Photo

Wolfenstein: The New Order

official wolfenstein: the new order machinegames bethesda pc ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one id tech 5

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#286 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• 24,860 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:45

Bethesada is odd, they locked entire game in Germany, activate in Poland not playable in Germany, simply not shows on game list, if I try run exe form game folder i get info "locked in this country", hahahaha, sniffing over IP, not nice. Possible to play via VPN but this is not a solution, since I own original copy, blah.

I did warn you :whistle:

#287 Semtex

Semtex

Neowinian

• 1,290 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:52

Yeah, You was right, I didn't expect so big restrictions, since I was already running geo-locked games in past, this time they did one step forward... But I'm after some 30 min. test gameplay, and this game is awesome :D

#288 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:49

And the funniest thing is that this law apply only to the games, for example worst B class movie is OK with symbols, since it is "Art", so it is allowed, games aren't Art in Germany so from there we have this what we have... :rofl:

I've send a email to Bethesda, no hope... Since they don't give a .... You know what ;)

It's pure hypocrisy and prejudice against games, as they're not "art". Next thing you know they'll be burning games and rounding up developers :D ok bad joke...

Writing to Bethesda won't help, they will tell you they are just complying with the law in Germany, which is true. Up to them the game would not be altered, it's just extra PITA for them.

#289 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• 1,103 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 521

Posted 08 June 2014 - 16:17

Can't you just mod the Nazi stuff back in?

#290 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:54

Can't you just mod the Nazi stuff back in?

There are many legislators around the world asking the same question :rofl:

OK, will show myself out, mach schnell!

#291 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 00:59

Wow, what an experience. Completed it yesterday and indeed it was an amazing single player campaign, for all its faults and obvious breaks from reality - the writing and emotional impact were superb. This is almost on par with Spec Ops the Line, totally unexpected. To think we feared this would be the next Duke Forever or Colonial Marines...should have known better with Starbreeze/Machinegames at the helm. And yes, i totally cried during the end credits song. But nothing happened after the credits. Did i miss something?

#292 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,919 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:23

Nothing happens per se, just you hear something...

#293 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:10

Nothing happens per se, just you hear something...

Heh heh yeah there's that, didn't think it was very telling either way, could have been anything...but time will tell. Inhale, count to four...