Neowin Monthly Photography Challenge June '13 [Here's Looking at Yo

Welcome to the Neowin Monthly Photography Challenge!

This month's challenge closes on the 26th June.

The entered photos will be collected into a single thread with a poll, these will be voted on by everyone.

The theme for this month is Here's looking at you, Kid as chosen by WarWagon!

If an image is not submitted using the sites listed, it will NOT be accepted for the competition this month forward, the EXIF data is required for proof of entry

FAQ

Q: What is the current challenge?

A: The current challenge is in the thread title

Q: What are the rules for posting?

A:

• Photos must be taken in the time frame of that theme (So in the case of March, from today (24th February) to the 24th March. Submission must be on a website that conserves EXIF data).
  • Spam will be deleted as per the forum rules, such as photos for sale.
  • The rest of the forum rules still apply.
  • One picture per theme.
  • Post your photo as a reply to this thread

Q: What sites are permitted for submission?

A:

• Flickr
  • Picasa
  • min.us
  • smugmug
  • playlookit.com
  • 500px.com
  • DeviantArt.com
  • Google Plus

Q: Does Neowin get any rights to my images if I post them?

A: Not at all! The only rights Neowin get are simply to say you won and may post it to the front page with full accreditation.

Q: Can Staff/MVC/Veteran/Other Group enter?

A: Yes!

Q: I have a question not answered here!

A: PM me!

8937699991_8d88729219_c.jpg

what?

"Here's looking at you, Kid"

I don't quite get it?

After choosing this theme yesterday, I started taking portrait pictures of my niece and nephew, but then I thought, lets try a mirror.

After choosing this theme yesterday, I started taking portrait pictures of my niece and nephew, but then I thought, lets try a mirror.

I still don't get it? the sentence it makes to sense :/ Maybe "He's looking at you?" :s elaborate? 'member, english isn't my maiden language so, be gentle.

I still don't get it? the sentence it makes to sense :/ Maybe "He's looking at you?" :s elaborate? 'member, english isn't my maiden language so, be gentle.

Be creative.

Be creative.

blocked at work,

What I mean is, have an alternative for that sentence? I don't quite understand it? Is it like " Here's to rappehs 200k posts?" "here's to the newly weds?"

Don't worry I'm struggling to really understand the theme on this one. Watching the video the words that come to mind are love, sadness, goodbye. I haven't seen the movie so I am literally taking the 30 second video for what it is, I don't know any back story.

This is the first one I have literally not had any idea's come to mind from the title.

Don't think so hard about this one, just think of it as a photo of someone theme. Use the word "Looking" as literal. Looking can be just a portrait or you can also get creative.

The theme sounds grammatically incorrect. Should be "He's looking at you, kid" not "Here's" - just doesn't make sense.

I'll enter this evening.

The theme sounds grammatically incorrect. Should be "He's looking at you, kid" not "Here's" - just doesn't make sense.

I'll enter this evening.

My point exactly :p grammar nazis

Grammar_Nazis____The_Motivator_by_ZlayaHozyayka.jpg

grammar-nazi2.jpg

Right to clear things up, it doesn't necessarily have to be a child that the camera is pointed at, it could capture the 'looking' aspect of the theme too. It's all about the expansion of the theme and picking out each detail of the sentence as if it were an essay question.

Since I now have a bit more free time I'll be hoping to actually enter this month, but the voting thread may be delayed since I'll be moving out on the weekend of the end of this month's competition.

How does one share from Google +? I am new to it and just figuring out photos, but have one I would like to enter.

EDIT - Going to just try copying and pasting the image URL.

20130529_220845.jpg

Right to clear things up, it doesn't necessarily have to be a child that the camera is pointed at, it could capture the 'looking' aspect of the theme too. It's all about the expansion of the theme and picking out each detail of the sentence as if it were an essay question.

Since I now have a bit more free time I'll be hoping to actually enter this month, but the voting thread may be delayed since I'll be moving out on the weekend of the end of this month's competition.

Our discussion is more on the grammar side :angry:

:laugh: Sadly teh interwebz is cat biased :p

:shiftyninja:

Haha, cmon though, Mason is a damn handsome cat as well, even with his dandruff issues (unfortunately, that is a side effect of being a diabetic cat :( )

:shiftyninja:

Haha, cmon though, Mason is a damn handsome cat as well, even with his dandruff issues (unfortunately, that is a side effect of being a diabetic cat :( )

Hey even though I'll enter, you'll have my vote :p !

Also, don't fret, the more problems, the moar love!

I don't get to take many photos (company camera), but this week I was doing some timelapse stuff and grabbed this one which could fit the theme. (hosted on G+)

IMG_8680.jpg