Got it, finally

Spoiler

#47 compl3x

compl3x

One day until retirement

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:20

^ Pay attention to the road!!! :p

Cool. I think I will pick up a copy sometime this week.

#48 OP soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 23 June 2013 - 17:00

lastofus21.jpg

#49 panacea

panacea

technical cannibal

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: nexus 5

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:41

Even though I dont own a PS3 anymore, I borrowed it from a friend, and bought the game for the full price.

for 10-20 minutes, its like a movie, not interaction, just video (some ppl here will be pleased to know that there are no QTE)

unexpected, and deep. 

i am looking forwards to completing it. 

#50 +D. FiB3R

D. FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Lumia 800

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:44

Well that was ####ing amazing.

All previous games that held the distinction of "epic", have been demoted in my mind.

#51 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 29 June 2013 - 16:39

This is pretty damn good. Seth Rogen playing the intro of The Last Of Us...

You can tell he wants to be funny as that is what he is known for, but the more he plays, the more he just pushes being funny to the side and enjoys it for what it is.

Have to say props to him as well for being an actual gamer. He instantly says how he has to switch to inverted controls, which he finally does about 8 minutes in, and notice how he does not have to look down to press triangle or square. All other so called gamer celebrities always have to look down at the controller. Jimmy Fallon I am looking at you.  :laugh:

#52 OP soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 29 June 2013 - 21:44

Starting my Survivor+ playthrough.  End of the prologue still ####s with me every time I watch it.

#53 Unrealistic

Unrealistic

Laughter is all we have.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 23:51

The ending was perfect.

#54 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 01 July 2013 - 00:12

I just started Uncharted 1 so it'll take me a while to grab this, but with everyone fawning over it I'll have to at some point.  :laugh:

#55 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:42

Completed it yesterday. Great story and some of the sequences were great (opening, leaving the university and the way they did the bus depot stage).

I must admit that i was terrible at the stealthing aspects and died quite a few times even on normal difficulty.

#56 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 04 July 2013 - 00:19

Finally beat the game an hour or so ago. Easily within the Top 3 games of this almost over console generation and in fact it probably is the best overall console exclusive I have played this generation. I also really loved the subject matter of the game and how they chose to handle it, which no doubt has a lot to do with why it was perhaps my favorite overall game this generation.

It pretty much is a classic from every angle. Graphics. Audio. Gameplay. Storyline. All as good as it gets.

It also has some incredibly good AI. Damn good. So pretty much the only criticism I have seen about people experiencing glitches is because of how damn good the AI is. With that said, I personally never experienced a single game ending glitch. I only had about 5 smaller glitches where I would hit an invisible wall for a second or glide a few in game feet into a specific position. Nothing that broke the immersion, but still did exist. It actually seems petty even mentioning the glitches though, as everything else is just that good.

Fantastic, fantastic game. It truly is.
It will win multiple GOTY awards, and rightfully so.
I have no doubt whatsoever that history will universally view The Last Of Us as the best PS3 exclusive, and there have been a few damn good games for the PS3 mind you. 

#57 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:21

Well said Larry, though the graphics were not as good as expected. But then this is the end of a generation so it's fine. Game looks good, but not better than Uncharted 3. Anyway, visuals were not the main point of it. Voice acting and writing are excellent, and gameplay is good. Too hard for me on normal, but set it to easy and it becomes fun  :)

#58 OP soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 05 July 2013 - 17:30

Well said Larry, though the graphics were not as good as expected. But then this is the end of a generation so it's fine. Game looks good, but not better than Uncharted 3. Anyway, visuals were not the main point of it. Voice acting and writing are excellent, and gameplay is good. Too hard for me on normal, but set it to easy and it becomes fun  :)

Set it to survivor.

Need wraps for medpacks or molotovs?

KgL2jzI.gif

#59 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:14

I was going to buy a PS3 just to play this, but the super slim prices have actually gone up. Guess I'll have to wait until the PS4 is actually released to get a deal.

#60 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 11 July 2013 - 21:50

Getting my copy tomorrow  :woot:

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!