Photo

Microsoft E3 - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

official xbox one microsoft xbox

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

Poll: Microsoft E3 - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Will you be watching/reading live?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What is your general impression pre-conference?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What is your general impression post-conference?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#226 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:26

Pre-Ordered :D

#227 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 11 June 2013 - 15:35

It is true, everything CBoaT said was true, World of Tanks coming to 360, Mirrors Edge 2 would be revealed, PS4 would have no DRM, Microsoft would not mention DRM, every multiplatform game at the conference never even mentioned PS4, even MGS5 one of the biggest PLAYSTATION franchises neglected to mention.

So how much did Sony pay to Bungie, Activision, Ubisoft for not mentioning XBox 360/One at the Sony conference?

Anyway, did you guys see the Halo 5 teaser? Holy crap, I'm stoked. John made Cortana's data chip into a necklace. :D

That was unexpected...emo John, lol. :laugh:

#228 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 11 June 2013 - 16:45

Generally underwhelmed by both. I think my plan stands. I have an xbox, with gold expired, I'll buy a discount PS3 superslim and adapter to use xbox controller with it, but games I want to play at discount (Uncharted series, Last of Us, Jak Daxter Series, GoW series) and let my PC be next gen for a couple years.

Any thoughts of next gen owning PCs can be dismissed now. Don't do much multiplayer but as long as I can use Netflix on PS3 for free I'm good.

The most exciting game for me was the Indie Abe's Odyssey HD remake which is coming to all platforms. First on PS4, but I'll wait for the PC version.

#229 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

Posted 11 June 2013 - 18:01

http://www.polygon.c...r-own-drm-terms
http://kotaku.com/th...-game-512643240
--
FF and KH3 are on Xbox which is awesome!

#230 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 11 June 2013 - 18:44

--

Well, they said they believe in their current model, were they actually don't use any kind of limitation for their games, it's up to the publisher to put DRM (and the consumer to buy or not to buy that) note how DIFFERENT is this from the current approach of xbox 1, were the public would indeed buy and still wouldn't avoid the limitation on used games.

#231 SuperJediMedia

SuperJediMedia

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:03

Because it's human nature I guess, fans of one have to argue with fans of another and so on.

NO. Because people are on a limited budget and can't afford both! Not everyone can get both. For many, it's either Xbox or PS but can't both!

The Xbox One exclusives right now are NOT really that awesome, plain and simple! Unlike their glory old days!

I don't know what games some of you liked, but they are too derivative, not good games at all!

#232 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:35

NO. Because people are on a limited budget and can't afford both! Not everyone can get both. For many, it's either Xbox or PS but can't both!

The Xbox One exclusives right now are NOT really that awesome, plain and simple! Unlike their glory old days!

I don't know what games some of you liked, but they are too derivative, not good games at all!

Yet again you are stating your opinion as fact. If you don't think the Xbox exclusives look awesome, that's fine, but that doesn't mean that other people can't possibly think they are awesome. Get real.

#233 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:15

--

Wait, where did you hear about FF and KH3? I know it was said the new FF14 MMO is just for PS4, not that I care about that at all though. But they didn't say anything about FF15 which left it open to be on Xbox as well. I thought KH3 was exclusive to PS4 though?

#234 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:22

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to stay connected; it's called Xbox 360" - Don Mattrick, Microsoft's President of Interactive Entertainment Business

This kind of arrogance is going to be their undoing.

#235 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:28

Wait, where did you hear about FF and KH3? I know it was said the new FF14 MMO is just for PS4, not that I care about that at all though. But they didn't say anything about FF15 which left it open to be on Xbox as well. I thought KH3 was exclusive to PS4 though?

Here:
http://www.ign.com/a...mes-to-xbox-one
http://www.ign.com/a...ing-to-xbox-one

Sony tried to 'hint' and play that these games (including Destiny) was going to be Sony exclusive, but that wasn't the case.

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to stay connected; it's called Xbox 360" - Don Mattrick, Microsoft's President of Interactive Entertainment Business

This kind of arrogance is going to be their undoing.

And... I personally have no issue with what he said. You really hate MS don't you? Oh well, I'll still be getting one because they make great games like Halo. I'll get Sony because they made great games too. And I'll continue to play games on my PC.

#236 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:28

By "hint", do you mean "showed off at their conference"?

Unless they said only on, or exclusively on then it is safe to assume it's not Playstation only.

#237 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:36

Unless they said only on, or exclusively on then it is safe to assume it's not Playstation only.

by the way, I thought we were going to see the graphical prowess of your favorite console? things looked pretty underwhelming,with massive freezes and bad framerate issues.

#238 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:42

Wow freezes and framerate issues on games that aren't out till 2014?

XB1 frame rate wasn't exactly stable.

#239 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:08

Well, once again it comes down to exclusives, with the new FF and KH3 also multiplatform I have a few less reasons to get a PS4 now though I still plan to later on. Seems all the good stuff is in 2014 anyways so no rush for it. I still plan on playing a number of current gen titles, new Assassins Creed, new Batman etc.

#240 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 12 June 2013 - 13:55

So when MS did it, that's basically "They said it was exclusive even though it wasn't". when Sony did the same thing it wasn't even a "hint" that it was exclusive. ;)