24 posts in this topic

Posted

New cell phone footage shows Miami-Dade Police officers aggressively pinning an unarmed teen to the ground while choking him. His alleged crime: giving the officers

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1370042745' post='595727426']
When McMillan walked away,
[/quote]

...Shouldn't have walked away...

Posted

[quote][color=#282828]The "peacekeeping" officers say they saw [b]McMillan roughhousing with another teenager[/b], told him it was [b]
1 person likes this

Posted

The video... The reporter at the end... Doing his best Dustin Hoffman over that contrazoom? Hoo ha!

Posted

The cops are white --- I'm shocked.
1 person likes this

Posted

He should have not walked away or made it very clear he was talking towards his mother.

Posted

Shouldnt have walked away without saying anything. Thats what his problem was. And what the hell was the mother doing recording this and not helping first? Seriously messed up.

And I am sure this is going to be turned in a race issue as well.
1 person likes this

Posted

What a gussied up way of saying "he looked at me the wrong way."

Posted

^ I think the kid is a vampire.

Posted

What's with the pit bulls?

Posted

serves him right ... sounds like a brat who needs a bit of punishment for him mother... but of course this is going to be made into a race issue... its already a race issue cause the title has BLACK - KID in the title... could have just been KID.... the black part is irrelevant...

Posted

[quote name='techbeck' timestamp='1370044928' post='595727480']
Shouldnt have walked away without saying anything. Thats what his problem was. [/quote]

Why was that a problem? he didn't have to tell the cops anything.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='slapfacemcdougal' timestamp='1370046440' post='595727504']
[/quote]

You'd think Americans especially would know that yet here are a few lost souls defending the illegal actions of an overzealous beach cop, sad how low we've gotten
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='slapfacemcdougal' timestamp='1370046440' post='595727504']
[/quote]

No, he didnt have to. But from what the article said, he wasnt doing anything wrong so what the attitude and walking away from the cops? Not saying the copy was right, but could of been avoided by saying something. After all, the kid said he was talking them to his mom so why didnt he just say it?

[quote name='z0phi3l' timestamp='1370046651' post='595727514']
You'd think Americans especially would know that yet here are a few lost souls defending the illegal actions of an overzealous beach cop, sad how low we've gotten
[/quote]

I wasnt defending the cop...dont assume I was. I was pointing out that this could of been avoided if he would of just said something instead of walking away. But now, its an issue and I wouldnt be surprised if it turns into a race issue now.

[quote name='SPEhosting' timestamp='1370046365' post='595727502']
sounds like a brat who needs a bit of punishment for him mother...
[/quote]

What is with the mother? If it was my kid being harassed by the cops and choked, I wouldnt be filming it.

Posted

[quote name='techbeck' timestamp='1370047094' post='595727522']
No, he didnt have to. But from what the article said, he wasnt doing anything wrong so what the attitude and walking away from the cops? Not saying the copy was right, but could of been avoided by saying something. After all, the kid said he was talking them to his mom so why didnt he just say it?

I wasnt defending the cop...dont assume I was. I was pointing out that this could of been avoided if he would of just said something instead of walking away. But now, its an issue and I wouldnt be surprised if it turns into a race issue now.

What is with the mother? If it was my kid being harassed by the cops and choked, I wouldn't be filming it.
[/quote]I would film it... you need proof you know. What are you going to do, attack the cop? Call more cops? Use your words against a cop in front of a judge? Please tell me, PLEASE!

Also, NO, he didn't need to say ****. <-- see that symbol right there, exactly a period, HE DIDN'T HAVE TO SAY **** PERIOD! (the point I'm trying to make is no situation should of happened just because he carried on with his day)

Unless you are being detained, you DON'T HAVE TO SAY ****. Why do you think respect has to be given to people who won't respect you?

Posted

[quote name='SierraSonic' timestamp='1370049803' post='595727554']
I would film it... you need proof you know. What are you going to do, attack the cop? Call more cops? Use your words against a cop in front of a judge? Please tell me, PLEASE!
[/quote]

Call me crazy, but if I see my kid being harmed, no matter who it is, I am defending him. I dont care if it is a cop, or whoever. And if that means I get in trouble, so be it. However, my kids wouldnt do that because I teach them to respect and listen to the police unless they are being accused of something big. This kid obviously didnt respect the cop first by turning and walking away from them. Respect goes both ways.

[quote]
Unless you are being detained, you DON'T HAVE TO SAY ****. Why do you think respect has to be given to people who won't respect you?
[/quote]

Again, the kid disrespected the officer first. And you are right, he didnt have to say anything but more often than not, the people who dont say anything either have a chip on their shoulder, or something to hide. Was the cop using excessive force, yes...but if the kid was innocent like he said, he should of said something. And yes, protect your rights but be smart to know when to do so and when it is worth it.

Posted

Respect goes both ways as was mentioned. Don't walk off on someone because you won't like it if they did the same to you, and don't jump anyone because you don't like how they look at you, maybe they have eye issues or you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. (:

Posted

[quote name='techbeck' timestamp='1370050871' post='595727594']
Call me crazy, but if I see my kid being harmed, no matter who it is, I am defending him. I dont care if it is a cop, or whoever. And if that means I get in trouble, so be it. However, my kids wouldnt do that because I teach them to respect and listen to the police unless they are being accused of something big. This kid obviously didnt respect the cop first by turning and walking away from them. Respect goes both ways.

Again, the kid disrespected the officer first. And you are right, he didnt have to say anything but more often than not, the people who dont say anything either have a chip on their shoulder, or something to hide. Was the cop using excessive force, yes...but if the kid was innocent like he said, he should of said something. And yes, protect your rights but be smart to know when to do so and when it is worth it.
[/quote] :/ He shouldn't need to protect his rights.... His rights should be inalienable... he should be able to just 'use his rights'.

I've seen what happens when you get involved in fights with police, unless you have videos, you lose, risk vs reward. They most likely won't kill or injure your son for 'disrespect'; and getting injured, handcuffed, fined, and humiliated with a bad record isn't worth the trouble long term. But you can 'defend' legally, by suing the officers and getting justice, you know the legal way? This also ensures a better future for your children, less bad cops, and some money for college. (note I say all this now, as I'm not currently a father, I'm pretty sure I'd go stomp some cop ass too if they were beating my children in front of me, but this is technically the correct path for everyone)

[quote name='DaMiEn' timestamp='1370051855' post='595727616']
Respect goes both ways as was mentioned. Don't walk off on someone because you won't like it if they did the same to you, and don't jump anyone because you don't like how they look at you, maybe they have eye issues or you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. (:
[/quote]Disrespect, walking away when not being detained, is not an arrestable offense as far as I know...

Posted

I'm not sure why there's an argument here, though.

The kid could have avoided this, the cop should also be fired for use of excessive force and police dept. should change their policies and stop defending this, and the kid is going to live and be okay.

Posted

[quote name='SierraSonic' timestamp='1370052124' post='595727622']
:/ He shouldn't need to protect his rights.... His rights should be inalienable... he should be able to just 'use his rights'.
[/quote]

Just saying, all he had to do was say "my mom is over here" and avoided the whole thing.

[quote]
I've seen what happens when you get involved in fights with police, unless you have videos, you lose, risk vs reward.
[/quote]

And that is fine. At least he knows that I stand by him. Chances are, someone would of recorded it anyway. Everyone has a camera phone these days.

Posted

black person be harassed by cops, I think that's a fair sentence to sum up the article. Its a good thing they didn't have a firehose or taser with them.

Posted

Sounds like the cops were being douche bags to me.

Posted

Next time, just let Black cops arrest black people. It won't make to the news.

Posted

[quote name='MDboyz' timestamp='1370053370' post='595727672']
Next time, just let Black cops arrest black people. It won't make to the news.
[/quote]

That still makes news, the reports just leave out the fact that one of the cops was black. In this case, it looks like one of the cops was hispanic -- or at least that's the detective who was interviewed -- but people are still going to make it into a whites vs blacks issue.