Dunkin' to introduce bacon, egg, doughnut sandwich

Dunkin' Donuts wants to sell you a doughnut sandwich. :huh:

Hitting stores Friday, the breakfast item is composed of a fried egg, bacon and two glazed doughnuts. It has 360 calories, according to the company website. That's 60 more than an Egg McMuffin at McDonald's.

Coming on the heels of the news that McDonald's is offering egg whites as a substitution on any of its breakfast items, a glazed donut sandwich at Dunkin' would appear to be running counter to a healthier-eating America.

"We've seen the savory and sweet combination becoming more and more popular," Stan Frankenthaler, executive chef and vice president of Global Product Innovation at Dunkin' said in an article posted on the company site, pointing to success with its waffle breakfast sandwich and pancake bites.

"We want to help guests discover their love of combining sweet and savory, and I think the Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich is a great way to do that," he said. "If this trend continues, we'd love to explore more options to offer additional menu items with these flavor combinations."

source

post-37120-0-84608500-1370562630.jpg

Hitting stores Friday, the breakfast item is composed of a fried egg, bacon and two glazed doughnuts. It has 360 calories, according to the company website. That's 60 more than an Egg McMuffin at McDonald's.

I've found my new breakfast place.

but why?

I have an aversion to pork, since I was in my teens.

Seems unhealthy to me.

And I am not wowed by the taste.

no thanks, however, if it were a bagel i would take it lol.