PlayStation's E3 Press Conference Tonight at 6PM Pacific/9PM Eastern

Games Score

Must own Xbox One exclusive: Maybe 1 (Quantum Break)

Must own PS4 exclusive: 1 (Kingdom Hearts 3)

Must own Xbox 360 exclusive: 0 (NONE)

Must own PS3 exclusive: 2 (The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls)

I didn't see the crash. Got a bit bored so stopped watching. I'm checking around but can't find it anywhere.

I guess Sony having software issues then.....or maybe hardware issues

Demonstration starts at 1:35 mark (crash around hour 39)

I was much more of an Xbox and Xbox 360 gamer since 2001, but the times have changed. Sony's conference has sealed it for me, I will get a PS4.

Sony has given gamers what they want: No DRM restrictions, solid games, no online requirement, no ps eye mandatory install, and a very aggressive price at $399. I don't see any way that they don't have great success with the PS4.

Gamers can now rejoice! :)

I would bet that $400 is Sony's last minute decision, They would go for higher but then realized they don't have as many exclusives as Microsoft did. And, it's debatable if any of MS's exclusives are any good at this point.

Amazon's Xbox One pre-orders probably had them worried.

Judging by the responses: After Sony announced $400 price, MOST people/media say they won!

That 2.4% lead ain't gonna hold.... Please!

So $60 a year to play online for the ps4 then. I get my xbl for $35.

This is quite interesting how so many people said things like they'd never pay to play online but now it's like it doesn't evenmatter to them.

It's hard not to be excited about all this. I totally thought that after seeing the hardware comparisons all over the place that given the X1's price point, we were all going to be boned for the next generation. For Sony to hit the $399 mark, and pretty much give Microsoft a lashing at the "always on", used game, and what not... I think Sony exceeded my expectations of them by far, as I was sure they'd shoot themselves in the foot somehow.

They weren't even shy about milking the crap out of the scorching they gave Microsoft either. Exclusives come, exclusives go, Microsoft had very little of it to begin with as did Sony. I personally just wanted to see a high quality gaming machine come out, and that's what they went for. I do really like that they're hitting home with the Indie devs, as that will be huge.

I'll probably sell my laptop for the PS4 considering they're worth about the same price. (and that I'm cheap haha)

2.4% ahead is nothing. Specially in one of the XBox dominating country.

Since when UK is an Xbox dominated country? The only country dominated by Xbox is US. In Europe playstation is the king, like in Asia.

I still firmly believe indie games are going to explode in the next generation, and the PS4 clearly has the upper hand there.

I do really like that they're hitting home with the Indie devs, as that will be huge.

I don't think we have seen Microsoft's complete hand about Indie devs. Build 2013 should reveal more.

I would bet that $400 is Sony's last minute decision, They would go for higher but then realized they don't have as many exclusives as Microsoft did. And, it's debatable if any of MS's exclusives are any good at this point.

I'm sure it was last minute, but more of a reaction to MS's price. Unless MS released at $299, I bet they were always going to come in $100 under.

I don't think we have seen Microsoft's complete hand about Indie devs. Build 2013 should reveal more.

Absolutely. And with a PC ecosystem to back those indie games (they could be Windows 8 + Windows RT + Windows Phone compatible too with very little work needed to port), I think it's silly to think Sony has the upper hand here.

You means like later on gamers will complain why Sony said no DRM, but game publishers require them?

You have to feel sorry for MS, all that effort they put into the DRM, only to become the butt of all jokes.

You means like later on gamers will complain why Sony said no DRM, but game publishers require them?

Still a lot easier to swallow than hardware DRM. With MS every single game is guaranteed to have it.

No, screw that. I'm a PC gamer first, and if I can use my wallet not to pay for Blizzard's Diablo mess or EA's atrocities, so can they. I really wish people would stop acting like they need this game or that game. No one "needs" any games, quit wasting your money on gimped piles of garbage and maybe, just maybe, they'll stop making it.

I'm sure it was last minute, but more of a reaction to MS's price. Unless MS released at $299, I bet they were always going to come in $100 under.

It's interesting whenever some people mention undercutting, as it's too often used as a tool for slamming the company who's doing the undercutting. As consumers, we should be praising this behavior, not taking sides. (not saying that you're doing any of the sort, but just sharing an observation I've seen from some diehard fans)

Still a lot easier to swallow than hardware DRM. With MS every single game is guaranteed to have it.

Yeah, except when the developers/publishers will see that as the result of that DRM there's more sales on Xbox One and will get more games on that console, because it gives them more money as they don't lose it for rental services, piracy and friends sharing among each other

I seem to remember Hawkman saying that Microsoft is a software company and that the DRM will work without a hitch and that PS4 will scramble to keep up and its DRM will and will be a huge **** up. Hahahaha.

?349, play used games, rent games, sell games, no online check, PS3 backwards compatibility through cloud, PS+ with free game a month, I think Sony just won E3.

Very disappointed about the fact that playing online is behind a paywall now, but at least they won't put all their premium apps behind it like Microsoft do with Gold. But as I will be buying PS+ anyway I can live with it.

I seem to remember Hawkman saying that Microsoft is a software company and that the DRM will work without a hitch and that PS4 will scramble to keep up and its DRM will and will be a huge **** up. Hahahaha.

?349, play used games, rent games, sell games, no online check, PS3 backwards compatibility through cloud, PS+ with free game a month, I think Sony just won E3.

Very disappointed about the fact that playing online is behind a paywall now, but at least they won't put all their premium apps behind it like Microsoft do with Gold. But as I will be buying PS+ anyway I can live with it.

I was thinking the same thing.

The MS apologists can eat some crow now. All we kept hearing was how Sony was for sure going to have DRM.

MS is either going to backpedal now or stay the course and lose.

Do they allow paying by the month? If so, I can easily see myself paying for this month at the release of a great game on PS+, then not purchasing it the next month if I don't like the next game they put up or something.

As it stands, this would be much cheaper compared to returning to an MMO only to find minimal changes.

because it gives them more money as they don't lose it for rental services, piracy and friends sharing among each other.

This must be the reason why the gaming world is filled with so many DRM success stories.