No replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:29

LA game developer's offices raided by police thanks to false alarm
by John Callaham

File this one under the "Oops!" file. Robotoki, the Los Angeles game developer founded by former Infinity Ward producer Robert Bowling, was the location of a LAPD raid earlier this week, but as it turns out the police were called in by mistake.

Polygon reports that the Robotoki offices got a new "panic" button installed this week, and according to Bowling, an unnamed employee " ... pressed it on his way out because apparently when boys find buttons that they are unsure of, their first instinct is to push it."

Things reportedly got tense after four LAPD officers arrived at the Robotoki location. They spotted a full-sized statue of one of the most popular characters in the Modern Warfare game series, Simon "Ghost" Riley, in the office window. The statue is holding a dummy rifle and the police officers naturally took the impression that it was a real gunman.

The officers entered the building with their guns drawn and spotted Bowling, the only Robotoki team member that was still in the office. Bowling said, "They yelled for me to put my hands up and walk towards them slowly, then took me into custody and out of the studio until they cleared the rest of the rooms and floors."

Thankfully, reason prevailed and, according to Bowling, the police left later that night. Robotoki will not be fined for the false alarm

Source: Polygon | Image via Robert Bowling

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!