Buffett lunch goes for $1 million

How much would you pay to have lunch with Warren Buffett? The winning bidder at the investment guru's annual anti-poverty fundraiser plunked down $1,000,100 for the honor on Friday. :huh:

For the 14th year, Berkshire Hathaway CEO Buffett auctioned off a lunch invitation on eBay. The winner, as is common, bid anonymously.

Proceeds from the auction go to the San Francisco charity GLIDE. In its 50th year, GLIDE runs a number of anti-poverty and educational programs. It serves nearly 1 million meals each year to the poor and operates on a budget of about $17 million -- a quarter of which comes from government sources.

The lunch will be held at New York City steakhouse Smith & Wollensky.

more

I doubt he and I would have one single thing to talk about.

People who bid on this are business people that want to hear what he has to say about investments and stuff. I really doubt someone would talk sports or weather with him.

a rich ass. The only thing he is good at is making money.

wow. this statement is ignorant. He gives Billions in development aid and social services via his work with Bill Gates. He does alot with his money, so don't judge too quickly now.

wow. this statement is ignorant. He gives Billions in development aid and social services via his work with Bill Gates. He does alot with his money, so don't judge too quickly now.

Yeah, Warren Buffet pledged to give all of his $40+ billion fortune to Bill Gate's foundation after he passes away. I think he even started giving a billion dollars each year. Buffet even famously said that he doesn't believe in the transfer for billion dollar fortunes in a family over generations like a dynasty. He isn't giving his billions to his children and will only give them enough to have a decent life. He lives in the same old small home he bought nearly 30 years ago or so and drives an old car.

So, his money will be going for good use. He's just an excellent investor and ruthless businessman.

• Like 2

im sure the aid is used to buy products of companies he owns shares in to transfer to the needy and the cost is transferred to the american citizen via inflation and tax rebates. plus the products given to the needy are probably culprits in their poor health still. and so the cycle goes. tch tch.

id rather spend $1000 and take a cute chic out on a date of her lifetime

im sure the aid is used to buy products of companies he owns shares in to transfer to the needy and the cost is transferred to the american citizen via inflation and tax rebates. plus the products given to the needy are probably culprits in their poor health still. and so the cycle goes. tch tch.

id rather spend $1000 and take a cute chic out on a date of her lifetime

OK, seriously you need to read a little bit more about his charity and social development with Bill Gates and other billionaires. He is also so rich, why would he bother doing all that; there is no business interests involved, this is humanitarian focused.. He's doing it to do good, he's one of the few people that can make actual change happen, thats why, doesn't take much to figure out....

• Like 2

First of all like other people said, he donates HUGE amounts of money each year to people/organizations that needs the money.

Second, even if he wasnt donating so much money, there is nothing wrong with being rich as long as he made the money in a honest way. He didnt steal, he didnt cheat, he earned the money by working hard. If people have a problem with that then it's usually out of jealousy!

Just think how much businesses he has and how much people have a job because of him!

OK, seriously you need to read a little bit more about his charity and social development with Bill Gates and other billionaires. He is also so rich, why would he bother doing all that; there is no business interests involved, this is humanitarian focused.. He's doing it to do good, he's one of the few people that can make actual change happen, thats why, doesn't take much to figure out....

keep drinking the kool aid son.

keep drinking the kool aid son.

yawn, something says to me you won't even consider not knowing everything he does, fine, I don't care, it doesn't make a difference really...

People who bid on this are business people that want to hear what he has to say about investments and stuff. I really doubt someone would talk sports or weather with him.

I have no interest in that stuff either. My main interest is tech stuff and my family. And Neowin. :)