It's Laughable That The Most Popular Version Of Android Is

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 05 June 2013 - 16:04

It's Laughable That The Most Popular Version Of Android Is Nearly Three Years Old .

http://m.yahoo.com/w...=us&.lang=en-us

I installed the CM version of it on my incredible 2. it ran great, very responsive. I could do SMS, Phone web browsing, pretty much everything.

#32 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Android

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:39

I wonder how many people are still using an iPhone 3, you know it didn't get the latest version of iOS, yet no one really talks about that, wonder why? Bias maybe? Realistically who ****ing cares, these statistics are rolled out only when someone is trying to "prove" how superior iOS is, when it isn't, but that';s my opinion, not a fact

#33 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:49

Not exactly a trivial process to go down that route.

I beg to differ. I've had a few phones come in that i've had to apply newer roms to and many devs have made "one click packages" that quite literally do what it says on the tin.

#34 defystars

defystars

Neowinian

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:20

Can't stand Gingerbread, really glad I'm on Jelly Bean now. :laugh:

#35 Raa

Raa

Resident president

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:24

Can't stand Gingerbread, really glad I'm on Jelly Bean now. :laugh:

Thanks for letting us know. (Y) /s

#36 defystars

defystars

Neowinian

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:32

Thanks for letting us know. (Y)

Uh. Well to elaborate, the major thing was being able to disable apps. A lot of pre-loaded stuff comes with these phones and I don't want to deal with them.

As well as the whole "choosing a default" thing. I can disable the stock browser, so that every time I need a browser, it opens up in Chrome.

#37 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:04

Simple way to fix this, stop making ###### tablets and phones that run Gingerbread, and allow people to upgrade.

#38 Raa

Raa

Resident president

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:14

Simple way to fix this, stop making ****ty tablets and phones that run Gingerbread, and allow people to upgrade.

I haven't seen a tablet or phone use Gingerbread for a while now, and certainly not any that have been released in the last 6 months.

#39 ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:33

+1
cough************* XP************** Cough

Can't compare XP to Android. Reason is that you can always upgrade the OS on Windows machines but you can't always do it with smart phones.Google has bad support with older products. They are focus with new releases and when someone new is coming out, they seem like they stop supporting it.

Its weird with a company like Google that a lot of people love don't care about support with users with hardware.

#40 InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:07

Can't compare XP to Android. Reason is that you can always upgrade the OS on Windows machines but you can't always do it with smart phones.Google has bad support with older products. They are focus with new releases and when someone new is coming out, they seem like they stop supporting it.

Its weird with a company like Google that a lot of people love don't care about support with users with hardware.

Google actually has really good support for the phones they sell. It's Manufacturers such as HTC, Samsung and Asus who never usually support their devices for more than a year.

You also cant always upgrade to the latest version of Windows, lack of drivers, processor not supporting certain features. E.g.Windows 8 requires NX support which some older processors do not have.

Your average consumer probably doesn't know / care about Android or Windows updates regardless, however those that do will upgrade in both cases.

#41 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:09

My Note II is getting the update for 4.3 in November. Yeah.

#42 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:14

My Note II is getting the update for 4.3 in November. Yeah.

Just in time to be behind a version.

;)