8 posts in this topic

Posted

Harry Black won an incredible $31.7 million in the lottery. But the way he accomplished it is even more amazing.

As the BBC reports, Black, from British Columbia, won the money thanks to his purchasing two tickets with identical numbers.

"This is a wonderful surprise to all of us," said Kevin Gass of the British Columbia Lottery. "While it's not known how many people buy identical tickets for a draw, it is the first time in the company's recollection that we've had this unique sort of win."

The $63 million jackpot was ultimately split four ways. Meaning that if Black had used his winning numbers on just one ticket, the jackpot would have been split three ways and he would have walked away with a still whopping $20 million.

Black, 66, is not only a huge lottery winner, he's also patient. The Surrey resident has been playing the same lottery numbers since he was 31

Posted

I wonder how much he's spent on lottery tickets in his life then... Especially if he's purchased 2 tickets at a time? :s

Posted

[quote name='Raa' timestamp='1369958896' post='595725528']
I wonder how much he's spent on lottery tickets in his life then... Especially if he's purchased 2 tickets at a time? :s
[/quote]

$3640 based on $1 a ticket and 1 draw a week for 35 years. He'd have to spend nearly a million a year on tickets to have 'broke even'

Posted

[quote]
Black, 66, is not only a huge lottery winner, he's also patient. The Surrey resident has been playing the same lottery numbers since he was 31

Posted

I so wish..

Posted

The problem with winning the lottery is that everyone starts asking you for money. The solution is to tell them you spent it all on DLC.

Posted

[quote name='Growled' timestamp='1369962111' post='595725660']
Better late than never, I suppose.
[/quote]

Now he can buy a time machine, and have his younger self win, earlier. :p

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1370018466' post='595726874']
Now he can buy a time machine, and have his younger self win, earlier. :p
[/quote]

He could win it twice that way.