pennsylvania transplant organ donors age discrimination under 12 rule

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,384 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 16:36

If you want to do something for that little girl or anyone who can be saved with an organ transplant, please, fill a organ donor card and let the people near you what they should do if ever you died.
I do not wish anyone to die but, if there is one ultimate act of human, selfless kindness to do, that is the one.

If there's one thing that makes me angry when it comes to donor cards, it's that families can and do override the wishes of the deceased, even when they're carrying a valid donor card.

As far as I'm concerned, carrying a signed donor card means YOU have agreed, and nobody should be allowed to override that.

#17 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,060 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 17:35

Janet stated. "All her other organs are fairing well. She is a great, strong candidate for transplant still. Come on lungs!"

This seems a bit disturbing -- she in effect, is wishing that someone else dies.

Janet stated. "All her other organs are fairing well. She is a great, strong candidate for transplant still. Come on lungs!"

This seems a bit disturbing -- she in effect, is wishing that someone else dies.

#18 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,060 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 16:57

Girl, 10, getting lung transplant

Sarah Murnaghan, a 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl with cystic fibrosis whose family fought to have her prioritized for adult organs, is getting a new set of lungs, her family told CNN on Wednesday.

Sarah was in surgery Wednesday morning.

"God is great! He moved the mountain! Sarah got THE CALL," a statement on her Facebook page said. "Please pray for Sarah's donor, her HERO, who has given her the gift of life."

The parents' push for an organ transplant policy change has thrust the issue of who gets donated organs into the national spotlight.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

#19 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,384 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 17:07

God!? Yeah, he's really great, isn't he? He went and killed someone else so that their lungs could be put into this little girl. Such a niiiiiice guy. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd have just not made the girl sick in the first place, and had TWO people live, but what do I know? I'm just a mere mortal who does nice things and couldn't possibly understand the motives of an all powerful superbeing who gets off on torturing its creations.

#20 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 16,921 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:30

Update:

Her first transplant failed, something wrong with the organs, but she had another and today she's going home. Of course she'll be on anti-rejection drugs and have to be careful about infections etc., but that's a lot better than the alternative.

#21 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:22

I'm glad for her. I hope everything works out.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!