PlayStation's E3 Press Conference Tonight at 6PM Pacific/9PM Eastern

Do they allow paying by the month? If so, I can easily see myself paying for this month at the release of a great game on PS+, then not purchasing it the next month if I don't like the next game they put up or something.

As it stands, this would be much cheaper compared to returning to an MMO only to find minimal changes.

They don't currently offer monthly, either 3 months or 12 months, but because pay to play online is now a thing they will probably offer a monthly subscription.

I'm paid up till Feb 2014 and will probably buy another year or two just in case the price goes up.

So $60 a year to play online for the ps4 then. I get my xbl for $35.

This is quite interesting how so many people said things like they'd never pay to play online but now it's like it doesn't evenmatter to them.

XBLG is ?32.99, PS+ is ?39.99 for year. You get free games with PS+, something Microsoft tried to copy but it seems they are only doing 2 free 360 games a month UNTIL XB1 launches.

Now you also get free games to keep with XBLG.

I suppose but it's only running till November and they won't be giving you free XB1 games. PS+ gives you fairly modern games, the first two games you get from XBLG are 4 and 6 years old and there's a good chance of them giving you Gaikai streaming as part of PS+.

I seem to remember Hawkman saying that Microsoft is a software company and that the DRM will work without a hitch and that PS4 will scramble to keep up and its DRM will and will be a huge **** up. Hahahaha.

?349, play used games, rent games, sell games, no online check, PS3 backwards compatibility through cloud, PS+ with free game a month, I think Sony just won E3.

Very disappointed about the fact that playing online is behind a paywall now, but at least they won't put all their premium apps behind it like Microsoft do with Gold. But as I will be buying PS+ anyway I can live with it.

Interesting. I remember you were going on how much the ps4 was 50% more powerful but where is it cause I didn't see it. Plus was it you who said you would never pay go play?

So your only rebuttal is "omg I can't see the difference", no mention of price, DRM , etc.. personally I thought PS4 games looked a lot better than the stuff they showed at XB1.

I don't pay to play online, I pay for PS+ to get the free games and cloud saving, online play comes as part of PS+ so it's a non-issue for me.

Were thinking about Steam, Origin and Uplay?

I was thinking more along the lines of SimCity, Diablo 3, whatever Ubisoft used a while ago. I try to avoid Steam and similar clients too, which beside the DRM, have the good old 1$=1? policy. This is the reason GOG gets most of my business.

Even using the game clients as examples of successful DRM, they are not as draconian, because, as far as I'm aware, you can put them in offline mode.

So your only rebuttal is "omg I can't see the difference", no mention of price, DRM , etc.. personally I thought PS4 games looked a lot better than the stuff they showed at XB1.

I don't pay to play online, I pay for PS+ to get the free games and cloud saving, online play comes as part of PS+ so it's a non-issue for me.

Wasn't a rebuttal was just curious what happened to the 50% more power that you were so adamantly hotheaded about, But down to the wire it really doesn't make much of a difference, so I guess we can agree that the Xbox has somethingmore ggoing on under the hood than meets the eye right?

Not to mention price? But the Xbox had way more features and guaranteed 2 free games each month starting next month.

DRM? I can share games and my games come with me wherever I go, all of them.

100$ difference for the more features I get?

Wasn't a rebuttal was just curious what happened to the 50% more power that you were so adamantly hotheaded about, But down to the wire it really doesn't make much of a difference, so I guess we can agree that the Xbox has somethingmore ggoing on under the hood than meets the eye right?

Not to mention price? But the Xbox had way more features and guaranteed 2 free games each month starting next month.

DRM? I can share games and my games come with me wherever I go, all of them.

100$ difference for the more features I get?

picard-facepalm2.jpg

You can't see the difference so you make the massive leap in logic that there is more going on under the hood.

Only an Xbox fan can spin the high cost, drm, weak sauce hardware, weak games as a positive.

I seem to remember Hawkman saying that Microsoft is a software company and that the DRM will work without a hitch and that PS4 will scramble to keep up and its DRM will and will be a huge **** up. Hahahaha.

?349, play used games, rent games, sell games, no online check, PS3 backwards compatibility through cloud, PS+ with free game a month, I think Sony just won E3.

Very disappointed about the fact that playing online is behind a paywall now, but at least they won't put all their premium apps behind it like Microsoft do with Gold. But as I will be buying PS+ anyway I can live with it.

Wait so all the cloud latency issues will magically disappear with gaikai?

Only an Xbox fan can spin the high cost, drm, weak sauce hardware, weak games as a positive.

I agree with other points but weak games? From what I read Sony came short on games compared to MS.

Where did I say that?

I have played games on OnLive and Gaikai, the video quality wasn't amazing and there was a little input lag but games were perfectly playable. It's something XB1 doesn't have, the ability to play older games.

Lol pretty funny. I heard people said it crashed onstage (I personally didn't see it) but thatwwould beccrazy if true. Sounds like your console of choice is having issues just months away away from launch. Let's see how that plays out.

Yawn, another feeble attempt. Did you not watch the XB1 conference?

They said everything was running on dev kits and they had audio issues all the way through the conference and Battlefield 4 crashed hard and it took them a good 5 minutes to sort it out.

Where did I say that?

I have played games on OnLive and Gaikai, the video quality wasn't amazing and there was a little input lag but games were perfectly playable. It's something XB1 doesn't have, the ability to play older games.

Um, That's not backwards compatibility.

Where did I say that?

When you argued that cloud support on XB1 was just a gimmick.

I never said it was a gimmick, I said they can't use it in a meaningful way like boosting graphics. Gaikai is just for streaming games not cloud processing.

I never said it was a gimmick, I said they can't use it in a meaningful way like boosting graphics. Gaikai is just for streaming games not cloud processing.

So? You foresee issue with partially usage of the cloud but none with full cloud based rendering? And you call others fanboy?

• Like 1

You are confused, Gaikai is rendering the game and streaming it as a mid quality video stream over the internet. Xbox One is going to use the cloud as a processor there is no way it can connect to a game engine being rendered locally and render graphics in realtime.

What "features" are those? DRM?

$100 cheaper, no DRM, PS+ gives you free PS4 games from launch. Those are the only "features" I need.

What's funny is that I'm coming up with features while ur coming up with nothing. Lol anyway

You do?

Features like DRM, 24 hr online checks, mandatory kinect, $100 higher price...

Those features?

• Like 2

You are confused, Gaikai is rendering the game and streaming it as a mid quality video stream over the internet. Xbox One is going to use the cloud as a processor there is no way it can connect to a game engine being rendered locally and render graphics in realtime.

Am I really?

FM5 says you are wrong.