virginia no contest first-degree murder holding bibles punched demons deported

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,846 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:04

FLOYD, VA – A Virginia man who said his 2-year-old daughter was possessed by a demon has been sentenced to more than 20 years in prison for her death.

Thirty-year-old Eder Guzman-Rodriguez was sentenced Monday in Floyd County after pleading no contest to first-degree murder. His daughter, Jocelyn, was found dead in November 2011.

Prosecutors say Guzman-Rodriguez told police that his daughter had a demon inside of her and that he had attempted to exorcise her of the demon.

Commonwealth's Attorney Stephanie Shortt said the first deputy who arrived saw "several Hispanics holding Bibles" standing on the deck of the mobile home.

The toddler's body was found on a bed in the master bedroom, wrapped in a blanket and without a pulse. The room was in disarray with several Bibles and "other religious literature," Shortt said.

According to Shortt's summary of the evidence, Guzman-Rodriquez told police that a "bad spirit" had entered him. He said that he saw his daughter gesturing to him, as if she wanted to fight and that he punched her "over and over" with his bare hands, Shortt said.

Jocelyn's injuries included fractured ribs, abrasions, contusions on a lung and hemorrhages. Her cause of death was manual asphyxiation.

The Roanoke Times reports that Guzman-Rodriguez is originally from Mexico and will be deported after serving his time.

source

#2 Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,348 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:10

FLOYD, VA – A Virginia man who said his 2-year-old daughter was possessed by a demon has been sentenced to more than 20 years in prison for her death.

Thirty-year-old Eder Guzman-Rodriguez was sentenced Monday in Floyd County after pleading no contest to first-degree murder. His daughter, Jocelyn, was found dead in November 2011.

Prosecutors say Guzman-Rodriguez told police that his daughter had a demon inside of her and that he had attempted to exorcise her of the demon.

Commonwealth's Attorney Stephanie Shortt said the first deputy who arrived saw "several Hispanics holding Bibles" standing on the deck of the mobile home.

The toddler's body was found on a bed in the master bedroom, wrapped in a blanket and without a pulse. The room was in disarray with several Bibles and "other religious literature," Shortt said.

According to Shortt's summary of the evidence, Guzman-Rodriquez told police that a "bad spirit" had entered him. He said that he saw his daughter gesturing to him, as if she wanted to fight and that he punched her "over and over" with his bare hands, Shortt said.

Jocelyn's injuries included fractured ribs, abrasions, contusions on a lung and hemorrhages. Her cause of death was manual asphyxiation.

The Roanoke Times reports that Guzman-Rodriguez is originally from Mexico and will be deported after serving his time.

source

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG BAN ALL RELIGION JAIL HIM FOR HIS LIFE TIME! DISGUSTING AND ALL OVER HIS IMAGAINRY RELIGION ****ING RUBBISH, ATHEISM PREVILS!

PS I dare a mod to censor this comment a girl is dead for non-gods sake.

#3 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,059 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:16

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG BAN ALL RELIGION JAIL HIM FOR HIS LIFE TIME! DISGUSTING AND ALL OVER HIS IMAGAINRY RELIGION RUBBISH ATHEISM PREVILS!

What!?! calm down, calm down.. this isn't about so much religion as common sense. Common sense is a fleeting attribute these days

#4 Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,348 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:19

What!?! calm down, calm down.. this isn't about so much religion as common sense. Common sense is a fleeting attribute these days

NO I WILL NOT. A human being is dead. It is all about religion, you call it common sense because most people of faith wouldn't be so extreme thus your common sense but the existing of ****ING RELIGION killed that girl if it wasn't for the MANS I am not calling him DAD religion and faith the girl would be alive.

#5 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,939 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:20

People just like to correlate religion with mental illness. It certainly has a fair share of nutjobs but so does everyone else.

#6 Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,348 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:22

People just like to relate religion with metal illness. It certainly has a fair share of nutjobs but so does everyone else.

Religion requires faith, faith is belief without evidence. I don't like to equate anything other than my words with truth. A child is dead if the man was not religious she could not have died in this manner.

#7 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 401 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:22

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG BAN ALL RELIGION JAIL HIM FOR HIS LIFE TIME! DISGUSTING AND ALL OVER HIS IMAGAINRY RELIGION ****ING RUBBISH, ATHEISM PREVILS!

PS I dare a mod to censor this comment a girl is dead for non-gods sake.

What are you? Two years old?

Back on topic, why jail him, he admitted to it, end his life like he did his daughters.

#8 Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,348 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:24

What are you? Two years old?

Back on topic, why jail him, he admitted to it, end his life like he did his daughters.

An angry human being who feels for others. 21. I don't believe in murder or an eye for an eye.

#9 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,939 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:25

A child is dead if the man was not religious she could not have died in this manner.

No, she could've been smothered by a pillow by a drug addict (which he also could've been.) Clearly arguing this point is going to accomplish about as much as shooting the moon with a dart gun, so nevermind.

#10 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• 786 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:28

This is why you need education ladies and gentlemen.

#11 Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,348 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:30

This is why you need education ladies and gentlemen.

Indeed so lets get religion out of schools firstly.

#12 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• 786 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:33

Indeed so lets get religion out of schools firstly.

Good luck with that.
I wouldn't put it past America to have a debate about whether teaching exorcism in schools is a valid alternative to psychology

#13 SiCKX

SiCKX

Cannibal

• 1,217 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:36

NO I WILL NOT. A human being is dead.

*wonders what you'll do when you read islam related news...

#14 Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,348 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:39

*wonders what you'll do when you read islam related news...

I EXPECT IT OFF TERORISTS.

#15 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,059 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 00:43

NO I WILL NOT. A human being is dead. It is all about religion, you call it common sense because most people of faith wouldn't be so extreme thus your common sense but the existing of ****ING RELIGION killed that girl if it wasn't for the MANS I am not calling him DAD religion and faith the girl would be alive.

Someone.. give this person a couple Xanax.... (Hint hint) I said common sense was in order... :huh:

Posted Image

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!