Arrow (Season 2)

Episode 2:15 "The Promise"

THE TURNING POINT ? Oliver (Stephen Amell) is shocked when he learns that Slade (Manu Bennett) has come to Starling City. Back on the island, as Oliver, Slade and Sara (Caity Lotz) prepare to take over the freighter from Ivo (guest star Dylan Neal), Sara pulls Oliver aside and tells him he needs to kill Ivo to prevent him from telling Slade what happened with Shado. Oliver feels immense guilt over the situation but realizes Slade?s growing rage from the Mirakuru makes him unpredictable and he could turn on his friends if he thinks Oliver is to blame. Oliver agrees to kill Ivo and the battle begins. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Ben Sokolowski.

-Images Snip-

:shiftyninja:

Good Episode..

I wonder how they will end up dealing with slade and who will come out alive this season.  Also glad that Laurel is finally dealing with things instead of being a reason to no like her character anymore.

This last episode was stupid. So stupid in fact that I almost want to give this show up entirely.

I have to start off with the ridiculousness of pouty Felicity. This episode made it painfully obvious that it is written, directed, marketed for teenagers and the drama-filled stupid lives teenagers live. I wanted someone to pull a gun out and shoot Felicity in the head the entire episode. Too bad they missed her head at the end.

Also, for someone who is suppose to be as smart as Felicity is, WHY THE **** did she ask for a BLOODY ASPIRIN AFTER BEING SHOT?! WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!! Seriously. If she wants to bleed out, then go for it MORON.

Next, I have to admit, I know this show, and most superhero stories do, require some level of belief to be suspended, but I got serious annoyed at the stupidity of: let's put something over our eyes and NO ONE will ever realize who we are.

How does a father not recognize his own daughter's voice after just spending time with her at a welcome home party? She doesn't change her hair, she has the same physical stature, etc. She doesn't even bother disguising her voice and he has no clue? Ugh! Utter crap.

Who has a secure briefcase that requires a fingerprint connected to WiFi? Are they really stupid or just asking to get hacked? Who does this?

Really hard to mention all of Felicity's stupid drama without mentioning Laurel. She's ridiculous, kill her, KILL HER NOW! The only way to make the show as good as the first season is to bring back Malcolm so he can destroy the city.

/rant

[edit] I lied, that's hardly all. How many IT experts put explosives in their network racks, connects them for hackers to detonate them? Felicity is either against Oliver or the dumbest explosives aficionado ever. And by aficionado, I mean ignoramus.

How does a father not recognize his own daughter's voice after just spending time with her at a welcome home party? She doesn't change her hair, she has the same physical stature, etc. She doesn't even bother disguising her voice and he has no clue? Ugh! Utter crap.

The hell are you talking about with that line? Sara already revealed what she was to her father, why would he suddenly be surprised when seeing her later in costume?

The hell are you talking about with that line? Sara already revealed what she was to her father, why would he suddenly be surprised when seeing her later in costume?

What episode was that? And, even if that were true, how has he not put together who Arrow is then? Oliver and Sara are awfully chummy.

He certainly didn't act like he knew her in the alley there.

What episode was that? And, even if that were true, how has he not put together who Arrow is then? Oliver and Sara are awfully chummy.

He certainly didn't act like he knew her in the alley there.

I can't remember which episode (number/name) it was, it was the one where the assassins went after her family and she had to protect him, and in the process had to reveal that she was trained by the League of Assassins and what not, she even fought to protect him in the clock tower (out of costume) and he saw full well what she was capable of.

As for how he doesn't know who Arrow is, it just seems like he is not a very good detective (well officer now) or he does know by now (with knowing who Sara is and what not) and is not revealing it to protect Oliver.

Diggle gave Felicity oxycodone for the pain but he told her it was aspirin.  That's why she was acting loopy when Sara was stitching her up.

Also, for someone who is suppose to be as smart as Felicity is, WHY THE **** did she ask for a BLOODY ASPIRIN AFTER BEING SHOT?! WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!! Seriously. If she wants to bleed out, then go for it MORON.

Diggle gave Felicity oxycodone for the pain but he told her it was aspirin. That's why she was acting loopy when Sara was stitching her up.

She still believed it was aspirin, and that was of course before she got "high". It is just lazy writing. They could have used a host of other pain medications and they chose one that causes blood to thin.

its a tv show in make believe land

Really? Are you sure? DOH >.<

These people are paid 6+ figures writing, directing, acting, editing, etc. and no one noticed this? Sorry, but for what they're paid, it is unacceptable.

The writing for this show was decent, even good, in the first season, but this season is just abysmal. Am I not allowed to have an opinion?

Really? Are you sure? DOH >.<

These people are paid 6+ figures writing, directing, acting, editing, etc. and no one noticed this? Sorry, but for what they're paid, it is unacceptable.

The writing for this show was decent, even good, in the first season, but this season is just abysmal. Am I not allowed to have an opinion?

i wont bother fighting with you as it seems that's all you are here for

>

>(Needless blather)

>

Also, for someone who is suppose to be as smart as Felicity is, WHY THE **** did she ask for a BLOODY ASPIRIN AFTER BEING SHOT?! WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!! Seriously. If she wants to bleed out, then go for it MORON.

Because a lot of very smart people are unaware that aspirin and other similar drugs are blood thinners? Same smart people who blow out their livers with Tylenol etc.

Next, I have to admit, I know this show, and most superhero stories do, require some level of belief to be suspended, but I got serious annoyed at the stupidity of: let's put something over our eyes and NO ONE will ever realize who we are.

Because in numerous studies even without masks eyewitness testimony has been shown notoriously UNreliable, regardless of who the perp is? People think they could tell A from B by look or listen , but they're usually wrong.

Who has a secure briefcase that requires a fingerprint connected to WiFi? Are they really stupid or just asking to get hacked? Who does this?

Biometric briefcases have been around for a few years now. Quite common. The management software usually runs on a laptop and connects by mini/micro USB, but the idea of a wifi or bluetooth connection can't be totally tossed. I'd bet it's either out or on the way so a phone app could be used.