Photo

Wolfenstein: The New Order

official wolfenstein: the new order machinegames bethesda pc ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one id tech 5

294 replies to this topic

#256 DarkyDan

DarkyDan

Neowinian

• 355 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:39

Seems to be getting good reviews.  Wish it had MP.

#257 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• 1,187 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 521

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:23

Played for 115 minutes on Uber difficulty.
Feels nice, well optimized, but nonetheless has texture popping.
Gameplay is good, but it feels like it is my choice to go for stealth or terminator play style.
Also not hard enough.

Worth 60 so far.

#258 DeltaXray

DeltaXray

Neowinian

• 538 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:05

Thanks, really needed to know there's a moon base, that's not spoilery at all :angry:

Of course there's a moon base, it's Nazis that won the war, but don't spell it out like that! Arrgghh

Soon you will even be posting in German, it's taken over you! Though it will give you good cause to be a grammar Nazi :p

Oops sorry :blush:  I didn't realise that was spoilery, i'm sure the moon base was in some ads/marketing material because that was out there way before the game was released.

#259 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:56

Oops sorry :blush:  I didn't realise that was spoilery, i'm sure the moon base was in some ads/marketing material because that was out there way before the game was released.

Hahaha it's ok, i wasn't sure it was in there and didn't notice anything in official advertising, but guessed as much considering the lore...watching Iron Sky these again these days to add flavor to the experience :laugh:

#260 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,918 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:11

Hmm, never played a Wolfenstein but you all keep saying it's excellent so I may have to pick it up. I think I'm pretty close to being exhausted with titanfall, and then I've got tomb raider, and then I'll need something else.

#261 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,987 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 30 May 2014 - 13:02

Did you sit there until the credits finished? :p

I did on purpose as I saw people saying to do so, and I saw

Spoiler

Also while I get why people are saying they wish it had MP, I am personally incredibly happy it did not. It allowed them to take all their resources and put it towards the SP, hence why it is such a great experience. I cannot help but think if it did include MP, it would not be as good as it is. Perhaps I am wrong, but I think this is a perfect example of why MP is not always necessary, and in fact can detract from the SP as resources would have been used towards it instead.

#262 DeltaXray

DeltaXray

Neowinian

• 538 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 15:17

Also while I get why people are saying they wish it had MP, I am personally incredibly happy it did not. It allowed them to take all their resources and put it towards the SP, hence why it is such a great experience. I cannot help but think if it did include MP, it would not be as good as it is. Perhaps I am wrong, but I think this is a perfect example of why MP is not always necessary, and in fact can detract from the SP as resources would have been used towards it instead.

Agree 100%. They clearly sat down at some point, looked at their resources, skills, deadlines etc and made that decision not to have Multiplayer for a reason.  If the game wasn't that good you could say 'What were they even spending the time on?' (Ahem, watchdogs), but you can clearly see that they spent a lot of effort on the single player game and sacrificing MP made good sense.

There is no reason to have shoehorned Multiplayer especially if it would have come at the expense of anything else.  It is a great game and has some replayability.

Perhaps they might do it for the next game now that they know there is a big appetite for a solid, back-to-basics FPS game like wolfenstein.

#263 +WildWayz

WildWayz

The Moose God

• 302 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 30 May 2014 - 15:23

Or maybe a dlc or free update like just cause 2? That would be great. Glad they focused on the single player side though.. Still enjoy it more than most multiplayer games recently.

#264 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,940 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 16:07

I did on purpose as I saw people saying to do so, and I saw

Spoiler

Spoiler

#265 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,987 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 30 May 2014 - 16:52

Spoiler

Spoiler
Truly hope there is another game done by everyone involved in this game.

#266 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• 1,187 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 521

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:30

In retrospect, this game suffers from its check point save system.

#267 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,536 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:39

In retrospect, this game suffers from its check point save system.

I noticed that too, more than once I thought I had to start over when I was going for my platinum (luckily restart level fixed the issue at the time)

#268 ensiform

ensiform

Neowinian

• 539 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:49

SNAG-0161.png

#269 DeltaXray

DeltaXray

Neowinian

• 538 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:59

Finally beat the game last night. Incredible game, had so much fun.

Loved the final 2 sentence exchange between BJ and Desthshead, very 80s action movie style.

Will start another playthrough tonight.

#270 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:04

Finally beat the game last night. Incredible game, had so much fun.

Loved the final 2 sentence exchange between BJ and Desthshead, very 80s action movie style.

Will start another playthrough tonight.

"EIN HERTZ - EIN WILLE"