1 hour ago, Bryan R. said:

I use it mainly to flush the baddies out from cover. Like a grenade but it can go to exactly where they are in tough spots. I have found all grenades to be underpowered against bosses but it doesn't bother me.

In challenge missions the point of grenades is not for bosses but to cc the rushers and various heavies or to get snipers out of cover. They serve their purpose well as far as that goes.

5 hours ago, randomevent said:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/93795/the-division-patch-102-notes-released-for-ps4-pc-and-xbox-one

1.02 patch notes

There're plenty of changes, but as for what was recently being spoken of

It's encouraging they are trying to address so many issues so quickly despite the fact that they caused a lot of them to being with (nerfing pc and he drop rates day 1).

Another change that I find weird is making it so once you kill named bosses in the open world they are dead and gone forever. Yes I know people are abusing them right now but making it so they never respawn at all is just weird and will make the open world outsize of the DZ completely pointless. They just need a 30 minute to 1 hour respawn timer.

Everything else looks good though.

I just wish civilians would stop dropping me greys at times.

"here's your first aid kit or food, no gimme your clothes and run off"

Game also has issues with lag when playing with a controller at times which is really annoying. since it's so much better to play with than KB/M

5 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Game also has issues with lag when playing with a controller at times which is really annoying. since it's so much better to play with than KB/M

lol. Yeah, major disappointment when they don't give you their clothes! :rofl:

16 hours ago, HawkMan said:

You forgot to put a /s at the end.

3 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

It is only slightly different really, from my time in the X1 open beta.  I wouldn't drop my KB+M unless I had carpal tunnel issues myself.

1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

Nope, the game plays better with gamepad. sure the mouse is better for sniping, but for the actual gameplay, running around, cover moves, even aiming the gun in the third person, a gamepad is just better. and the keyboard commands are just awkward and annoying. even the menus are annoying on the keyboard having the esc key all the way up there.  Also when just walking around and looting and stuff, it's just so much easier to have all the actions right there logically. 

third person shooters, specifically cover shooters are just better designed for gamepads. 

2 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Nope, the game plays better with gamepad. sure the mouse is better for sniping, but for the actual gameplay, running around, cover moves, even aiming the gun in the third person, a gamepad is just better. and the keyboard commands are just awkward and annoying. even the menus are annoying on the keyboard having the esc key all the way up there.  Also when just walking around and looting and stuff, it's just so much easier to have all the actions right there logically. 

third person shooters, specifically cover shooters are just better designed for gamepads. 

You don't have to escape out of the menus. For example you can use the "I" button to open/close your inventory or use the "O" button to open/close the group menu. That being said I would agree the menu structure is pretty bad (but not that game pad  is better). And by pretty bad I mean really bad.

You can also rebind keys to different buttons, so there is that, as well.

The only complaint I have about the keyboard is the fact that both dodge/roll and cover are bound to the space bar. I don't know if they use the same button on a game pad or not but who ever made that decision should never be put in charge of anything ever again.

4 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Everyone is entitled to their preferences..  

I use gamepad for the racing/shooting on Xbox.

I used the keyboard on the PC years ago when I was younger.  I played the shooting and racing games that time.

Some people can play games well with their keyboard. 

Some people can play games well with their gamepad.

I've now gotten to lvl30 and doing missions on challenging. I've been getting some good gear but now running into the stats bug which is pretty debilitating. I've resorted to waiting until after a mission to log out/in to ensure my comparisons are accurate... It's really frustrating that the latest patch didn't fix this since end-game is pushed solely by gear.

On 3/25/2016 at 5:15 PM, Bryan R. said:

I've now gotten to lvl30 and doing missions on challenging. I've been getting some good gear but now running into the stats bug which is pretty debilitating. I've resorted to waiting until after a mission to log out/in to ensure my comparisons are accurate... It's really frustrating that the latest patch didn't fix this since end-game is pushed solely by gear.

Here you go, flowchart for how to get geared @ level 30, surprisingly accurate:

MkRd7mh.png

Really starting to get into this now, the levelling up of side missions and encounters can get a bit repetitive but done in few hour blocks it's not so bad. I finally started venturing into the DZ expecting to be slaughtered by other players every 5 minutes but other than being killed twice early on I've not had a single problem and the combination of super high enemies and the tension of extraction I found I've really enjoyed it which came as a surprise.

One thing I really picked up on yesterday is how utterly beautiful the game can be at times, I took the two screen shots yesterday. IMO this is probably the best looking game I've played on XB1.

gxWd54j.jpg7J4JarZ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had a go at the Dark Zone today after the new patch. Within 5 minutes I encountered a rogue agent, who, when I knocked his life down to about 5% he would teleport away and then come back, rinse, repeat. That happened several times.

That was enough for me. I'm pretty over the game at this point.

Massive wants the best loot to come from the dark zone yet have done nothing to actually fix that, the best gear still comes from crafting. Enemies within the dark zone don't drop the highest level gear and so many other odd decisions make it apparent they don't know what they are doing. Maybe they'll get it sorted out in later patches but right now the game is kind of a mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny thing. Apparently the stat "Protection from Elites" on armor increases damage you take from elites not decreases it, according to reddit.

It's almost like the fine folks over at Massive don't know how to QA their own game with how many new exploits have popped up pretty much every other day and stuff like this happening.

Don't get me wrong I like the game but geez I've never seen a game released in such state before.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Are people still playing this?

I honestly got bored before the first incursion came out and I personally found the grind completely unrewarding - I could never seem to get to that "next level" in order to make the first incursion possible. Unpopular opinion time - I went back to Destiny and it's still more fun then this ever was, disappointed I paid £50 to get the gold edition, and the more updates that come out, the further behind I go and the less likely I am to play.

26 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Are people still playing this?

I honestly got bored before the first incursion came out and I personally found the grind completely unrewarding - I could never seem to get to that "next level" in order to make the first incursion possible. Unpopular opinion time - I went back to Destiny and it's still more fun then this ever was, disappointed I paid £50 to get the gold edition, and the more updates that come out, the further behind I go and the less likely I am to play.

im still playing it quite a lot, capped 30 and now DZ 34, dont spend much time in DZ tbh finding it fun fine tuning my "stats" endgame armour, just the knee pads to go :) looking like 80hours play so far. I still perform the daily missions to gain pheonix points for endgame kit. 

I've got about 60 hours gameplay - got to rank 30 and DZ rank 35. I had all yellow/gold kit but I just seemed to hit a wall with regards to the DPS/Health stats that I could not increase. 

Have you done the incursion? If so what is your DPS/Health like for a comparison? As I was led to believe my stats were on the low side for it.

19 hours ago, trag3dy said:

1.2 patch trailer:

Snip  the video

Massive devs be like "lol @ solo players"

Yeah, hijacking the extractions pretty much kills the game for me as I am a solo player.

If I cannot farm the DZ for Equipment , I cannot get set gear so I am going to end up an even easier target for the 210+ players.

10 hours ago, Skiver said:

I've got about 60 hours gameplay - got to rank 30 and DZ rank 35. I had all yellow/gold kit but I just seemed to hit a wall with regards to the DPS/Health stats that I could not increase. 

Have you done the incursion? If so what is your DPS/Health like for a comparison? As I was led to believe my stats were on the low side for it.

I did the incursion once with a very good team assembled out of nowhere in the DZ. I might have been 165 at the time.

Right now, I might be 192 because of some serious Phoenix shopping of gear set. I have a 2 piece nomad and a 2 piece sentry set with a 182 Liberator assault rifle and a 163 tactical AUG.

I spent hours getting weapons mods from the DZ to finally get something that is supposedly working. The thing is, get the Vector blueprint from the base and build some until you have the proper talents: vicious, brutal and I forgot the third one

The Vector is OP as heck with the proper mods. I would have hoped that they balance things out to make marksman rifles usable but that does not seem what is going to happen

I have 160K DPS and 90K HP but I am totally getting my derriere handed to me by rogues