeah, unfortunately it wasn't downloadable until 3am EDT, and I wasn't up that late. It was at 42% when I had to leave this morning for work. Ugh.....

Yeah, unfortunately it wasn't downloadable until 3am EDT, and I wasn't up that late. It was at 42% when I had to leave this morning for work. Ugh.....

I am really curious to hear others impressions of the opening sequence to see if they also think it is as well done as I do. Just amazing how detailed and immersive it is.

I am really curious to hear others impressions of the opening sequence to see if they also think it is as well done as I do. Just amazing how detailed and immersive it is.

Really liked it, sort of set up the story better than I thought they were going to. But that's about as far as I got, because I spent literally the whole evening in the multiplayer.

Does anyone know how long it takes to play out each of the MP "storylines"?

Currently about 14 hours into the game and have definitely been having a blast.  As some otheres mentioned, I really enjoyed the way they set the whole game up as I had no idea what to expect and honestly didn't expect much from the intro portion. 

I'm glad I held off on trying the demo or reading up too much about it as it's been an amazing experience so far.  Going to try to get it wrapped up in the next couple days as I have my sister coming down to visit and I'll be gone all of next week as well.  Yet to give the multiplayer a try but currently in no hurry to jump into that just yet.

I really liked that too. Really drew me into the situation.

I was really quite sad when his daughter died. :( Already felt quite attached to her at that point.

Wow that storyline!.

So i completed this yesterday, think i hit the 12hours mark so there's plenty of gameplay to be immersed in and that's exactly what till happen to you. The story is incredibly written and even within the first 10 minutes of playing you realize you're in for a good ride as it sets the mood perfectly.

I played this on Normal as my first run through and it's not that alll a walk in a park, The survivability factor is intense, it's one of those very few games where you're just nervously waiting for somebody to drop some ammo because what's ahead all your melee and crafted items just aren't going to cut it.

There's a few issues with cutscenes not triggering at the correct time thus flashing a blue/black screen but that's very brief, same goes for audio in some places. A good handful of subtitles aren't correct and i always have this setting on in every game so that got abit humorous.  There's a definite problem with collision/animation in certain areas when in cover as i spotted Ellie jumping into the 'T' pose but you really have to look for it.

Mechanics are solid and can't fault them, but that's what you should expect when it's just the Uncharted engine, if you've played Uncharted and enjoyed those controls then it's exactly the same in Last of Us.

What i really ejoyed though was the way it lead you on to predict what's going to happen next based on previous encounters and then totally jump boat.

Solid game, a few niggles here and there but easily one of my favorite games.

Wow, what a game. I bought into the hype and picked up a PS3 specifically to play this game and i've not been let down.

The opening is brilliant.

I am currently in the part where you are approaching the large bridge, and you have to find a way around the military type truck firing at you.  How far in is that?

I love how they have mixed up the enemies a bit, just when you are getting tired of fighting the infected they switch to having to fight humans and its a different style of fight so feels fresh.  I also love how Ellie is starting to mature and adapt and is now starting to become useful in fights.

Nothing in the game so far has felt samey or padded.  There's a million little touches here and there keeping it fresh as it goes along.

Definitely deserves the 10/10 reviews so far.

I am currently in the part where you are approaching the large bridge, and you have to find a way around the military type truck firing at you.  How far in is that?

While not having finished it completely, though I'm quite a bit further than this now, I'd say you're maybe approaching the halfway point of the game.  There's still a fair bit of gameplay to look forward there.

I'd say you're about half way through, it's a long game -14- hours is the average finish mark

the story in this game is simply amazing  i good friend of mine thats not a real big gamer ( no time )  was over the other day and seen the opening act and was blown away  i was too 

A+ game for sure  imho has set a new bar for other games in its gamestyle 

i was going to watch a playthrough, just because i dont have ps3 anymore,

but i might have to borrow ps3 just to play that game.

Just completed the game. Took me around 17:45 , great value for a game these days.

The game deserves every 10/10 it got, and then some. By far my favourite game i've played in a long, long time.

^ Pay attention to the road!!! :p

Cool. I think I will pick up a copy sometime this week.

Even though I dont own a PS3 anymore, I borrowed it from a friend, and bought the game for the full price.

for 10-20 minutes, its like a movie, not interaction, just video (some ppl here will be pleased to know that there are no QTE)

unexpected, and deep. 

i am looking forwards to completing it. 

Well that was ######ing amazing.

All previous games that held the distinction of "epic", have been demoted in my mind.