Microsoft E3 - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching/reading live?

2. 2. What is your general impression pre-conference?

• Waiting for E3
    • Like what I've seen/heard so far
    • Don't like what I've seen/heard
  3. 3. What is your general impression post-conference?

• Buying on day 1
    • Like it but won't buy on day 1
    • Don't like it but may buy eventually
    • Hate it

I'd agree with that but I have trouble believing that entire presentation, the world building part at least, was done on the fly.

90% of the presentations were staged. I highly doubt 1500 people were "Watching the live feed" of that KI skit. I also doubt that the guy actually called in the airstrike from his phone at that exact moment.

WTF? $500 ? Dind't they learn from Sony?

Yes, that's why it's not $599 instead.

90% of the presentations were staged. I highly doubt 1500 people were "Watching the live feed" of that KI skit. I also doubt that the guy actually called in the airstrike from his phone at that exact moment.

I saw a few game journalists on Twitter saying pretty much everything was scripted.

This E3 is Sonys to lose, if they can denounce DRM and come in at a price that's under XB1 they are winners.

Got sick of how many times people said ".......can only be done with the power of Xbox One", it's such BS all of those games didn't look anything special, some of them looked like they could be on 360.

$500 really does rule out a lot of customers in the US but Europe will be paying ~$660! Subsidizing that price by $50 or $100 with long term Xbox Live subscriptions would go a long way.

This E3 is Sonys to lose, if they can denounce DRM and come in at a price that's under XB1 they are winners.

Got sick of how many times people said ".......can only be done with the power of Xbox One", it's such BS all of those games didn't look anything special, some of them looked like they could be on 360.

What else are they supposed to say? "looks better on a PS4"? :rolleyes:

Dude, even if they come up with 1 more game like Last Of Us or Beyond Two Souls, they are automatically winner!

• Like 1

People have to remember a few things abotu US and Europe prices. Europe generally earns better on average AND most importantly we have depending on country 5-6 years mandatory warranty on factory faults. and several other consumer protections that the US doesn't get.

there's also the little issues of 18-25% VAT. 499 + 25% VAT(highest) alone adds up to 623.

So, Xbox One Pros:

Halo TV series (Probably exclusive to Xbox One)

Quantum Break (Just because it's a TV series intergrated game, the concept it's interesting)

Exclusive partnership with NFL

I liked how Forza is going to use the cloud. Perhaps a good example of how other games could use it.

Least they hit us with game after game but still at the end of it, i felt there could have been more games :laugh: I think this is because they were only showing first party exclusives.

You can see a from a few games they were originally meant for current gen. Dead Rising 3 and Titan Fall spring to mind.

Price wise was about what i expected. I expect the PS4 to be a similar price. I can't see it being dramatically more expensive/cheaper.

I liked how Forza is going to use the cloud. Perhaps a good example of how other games could use it.

Least they hit us with game after game but still at the end of it, i felt there could have been more games :laugh: I think this is because they were only showing first party exclusives.

You can see a from a few games they were originally meant for current gen. Dead Rising 3 and Titan Fall spring to mind.

Price wise was about what i expected. I expect the PS4 to be a similar price. I can't see it being dramatically more expensive/cheaper.

In all the years we've seen newer systems come out the first batch of games for a new system are a bit better overall than the current generation. Developers need more time to work on things and the first launch titles don't have as much time really. Still, I like the fact that they've kept saying over and over how they're investing more into games than they did on the 360, with 5 new studios to make exclusives through the life of the system, you can't say that isn't good news.

Anybody else noticed that they showed pc gameplay for bf4? The aiming was suspicious, but then you could clearly see it said backspace to bring up some menu...

People have to remember a few things abotu US and Europe prices. Europe generally earns better on average AND most importantly we have depending on country 5-6 years mandatory warranty on factory faults. and several other consumer protections that the US doesn't get.

there's also the little issues of 18-25% VAT. 499 + 25% VAT(highest) alone adds up to 623.

Wondered how long it would take before you try and defend them. Considering the specs of the box 499/429 is offensive.

• Like 1

In all the years we've seen newer systems come out the first batch of games for a new system are a bit better overall than the current generation. Developers need more time to work on things and the first launch titles don't have as much time really. Still, I like the fact that they've kept saying over and over how they're investing more into games than they did on the 360, with 5 new studios to make exclusives through the life of the system, you can't say that isn't good news.

Oh i'm not saying it's a bad thing.

You always get titles each generation that were originally developed for the current gen, then decide to hold off and launch it on the next gen. I'm not saying the games suffer because of that but you can definitely tell the difference. I love Dead Rising, it was one of the main reason i went for the 360. It'll definitely be on my list when i pick the One up.

So, Xbox One Pros:

Halo TV series (Probably exclusive to Xbox One)

Quantum Break (Just because it's a TV series intergrated game, the concept it's interesting)

Exclusive partnership with NFL

You must have missed the majority of the conference ;) heck I only got the last part and got more than that :)