Microsoft E3 - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching/reading live?

2. 2. What is your general impression pre-conference?

• Waiting for E3
    • Like what I've seen/heard so far
    • Don't like what I've seen/heard
  3. 3. What is your general impression post-conference?

• Buying on day 1
    • Like it but won't buy on day 1
    • Don't like it but may buy eventually
    • Hate it

No, Microsoft were being deceitful paying developers not to mention that games would be coming to PS4, anything that didn't say "exclusively on Xbox" are also coming to PS4, which means MGS5.

No, Microsoft were being deceitful paying developers not to mention that games would be coming to PS4, anything that didn't say "exclusively on Xbox" are also coming to PS4, which means MGS5.

Which is just a gaf brainfart and you repeat that here as if its true.

It is true, everything CBoaT said was true, World of Tanks coming to 360, Mirrors Edge 2 would be revealed, PS4 would have no DRM, Microsoft would not mention DRM, every multiplatform game at the conference never even mentioned PS4, even MGS5 one of the biggest PLAYSTATION franchises neglected to mention.

I think the fact that MGS5 is now multiplatform is news as well. Seeing how 4 was exclusive, I guess the HD remakes coming to XBL as well should've been a clue to the future of the series in general.

I have to say that I am very pleased with the games MS showed at e3. I found them to be a lot more interesting than anything Sony showed except for KH3. Sony didn't have very many exclusives.

Other than the 20 that Yosh said that weren't far enough along for them to show?

I guess we'll see next year. Also, didn't they try to hint that ESO was a console exclusive for them? But it's going to be on Xbox as well.

If they said something along the lines of "we've got more in the works that aren't ready to show", can't the same be said for the Xbox side as well? It's not like 2014 won't have a number of games for both systems as well.

WAIT! They didn't mention OTHER CONSOLES on a Xbox One EVENT! No way!..... seriously....

Other than the 20 that Yosh said that weren't far enough along for them to show?

And if that had been MS your argument would be "They don't exist" or "YEah they just panicked and started developing them now and 15 of them are arcade games"

of course if they're not far enough to show that means they won't be 2014 games, likely not 2015 games in most cases either.

WAIT! They didn't mention OTHER CONSOLES on a Xbox One EVENT! No way!..... seriously....

And if that had been MS your argument would be "They don't exist" or "YEah they just panicked and started developing them now and 15 of them are arcade games"

of course if they're not far enough to show that means they won't be 2014 games, likely not 2015 games in most cases either.

They said coming in the first year of PS4.

None of the developers at the Sony conferences mentioned when their multiplatform game would also be on the Xbox, is Sony being "deceitful" as well?

• Like 2

if the game was 1,5 years away they would have something to show off. so these games are either going to be "delayed" or they're going to be arcade games, or their multiplatform titles from other devs they didn't have a a deal to show off on their stage, so it wasn't that they didn't have anything to show, they couldn't.

either way they're being deceitful.

if you thnk a game goes from "nothing to show" to release ready in 18 months, I got a bridge to sell you.

None of the developers at the Sony conferences mentioned when their multiplatform game would also be on the Xbox, is Sony being "deceitful" as well?

I think so, especially for ESO. They were doing their best to try to make it look like it was a PS4 exclusive.

As opposed to Microsoft showing off a load of exclusive CG trailers?

They had a lot of in game footage.

--

Anyway, did you guys see the Halo 5 teaser? Holy crap, I'm stoked. John made Cortana's data chip into a necklace. :D

As opposed to Microsoft showing off a load of exclusive CG trailers?

Some of it was live some of it was pre-rendered from the game. not sure you know what CG means. generally everything is pre-recorded at such events to avoid glitches.

Some of it was live some of it was pre-rendered from the game. not sure you know what CG means. generally everything is pre-recorded at such events to avoid glitches.

Apart from Battlefield 4 which crashed, lol.

Sony trashed Microsoft's conference. Showing what gamers really want. The cheering from the crowd as they announced the no used games restrictions said it all. So in summary, PS4 is cheaper for a more powerful console, allows you to play offline, allows you to own your games, doesnt force you to buy a motion controller you dont want and is primarily a games console first and foremost. I find it hilarious that people are still defending Microsoft. Enjoy having your rights trampled into the dust. Any real gamer would avoid the xbox one like the plague.

It's clear the rumours were true then, Microsoft developed the cloud as a means of DRM, not that the publishers were pushing Microsoft to do it or PS4 would have DRM as well.

I think people take in-game cutscenes for granted or something. They're not pre-rendered CG like we used to get back in the PSX, PS2, Xbox etc where games from Square had great looking CG videos between average looking in-game. With the 360 and PS3 more and more games just render cut scenes in-game, using in-game assets. Some of the effects might be bumped up a bit because at that time in the game the system/engine isn't rendering as much on screen like in the full game level itself but it's still in-game and in real-time.

Sony trashed Microsoft's conference. Showing what gamers really want. The cheering from the crowd as they announced the no used games restrictions said it all. So in summary, PS4 is cheaper for a more powerful console, allows you to play offline, allows you to own your games, doesnt force you to buy a motion controller you dont want and is primarily a games console first and foremost. I find it hilarious that people are still defending Microsoft. Enjoy having your rights trampled into the dust. Any real gamer would avoid the xbox one like the plague.

I only care about playing games I enjoy (Halo for example) and the games I enjoy are on Xbox. Used games and the other stuff doesn't matter to me anyway.

I only care about playing games I enjoy (Halo for example) and the games I enjoy are on Xbox. Used games and the other stuff doesn't matter to me anyway.

Playing Halo 7 is worth giving up your consumer rights? Some people really will buy anything.

Playing Halo 7 is worth giving up your consumer rights? Some people really will buy anything.

I'm not you, I don't see it the way you do. I want to continue to enjoy stories that I've grown to love and there is no freaking way I would drop the Halo series after Halo 4. I'm too invested in the story to let it go without knowing how the Reclaimer story will end or if we'll see Cortana again.

heh, consumer rights... on a playstation... good one. tell me how many got their YLOD's and dead lasers fixed on the 5-6 year mandatory production warranty(Reclamation) in europe. Sony is as good as following the consumer laws as Apple.

Moving to digital games, which all of you wanted to happen before MS did it, has nothing to do with your consumer rights. digital products have their own consumer rights that have to be followed. and I'd rather take ll the benefits of MS system over disk juggling scratch prone disks. heck I'd take it just for the convenience especially as a household with more than one console in multiple floors.

When did people forget that Sony lost millions of millions of passwords and CC details? Seriously when did that happen? When did people loose their stable internet connections in their homes? Why do people want to buy all these new shiny games on console and then lend them out to their freaking friends which will also have the same games?

**** me, the internet.