5 replies to this topic

#1 John Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 654 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 17:08

Mortal Kombat's Scorpion to be DLC character for Injustice: Gods Among Us
by John Callaham

Injustice: Gods Among Us, the DC Comics-based superhero fighting game, was the best selling video game in April in the US. Today, developer Netherrealm and publisher Warner Bros Interactive revealed a new DLC character will be made available for the game and it's one that should please long time fighting game fans.

As revealed in a new trailer, the upcoming DLC character is Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat series. Yes, the man who wants his enemies to "get over here" with the chains that come out of his hand will soon be able to fight many of the DC universe's most well known characters. In fact, the version of Scorpion that will be put in Injustice: Gods Among Us was designed by legendary comic book artist Jim Lee.

The trailer shows both Lee and Ed Boon, the co-creator of Mortal Kombat and the head of Netherrealm, talking about the new Scorpion DLC character, followed by some gameplay video of Scorpion battling the Blackest Night version of Superman so we can see some of Scorpion's unique moves. There's no word on when it will be released but when the DLC is available it will cost 400 Microsoft Points for the Xbox 360 version or $5 for the PS3 version.

By the way, the end of the trailer has a quick clip of another well known DC universe character that looks like will be the subject of another DLC pack, but we won't ruin the surprise.

Source: Warner Bros. Interactive on YouTube

#2 Klownicle

Klownicle

I get a custom title? Sweett.

• 1,471 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 20:23

Love that his moves are the same, still can't get into Injustice after playing MK9 till my hands bleed. The costume I don't like, should have kept it more mortal kombat ish. Even his combos' are the same Lol.

#3 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,053 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 21:10

Darkest Night Superman?

#4 Circaflex

Circaflex

Neowinian Senior

• 4,590 posts
  • Phone: hammerhead

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:28

stupid. the game costs 50 bucks and i have to buy these characters? gaming stinks these days.
(i know this character isnt required, but still, 50 bucks for the game and then more money for a single character? charge me less for the game and im fine with it but this could quickly add up with some other characters added)

#5 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• 3,767 posts
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:29

Thinking its time to bring in Popeye!

#6 Davo

Davo

Neowinian

• 1,381 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:51

Scorpion is the best they could come up with? NRS went real cheap sauce not only in regards to Season Pass but also in giving us characters like the ones we have.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!