Microsoft E3 - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching/reading live?

2. 2. What is your general impression pre-conference?

• Waiting for E3
    • Like what I've seen/heard so far
    • Don't like what I've seen/heard
  3. 3. What is your general impression post-conference?

• Buying on day 1
    • Like it but won't buy on day 1
    • Don't like it but may buy eventually
    • Hate it

You must have missed the majority of the conference ;) heck I only got the last part and got more than that :)

Just ignore him. MS could have shat out a gold brick and he'd complain.

I liked how Forza is going to use the cloud. Perhaps a good example of how other games could use it.

Least they hit us with game after game but still at the end of it, i felt there could have been more games :laugh: I think this is because they were only showing first party exclusives.

You can see a from a few games they were originally meant for current gen. Dead Rising 3 and Titan Fall spring to mind.

Price wise was about what i expected. I expect the PS4 to be a similar price. I can't see it being dramatically more expensive/cheaper.

Dead Rising 3 wouldn't have been possible on current gen. the graphical quality may seems like current gen, but it's a step beyond that. But more importantly you're forgetting the scale of the game, a full city with no loading and you can pretty much see the whole city when you stand on a building.

Just ignore him. MS could have shat out a gold brick and he'd complain.

These games they showed are horrible! If you were not disappointed, you are probably a FPS lover and would play any FPS they come out with....

I don't know what happened to Microsoft. They used to have better games on Xbox AND Xbox 360 than PS3. Now they don't anymore!

• Like 1

Wondered how long it would take before you try and defend them. Considering the specs of the box 499/429 is offensive.

I merely explained why the pound price is what it is, but it's nice to see you're grown up enough to attack me for any little thing.

and if you think the price is offensive, then don't buy it, and keep quiet. seriously you're not contributing anything but hate in here. And considering the specs and hardware. it's a fair price. They're just not giving it away at a loss, as there's no reason for it.

I merely explained why the pound price is what it is, but it's nice to see you're grown up enough to attack me for any little thing.

and if you think the price is offensive, then don't buy it, and keep quiet. seriously you're not contributing anything but hate in here. And considering the specs and hardware. it's a fair price. They're just not giving it away at a loss, as there's no reason for it.

He should keep quiet but you shouldn't? Typical from you thinking your opinion is the only one that matters.

On the price: remember, US prices don't include sales tax (since it varies between states). UK prices do, which adds an immediate 20%.

(Edit: apologies, Hawkman already said this. Somehow missed that.)

These games they showed are horrible! If you were not disappointed, you are probably a FPS lover and would play any FPS they come out with....

I don't know what happened to Microsoft. They used to have better games on Xbox AND Xbox 360 than PS3. Now they don't anymore!

Just proves my point. And for the record I hate FPS and Halo 4 is the biggest POS that I've played in a long time.

I'm taking a wait and see approach to both consoles. Whichever one gets the RPGs is the one that I'm going with.

Strangely the most interesting title shown to me is Below. Followed closely by Sunset Overdrive. I'm interested in the new KI since i was a fan back when i was a teen but i have my doubt that they can recapture what made KI great. Part of what made KI so great was the awesome gfx and hearing the announcer scream FLAWWWLLLLESSSS VICTORRYYYYYYYY, PERFECT loud in the arcade in a time where voice in a game was not a common thing. The gfx in the demo are not good enough to hide all the flaws KI had so the flaws will need to be corrected and i'm not sure about it.

Ryse and Titanfall were both meh to me. Great gfx but the gameplay doesn't look all that fun. If i buy a One i'll surely play them but they wont influence me when it will be the time to decide between a PS4 and a One.

My problem with this press conf is the same problem i had with the 360. Shooters, shooters and more shooters. I'm glad MS did not focus on BF4 and Ghost too much but lot of the game presented were still shooters. Witcher 3 will be multiplatform. Project Sparks is an ambitious project but i have my doubt about the end result specially if the game is sold at 60$ and rely on the community for content. The game will need to ship with an interesting campaign to justify the price (if it's sold at 60$) before user made content kicks in. Also i wonder if the user made content will be sold or free.

I wish a little bit more rpg and adventure games would have been shown (my 2 favorite genres on console i usually play shooters on PC). We did not see enough of Quantum Break it is a missed opportunity imo i hope we'll see more of it on the floor.

Still an interesting press conf. I'm glad MS did not focus on Kinect and TV. But there's still things that need to be adressed about the always connected Kinect and used games market. The ball is in Sony camp.

I think the only people who would like it are the drones who haven't been gaming on the xbox very long so don't remember the variety that it used to offer. The line up of games was so weak and they had to show a lot of 3rd party titles says it all really. Oh don't worry they trotted out ANOTHER Halo.
  • Like 1

RPG or Adventure wins me.

I like Quantum Break, I really do, but if that's the only game I am not in a hurry yet LOL

BTW, was there a Rare game, I am not sure. Xbox 360 had a couple Rare games at launch. And, Rare is a QUALITY studio.

Yes there is a reason for consoles to be sold at a loss, to sell more consoles, which sells more games which MS/Sony make $$ off of. $500 is stupid for a console, Should be $399.

RPG or Adventure wins me.

I like Quantum Break, I really do, but if that's the only game I am not in a hurry yet LOL

BTW, was there a Rare game, I am not sure. Xbox 360 had a couple Rare games at launch. And, Rare is a QUALITY studio.

Killer Instinct.

Yes there is a reason for consoles to be sold at a loss, to sell more consoles, which sells more games which MS/Sony make $$ off of. $500 is stupid for a console, Should be $399.

Consoles are sold at a loss to compete with the competitions price, that's the ONLY reason. Sony apparently won't sell at a loss, heck they can't really afford it, and then there's no reason for MS to do it.

Only games that looked interesting to me was Metal Gear Solid: V, Dark Souls II, Battlefield 4, Titanfall, and the TwitchTV deal.

However, MGS:V and Dark Souls II aren't exclusive, BF4 just has a timed exclusive on DLC, and Titanfall will supposedly be on PC too.

Twitch is up in the air as it stands, but despite all of it, I don't feel like there is any tie for me in the Xbox One at all.

Dead Rising 3 is more zombies and didn't look overly impressive.

Ryse had way too many time-slowing quick time events that I just facepalmed to.

Some game from Black Tusk which hadpretty much had nothing to show...

Kinect Sports being two categories of awful combined (my opinion).

World of Tanks they made look so good but I've played it before, and the combat is nowhere near that fast and fluid.

Quantum Break I didn't see enough of to determine anything.

The Witcher 3 looked good but non-exclusive from what I can tell.

Project Spark looks interesting, but not groundbreaking.

I couldn't help but hold my head every time they mentioned Smart Glass because I just can't see kids or adults stopping their game to grab their phone or tablet and start using it with the game their playing. It feels like a secondary controller which just seems off-putting. I'm not a fan of the Wii U, but at least their screen controller would make much more sense to use, or otherwise, if you were playing on the PS Vita with remote play of sorts. I'm not exactly sure how the Smart Glass will play out realistically amongst gamers. :ermm:

I'm kind of disappointed by all this, though still pretty psyched about Metal GeaRed Redemption, having lost interest in the series previously. I have to hand it to Kojima; he knows what he's doing apparently, and also Keifer Sutherland as Snake sounded great. Like an older Snake, without that nasty throatcancer sound.

Oh! And Killer Instinct I'm not sure what to make of seeing how little was shown of it. The animations looked rather choppy so I'm not sure how early/late in the stage of development the game is.

I realize I sound rather jaded, but I guess I was just expecting more from Microsoft.

As for the price... I'm not sure what to say at that. Kind of expected that, but was really hoping we could see it at $399. The ball is in Sony's court now so we'll have to see what price they drop their console at.

Consoles are sold at a loss to compete with the competitions price, that's the ONLY reason. Sony apparently won't sell at a loss, heck they can't really afford it, and then there's no reason for MS to do it.

It might be one of the reasons, but certainly loss leading for profit off game sales is part of it.

I think the only people who would like it are the drones who haven't been gaming on the xbox very long so don't remember the variety that it used to offer. The line up of games was so weak and they had to show a lot of 3rd party titles says it all really. Oh don't worry they trotted out ANOTHER Halo.

Uh, most games throughout PS and Xbox history are third party. You know third party means 'not made by Sony/MS' right? There's nothing wrong with showing third party games - they can be exclusives and unique, just the same as first party games.

I will admit the MGS opening was pretty slick. However I felt like a lot of it was pretty run of the mill. Mech/Army FPS Games, Zombie games. To me the most interesting thing out of all of it was Spark.

This E3 is Sonys to lose, if they can denounce DRM and come in at a price that's under XB1 they are winners.

Got sick of how many times people said ".......can only be done with the power of Xbox One", it's such BS all of those games didn't look anything special, some of them looked like they could be on 360.

I think the new drive-avatar in FM5 looked most interesting to me. The "cloud AI" part sounds awesome if it actually works. :) Although I agree, most games just looked graphically (effects + scale) better and nothing special. I am sick of zombies games, they need to stop.

Seriously? No Kameo 2? Or Conker Bad Fur Next-Gen?

Microsoft is dumb to not do sequels for these!!!

I think more games will be announces at GamesCon, probably keeping some for future shows?

Pretty sure its not being made by Rare.

Rare are making a new Kinect sports game lol.

Would be interesting putting these next-gen KI graphics next to all the old KIs and see which one gamers prefer. O.o

I'm surprised no Gears game. At all. All the exclusives sucked. ugh...

They may be saving it as an Ace in case their reveals aren't so great.

. I am sick of zombies games, they need to stop.

Variety you know. some people are tired of them, but others want them. and they offer a sort of gameplay people like, zombie games have been with us since the NES and before and that won't change. It looks more interesting than the Last DR game which I liked but never finished.

not going to be the first game I pick up though.

Variety you know. some people are tired of them, but others want them. and they offer a sort of gameplay people like, zombie games have been with us since the NES and before and that won't change. It looks more interesting than the Last DR game which I liked but never finished.

not going to be the first game I pick up though.

zombies, aliens, soldiers, etc - doesnt make a difference to me. Gameplay/storyline etc can pull a game off no matter what the "enemy" is. Was a huge fan of the first Dead Rising but never got into the 2nd. World type gameplay seems good and if they pull off the no load times then it should make for a fun game.

Only games that looked interesting to me was Metal Gear Solid: V, Dark Souls II, Battlefield 4, Titanfall, and the TwitchTV deal.

From what i know of Twitch it's mostly girls showing their breasts while playing games.