Dad sentenced to prison for daughter's death during exorcism

I accept that but I didn't miss the point you miss understood the implied DANGER of any person who does an exorcism.

I wish, sane in this context but sane over all I doubt religion is faith is belief without evidence belief without evidence is crazy. Strength Through Unity, Unity Through Non-Faith V for Vendetta Earth Prevails! Okay im done with my expression of my point of view at this serious matter tonight my the girl RIP and the Dad rot in jail and you all consider the place in America of religion. Peace.

Implied danger?

Do you even know what you are talking about? What implied danger would there be? Some crazy yelling and hoopla?

Maybe some reading of scripture, or flinging of water?

Scary stuff.

Implied danger?

Do you even know what you are talking about? What implied danger would there be? Some crazy yelling and hoopla?

My final comment tonight, the danger of having a child believe in things that DO NOT EXIST.

My final comment tonight, the danger of having a child believe in things that DO NOT EXIST.

Yes, because the danger of that child believing in an exorcism forced her father to kill her.

/s

Yes, because the danger of that child believing in an exorcism forced her father to kill her.

/s

Not what I said mod punish him for misrepresenting me in such a manner!

to the OP: history has shown people, let alone parents making some drastic and seriously screwed up decisions. but you can't blame religion for one person who makes a SERIOUS error in judgement.

In this particular instance, yes you flamin' well can.

In this particular instance, yes you flamin' well can.

Yer I mean he didn't kill her for a random reason just "to kill" he did it for a REASON. Everyone is acting like the girl might as well have died of natural reasons and it could have been her time anyway.... NO

Yer I mean he didn't kill her for a random reason just "to kill" he did it for a REASON. Everyone is acting like the girl might as well have died of natural reasons and it could have been her time anyway.... NO

The girl could have likely died, even if religion wasn't involved, yes. The father was already conditioned for murder, even if it was at a subconscious level. Blame religion all you want, but people are murdered every day and not under the guise of religion, so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you to see what I am saying.

Remove religion, and murderers will find another reason to do it. Obviously, this guy was unstable and felt a, what did he call it? A mean spirit took control of him. Yeah...perfectly stable individual there.

Religion + nutjobs/extremists/etc is a really bad combination, which I mentioned before. Religion with people who are...you know, sane, is not the issue you make it to be.

We're not talking "in general", we're talking about this particular case. Sure, it's possible he might have murdered her for some other reason, but this isn't a game of "what ifs". Facts are facts; he murdered her because he believed she was possessed by a demon, a purely religious concept, so in THIS CASE, religion is the primary motivation.

Stop being so apologist. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and goes great with orange sauce, it's a bloody duck!

• Like 3

I wish we wasn't so humane and that we could just take this idiot outside and shoot him in the freaking head like he deserves.

The girl could have likely died, even if religion wasn't involved, yes. The father was already conditioned for murder, even if it was at a subconscious level. Blame religion all you want, but people are murdered every day and not under the guise of religion, so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you to see what I am saying.

Remove religion, and murderers will find another reason to do it. Obviously, this guy was unstable and felt a, what did he call it? A mean spirit took control of him. Yeah...perfectly stable individual there.

Religion + nutjobs/extremists/etc is a really bad combination, which I mentioned before. Religion with people who are...you know, sane, is not the issue you make it to be.

You got evidence to back that up you seem to believe we all aren't capable of murder. And two that murderers are born and are just going to murder no matter what this is false.

We're not talking "in general", we're talking about this particular case. Sure, it's possible he might have murdered her for some other reason, but this isn't a game of "what ifs". Facts are facts; he murdered her because he believed she was possessed by a demon, a purely religious concept, so in THIS CASE, religion is the primary motivation.

Stop being so apologist. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and goes great with orange sauce, it's a bloody duck!

Indeed this he killed FOR religion people who are convicted murderers generally don't walk around desperate to kill someone because there genes or something are murderous he murdered for a REASON. That reason not being "he was an evil man we call a murderer".

I wish we wasn't so humane and that we could just take this idiot outside and shoot him in the freaking head like he deserves.

Na it is the easy way out. Think about it he will die anyway, granted I don't believe in hell so for me making him live on earth for as long as he's got knowing what he did is punishment.

Apologist? :rolleyes: People blame all sorts of things for their actions, including voices in their head. Obviously it wasn't the voices that made them do it, it is because they are freaking nutcases. Some feel religion made them do it. Some blame the weather, and even aliens.

Nobody and nothing made them do it other than their screwed up selves. What makes a murderer suddenly trustworthy in what they say anyway? Obviously you and Sylar have taken it as gospel (pun intended).