anonymous nsa leak

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 F_C

F_C

Neowinian

• 140 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 20:56

If only I had $15 I could have "leaked" these documents way before Anonymous. Heck for $33 the Department of Commerce would have printed out the document and mailed it me.
http://www.ntis.gov/...?ABBR=ADA528253

#17 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,523 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 20:56

This administration is out of control.

It's important to remember that this spying started under the previous administration and has been continued by the current one. It's not a party political problem, it's a problem with government in general and the military in particular.

#18 StephenBratz

StephenBratz

Neowinian

• 119 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:00

snip

snip

The funny thing about this is that Kal Penn, Kumar of Harold and Kumar, worked for Obama as an Assoc. Director in the White House Office of Public Engagement, the office that is supposed to be a connection between the people and the WH. So the very things he is making a joke of - Gitmo, the 5th Ammendment/Bill Of Rights, loss of personal freedoms and rights, and so on, he took part of making a joke of it though this president.

#19 srbeen

srbeen

Neowinian

• 1,014 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:01

They've got no right to spy on people unless they have a warrant to do so.

Spying indicates a secretive motive like we are an enemy or competitor... They are merely collecting information on everyone in secret, for the greater good of everyone they are collecting information on.. right?

#20 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:02

The tide is changing, the people realize how messed up this administration and washington is in general. Something will have to give.

#21 StephenBratz

StephenBratz

Neowinian

• 119 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:03

It's important to remember that this spying started under the previous administration and has been continued by the current one. It's not a party political problem, it's a problem with government in general and the military in particular.

So with your and Mudslag's comments, it is not any one person's fault if the finger is being pointed at Obama, it is the fault of all of Washington. Unless we want to blame it on someone who is not Obama, then we will blame it on one specific person.

#22 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,602 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Hence the court orders and the legal authority created and passed by congress.

the same congress that went on to pass the Patriot act?

#23 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,929 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

See, this is when I have zero issue with Anonymous. When they take a WikiLeaks approach and do things "for the greater good."

#24 C-Squarez

C-Squarez

ARE YOU IN THAT MOOD YET?!?!

• 5,163 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:07

Apparently. I use to be against this kind of stuff but apparently we need it to know what the hell is going on. And what is going on is very scary stuff.

A random persons respect on the internet probably doesn't mean much but I respect this statement. With what's going on, some people still hold firm that it's for the best.

On another note, I remember lurking in conversations where people would predict this kinda stuff and the thumb thugs of Neowin would do what they do and bash them for being "ignorant and paranoid". Now that those tin foil hat wearers seem to be right, I wonder how those aforementioned thumb thugs feel. I wish the hoopla for being right about some "far out conspiracy" was as big as the hoopla for the bashing the "conspiracy theorists" received for being "stupid".

#25 F_C

F_C

Neowinian

• 140 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:10

Unless we want to blame it on someone who is not Obama, then we will blame it on one specific person.

I think the main problem with blaming it on person (whether that be Obama, Bush, or whoever) is it insinuates the idea that once Obama/Bush/whoever is removed from power then all of this will stop and it will get better.
It won't. The whole system is like this.

#26 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,121 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:18

the same congress that went on to pass the Patriot act?

That would be the one

So with your and Mudslag's comments, it is not any one person's fault if the finger is being pointed at Obama, it is the fault of all of Washington. Unless we want to blame it on someone who is not Obama, then we will blame it on one specific person.

It's not any one person's fault because this isnt run, controlled nor created by any one person or group. This is a collective problem created by all of Washington.

#27 StephenBratz

StephenBratz

Neowinian

• 119 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:27

[/color]

I think the main problem with blaming it on person (whether that be Obama, Bush, or whoever) is it insinuates the idea that once Obama/Bush/whoever is removed from power then all of this will stop and it will get better.
It won't. The whole system is like this.

No doubt, but it is more than that. The issue is that the current Administration based their entire campaign on stopping this type of thing, that there would be unparalleled transparency. Instead, we have a President that literally does nothing while his minions abuse their power in whatever ways they want for their own personal benefit. And when found out - from Benghazi, IRS, the worsening unemployment numbers, spying on their own citizens, it is everybody else's fault. And rather than fixing it, he stands by and makes it worse. All this after using these same situations for political gain. For example:

#28 StephenBratz

StephenBratz

Neowinian

• 119 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:35

It's not any one person's fault because this isnt run, controlled nor created by any one person or group. This is a collective problem created by all of Washington.

Unless it can be directly blamed on some video maker.
Unless it can be directly blamed on some low-level clerk.
Unless it can be directly blamed on the previous President.
Unless it can be directly blamed on the president from the 1980s.
Unless it can be directly blamed on the opposition party.
Unless it can be directly blamed on an already departing government employee.
Unless it can be directly blamed on racism, sexism, homophobia, hate groups, etc.

If you cannot find some way to blame it on any of these, then we will claim it is the fault of the entire government.

#29 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,523 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:39

I'm not trying to make any political point or let anyone off the hook. I only pointed out that the problem isn't limited to Obama. You can focus all the blame on him if you want but you'd be missing the point as this is clearly about more than just one man.

#30 HSoft

HSoft

Neowinian Senior

• 3,929 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 21:40

.....and the military in particular.

eh? What am I missing here? When did the military get involved in this?