Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

22 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote]

[wyoutube]Vy5iBtTl1Lg[/wyoutube]

[size=6][b]2014 BMW X5 officially unveiled[/b][/size]

[b]Goes on sale in November[/b]

BMW has officially unveiled the 2014 X5, following this afternoon's leak.

Looking instantly recognizable, the redesigned crossover has evolutionary styling which closely mimics the outgoing model.

Despite the d

Posted

meh :/
3 people like this

Posted

[quote name='Jdawg683' timestamp='1370012198' post='595726728']
meh :/
[/quote]

Agreed. The original X5, which I was fortunate enough to own,had timeless design. It still remains my favorite when compared to her "off-springs".

This one just looks like they needed to update it for the sake of updating, to follow the business cycle or something else.

Posted

i wonder if they'll ever get around to improving the interior, at least the cluttered infotainment panel. at least take some inspiration from its german competitors...

Posted

Blech, the whole front end just looks wrong. Fog lights out of position, weird intake below grille - why not just move the license plate holder, and make the bottom intakes bigger? Also, move the fog lights to where the belong (on the botton intakes!)
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='tsupersonic' timestamp='1370013389' post='595726754']
Blech, the whole front end just looks wrong. Fog lights out of position, weird intake below grille - why not just move the license plate holder, and make the bottom intakes bigger? Also, move the fog lights to where the belong (on the botton intakes!)
[/quote]

Yeah that's the first thing I thought about the Fog lights, those should definitely be down way lower.

Posted

They seem to keep upgrading the X5 aesthetically but christ does it have a hell of a lot of common faults, electrics & suspension wise. Pnuematic suspension on these has been causing problems for a good 5 years now..

Posted

:x It's digusting like all of these fake 4x4, they cannot go off road, so therefore the whole car is pointless from the moment you turn it on, people buy them to be higher up and think it's safe to take their kids to school.

I hate the car, I hate the fakeness, I hate the inability to do anhything off road & I hate the type of people who buys these things, poor people

See these people daily, hence the massive hatred >_< philistines!

Posted

i wonder if they'll ever get around to improving the interior, at least the cluttered infotainment panel. at least take some inspiration from its german competitors...

what are you on about.. it's not cluttered, BMW practically invented the computer orientated interface in cars. iDrive is the benchmark imo.

Posted

The grill is terrible.  The rest looks meh.

The interior looks alright.

Posted

The grill is terrible.  The rest looks meh.

The interior looks alright.

yeah i kinda agree.. ii've owned a number of BMWs over the years but the new ones coming out right now are seriously lacking imo..

bring back bangle i say :D

Posted

What happened to the 3.5 litre petrol version?  I take it they just dropped that in preference to the diesel version.

Posted

What happened to the 3.5 litre petrol version?  I take it they just dropped that in preference to the diesel version.

i don't imagine it sold terribly well, no proof of this though!

imo the car buying public are more and more falling into two broad categories these days... the first is a cost concious get lots of MPG, want lower tax etc and they are going to go for the diesel power plants without too much coaxing. Then there are the money no object consumers who will just lump for the mental 5l petrol and take the hit... i mean the road tax is enough to put me off, let alone the fuel bills.

Just going to be fewer and fewer people wanting petrol engines going forward, especially in this market segment.

There might be more petrol engines to come later on in the life-cycle..

Posted

q7 > x5

Posted

i don't imagine it sold terribly well, no proof of this though!

imo the car buying public are more and more falling into two broad categories these days... the first is a cost concious get lots of MPG, want lower tax etc and they are going to go for the diesel power plants without too much coaxing. Then there are the money no object consumers who will just lump for the mental 5l petrol and take the hit... i mean the road tax is enough to put me off, let alone the fuel bills.

Just going to be fewer and fewer people wanting petrol engines going forward, especially in this market segment.

There might be more petrol engines to come later on in the life-cycle..

Perhaps in the UK, but in the US diesel is quite a bit more expensive than petrol. The MPG increase does not usually offset the cost difference between petrol and diesel.

Posted

to clarify diesel engine cars and the fuel itself are both more expensive than petrol in the UK.

the annual taxation though is vastly cheaper, and you can go a hell of a lot further on a litre on diesel than you can petrol :)

as for MPG not offsetting it, depends how many miles you do per annum doesn't it

Posted

Below average

Posted

This has to be the worst-looking BMW I've ever seen.

Posted

I have a BMW X5. It's been a great car but I was hoping for more improvements for this next gen., especially on the off-road side where like someone else pointed out, it's a fake off-road vehicle. It's more akin to a masculine version of a mini van which is basically what I use it for.

I'm probably going to get a Jeep Grand Cherokee next.

Posted

Oh my god, JB4 on a Twin Turbo V8...yes please

Posted

I think the Pontiac Aztec looks better than the X5 :D

Pontiac-Aztek_Rally_2004_1024x768_wallpa

Posted

I think the Pontiac Aztec looks better than the X5 :D

Pontiac-Aztek_Rally_2004_1024x768_wallpa

Since certain TV series, this has actually become more bad-ass than most BMWs.