PlayStation's E3 Press Conference Tonight at 6PM Pacific/9PM Eastern

Crapware doesnt count.

Plus weren't half of those from promotions?

dude you can say crapware all you want, I had fun playing those games with my friends and girl. that's what counts to me. I don't need someone else's approval to validate what I want. you asked what free games, I told you what free games. you tried to say there there's no free games but there are and I've played them along with many of my friends and enjoyed them. simple as that.

Excellent looking does NOT equate great gameplay!

That would apply to both camps as well as every game ever shown before release, now wouldn't it? :|

dude you can say crapware all you want, I had fun playing those games with my friends and girl. that's what counts to me. I don't need someone else's approval to validate what I want. you asked what free games, I told you what free games. you tried to say there there's no free games but there are and I've played them along with many of my friends and enjoyed them. simple as that.

Right on man. That's actually why I'm more interested in Sony this time around though; those indie titles actually looked quite interesting. I'm glad at least one console is pushing for indie devs.

We still need to see what Microsoft plans to do at their build conference I think, not sure when that is though. Hopefully it means something good regarding game devs and not just stupid generic app support.

what issue are you talking about?

The X360 has a list of what they call "essentials". One of which is that you can't sell a game on XBLA without a publisher. It can be anyone that you like/can strike a deal with, EA, Ubi or of course MGS. If you can't find a publisher, your only option is to then sell your game via XBL Indie Games. Those also have restrictions which seperate them from XBLA releases, i.e no achievements, limited pricing options etc.

I think the issues AB is referring to is that when developers chose to publish with MS they also asked for exclusivity or other design changes be made. So the big examples are Limbo, Fez, Splunky in recent years where MS either completely locked a game from ever releasing on another console (Bastion & PS3), or it's timed exclusive (those I mentioned above).

They also sometimes ask that if a game is going to be multiplatform that they can't offer less than the other platform versions. You see that with Joe Danger 1 when it was ported to XBLA & the huge content update PS3 owners never had. But if you release on XBLA first you can do what you like on other platforms, i.e Joe Danger 2's 6hrs extra (?) content.

games like Aegis wing, happy wars, Doritos crash course 1 and 2, hexic, harms way and some others I had downloaded and played.

Don't confuse F2P with advertising ;)

Hexic wasn't F2P. It was simply included on the HDD of all new 360s. I'm not even sure it is included any more? Either way, if you delete it you weren't able to redownload it for free (I have a niggling feeling they changed that eventually but not for years).

The 360 is adding more F2P games but not quite on the same scale Sony are doing with Dust 514 or even Planetside 2/Warframe for the PS4. It seems the Xbox One will also have some F2P games but they've kept it quiet so far. Only one I know of is TES Online.

Originally the 360 was also going to have quite a few MMOs too, but either the games fell through or they could never negotiate with Microsoft on how the online paywall would work. 2 of the big ones being Tribes Ascend and Huxley.

Right on man. That's actually why I'm more interested in Sony this time around though; those indie titles actually looked quite interesting. I'm glad at least one console is pushing for indie devs.

We still need to see what Microsoft plans to do at their build conference I think, not sure when that is though. Hopefully it means something good regarding game devs and not just stupid generic app support.

I like what Microsoft is doing with killing off labels. I think that is the way to go. Why label something "Xbox Live Arcade" or "Indie" when all you need is "game".

It would be smart for Microsoft to use Windows 8.1 apps and games to play on Xbox one. That is what I would do, make it. Maybe add to the API features specifically for Xbox One and allow people to label it for that. Overall a solid strategy.

Change of tune I know, but I go where the games and innovation are. So far Sony are doing absolutely everything right to please gamers, developers and publishers.

24hr DRM & anti-consumer rights? No thank you. Alternatively if Microsoft back down on all these policies & do what Sony are doing, gamer's have 2 great choices this generation. The GDDR5/?350 for the PS4 still wins though (Y)

Said to AudioBoxer on Twitter that the world hasn't seen 2 "rivals" like him & I come together like this since Nintendo & SEGA :laugh: Won't ever be as active on here as I used to be, but seeing as there would be little to no anamosity between us, I see no reason to not drop in now and again.

I go where innovation and game play go too, that is why I will be purchasing Xbox one in the future. Sony blew it for me. Nothing at E3 at all and E3 is where you show your games and if you don't have many other than what I can already have on my PC, then there is nothing there to spend my money on. Also Sony is making their camera useless so the little innovation that they have is being wasted to provide an exciting PS3 experience, so no thanks.

Free to play is great, but I already have a PC and can play most of those games through steam already which is what I am doing now. The PS4 for me is a waste of money.

I go where innovation and game play go too, that is why I will be purchasing Xbox one in the future. Sony blew it for me. Nothing at E3 at all and E3 is where you show your games and if you don't have many other than what I can already have on my PC, then there is nothing there to spend my money on. Also Sony is making their camera useless so the little innovation that they have is being wasted to provide an exciting PS3 experience, so no thanks.

Free to play is great, but I already have a PC and can play most of those games through steam already which is what I am doing now. The PS4 for me is a waste of money.

Hard to argue with you on those points. I've gone back to PC gaming for the past 3 years & don't spend anywhere near as much time on the 360 as I once did.

But I have to say I'm also sick of Microsoft churning out the same sequels year after year. Halo will always be one of my favourite games ever & anyone who has been around Neowin for long enough knows my roots on that console and the original Xbox. I know I'm not included in the "casual" majority demographic of gaming, but I'm sick of the Halo/Forza/CoD/BF/GoW/AC etc yearly installments and have been for a long time. Sure they have some small redeeming qualities but games like Watch_Dogs and The Division are what I'm after. New IP is the most exciting prospect for both consoles for me and I have nothing bad to say about either console's lineup so far regarding that.

On top of that I mostly play F2P/Indie games now too and if it weren't for MS striking publishing deals with the games they have, XBLA would not be any more special than what I have on Steam. In fact I can probably get the same list on Steam as my XBLA collection if I cared to rebuy them all (for a fraction of the price I might add). Trust me, I know whcih of those games Sony showed that they're just re-releasing on PS4, but the fact is they put the effort in to speak with the devs to bring them to PSN. Xbox One hasn't and they aren't helping it any by restricting self-publishing. Even Nintendo has managed it and their online offering has only been comparable for 8 months!

It'll be interesting to see how MS and Sony both handle the paywalls of XBLA/PS+ to play MP F2P games next-gen. It used to be 360 would get the cold shoulder cause MS wouldn't back down, but now Sony are charging for MP I guess it'll be easier to work it out.

As for Kinect/Move, I really couldn't care less about either so forgive me for ignoring the point you made on it ;)

Hard to argue with you on those points. I've gone back to PC gaming for the past 3 years & don't spend anywhere near as much time on the 360 as I once did.

But I have to say I'm also sick of Microsoft churning out the same sequels year after year. Halo will always be one of my favourite games ever & anyone who has been around Neowin for long enough knows my roots on that console and the original Xbox. I know I'm not included in the "casual" majority demographic of gaming, but I'm sick of the Halo/Forza/CoD/BF/GoW/AC etc yearly installments and have been for a long time. Sure they have some small redeeming qualities but games like Watch_Dogs and The Division are what I'm after. New IP is the most exciting prospect for both consoles for me and I have nothing bad to say about either console's lineup so far regarding that.

On top of that I mostly play F2P/Indie games now too and if it weren't for MS striking publishing deals with the games they have, XBLA would not be any more special than what I have on Steam. In fact I can probably get the same list on Steam as my XBLA collection if I cared to rebuy them all (for a fraction of the price I might add). Trust me, I know whcih of those games Sony showed that they're just re-releasing on PS4, but the fact is they put the effort in to speak with the devs to bring them to PSN. Xbox One hasn't and they aren't helping it any by restricting self-publishing. Even Nintendo has managed it and their online offering has only been comparable for 8 months!

It'll be interesting to see how MS and Sony both handle the paywalls of XBLA/PS+ to play MP F2P games next-gen. It used to be 360 would get the cold shoulder cause MS wouldn't back down, but now Sony are charging for MP I guess it'll be easier to work it out.

As for Kinect/Move, I really couldn't care less about either so forgive me for ignoring the point you made on it ;)

Kinect is really huge. Yes, I know that a lot of hardcore gamers don't get it. It offers a lot of opportunity with other new technologies to be in itself a game changer (no pun intended). There is a lot you can do with it besides motion control, that is what makes it very powerful.

Kinect working with other devices such as illumiroom or their HMC glasses can work together along with cloud processing (which sounds like some marketing term, but is in reality not). Lets name it server processing instead of cloud processing because people are too uptight about marketing. Not only this, but Kinect can explore how you are playing the game and adjust the game to your play style. There is a lot of potential there and I am not even sure gamers even get it. It can actually make the games better and improve on them over time as it adjusts to what you are doing and how you are reacting. Also remember that Kinect also is scanning your room in 3-D and also in the dark so it can use that to add in real-time physics and work together with augmented reality using HMC glasses.

Also, I really like the innovation on the controller with the "Direction Feedback" so that different parts of the controller can give you feedback to find things or give different feeling on the triggers.

I will watch it again because that is what I saw at EA's conference.

No, you really didn't.

Nothing crashed at EA, Assassins Creed stuttered and frozen a bit, that's all. They played Battlefield 4 right at the end with 64 people and it ran fine.

Honestly, this is ****ing insane from Sony. So much love for them right now, and all they did was keep in last-generation features. Microsoft really ****ed themselves over with the XB1. I won't be buying a PS4 day one, I'll definitely buy one when a PS4-only game comes (looking at you God of War). I'll never buy a XB1, that's for sure.

I hear some grumbling about the fee for online. Look up PS+ and what you get. Easily worth the money.

Sony you did good. Microsoft...pfffft.

Edit* Also, the pricing is very nice.

Yawn, another feeble attempt. Did you not watch the XB1 conference?

They said everything was running on dev kits and they had audio issues all the way through the conference and Battlefield 4 crashed hard and it took them a good 5 minutes to sort it out.

They had problem with BF4 in the MS press conference too. It took then around 2 minutes to start the demo. I think they got stuck in a loading screen for a while and then decided to reboot after some time cause it was not working.

24 hours phone home is bigger for lot more people than you might think.

I watched the Microsoft conference and it wasn't there. It was at the E3 conference so you are wrong, but you already knew that.

Hardly something I'd call "crashed hard". What happened in the Xbox One BF4 conference was that it didn't "load" for like 1 minute, it just staid in the BF4 splash screen (not frozen, didn't crash. It could even have happened that someone wasn't starting the game since the background was still running smooth). And it surely weren't 5 minutes, not sure how you count the time. But sureeeee!!

Excellent looking does NOT equate great gameplay!

Oh, where were you when people were discussing how 50% more porwerful the PS4 is? And how much more the awesome graphics are going to destroy the Xbox One.

Crapware doesnt count.

Plus weren't half of those from promotions?

Then why are we even arguing? It's obvious your opinion is a fact, so yeah sorry! no F2P, just crapware!

It wasn't a splash screen, it was just an animated slide.

Anyway nobody know what really happened but the fact is it took around 1 minute to start the demo ;) A theory says that it was the PC version since 1 minute is about the time the PC version of any BF game takes to load XD

Thought this was funny, from Sony roundtable

"Moving onto the gamers themselves, specifically the #PS4NoDRM campaign, Adam was actually in a meeting with Jack Tretton when it was trending, and he got on his whiteboard, putting ?here?s the world, here?s what we?re leaning towards right now, and here?s the feedback, so we?re leaning in that direction, let?s just lock it in.?"

No, you really didn't.

Nothing crashed at EA, Assassins Creed stuttered and frozen a bit, that's all. They played Battlefield 4 right at the end with 64 people and it ran fine.

I can guarantee you that AC did not stutter at all during the EA presentation.