4 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 15:09

Evidence that Mirror's Edge 2 is being made pops up
by John Callaham

Developer DICE and publisher Electronic Arts released Mirror's Edge in 2008 for consoles, and in 2009 for the PC. The sci-fi first person action game had some innovative gameplay design, including a parkour style of running and action. Mirror's Edge had mostly positive reviews, but the game did not sell aswell as anticipated.

Now there's evidence that DICE and EA will give Mirror's Edge another try. Joystiq reports that a help page for Mirror's Edge 2 briefly showed up on the EA website, but was quickly removed. Links to Xbox One pre-order pages for the game showed up on Amazon's German and Italian websites, but those pages have also since been taken down.

So far, neither DICE nor EA have confirmed that Mirror's Edge 2 is in development, but the evidence would seem to show that an official reveal for the sequel might be close at hand. It's more than likely that EA will show off Mirror's Edge 2 for the first time during their E3 2013 news conference on June 10th. We will be on hand for that press event, and indeed for all of E3 2013, which will start in less than two weeks.

Source: Joystiq | Image via Joystiq

#2 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,979 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 15:11

I thought it was completely scrapped!

#3 SubjectDelta

SubjectDelta

"Help Me, Professor Kokonoe!"

• 1,940 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 15:13

Don't let me get my hopes up! :(

#4 DAOWAce

DAOWAce

Blind

• 384 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 16:33

And typical EA will charge us $60+ for the game.

I loved MIrror's Edge and will welcome a sequel with open arms, but it's been quite a long time and EA's changed quite for the worse since then..

#5 Avatar Roku

Neowinian

• 703 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 20:20

This game would be fun with Kinect controls.

I enjoyed playing it a lot more on the phone than on the console. The game felt too simple for controller input, but with a different control scheme it can be fun. The style and music for the game were great.