34 minutes ago, Mando said:

tbh i dont think this is gonna save it.

shame as it showed much promise, but after 100hours play i just dont have the drive to revisit it, thats not good.

Nope, I don't think this will save the game. As I said this might get me back in, it might have me play for a few hours but I just don't have the time to game as much as I'd like these days so I won't be wasting too much of my time on something I know won't keep me coming back.

A friend and I jumped into Underground again last night.  I could see playing it again but the heavy focus on 4p groups doesn't work for us and the soloable mission is way too easy.

I think it's still worth playing and maybe they can save it.

• 1 month later...

The Division massive 1.4 patch is out October 25

New feature: world tiers

Upon reaching level 30, players are now able to select a World Level Tier that controls the level of enemy NPCs encountered and the quality of the loot they drop

There are a total of 4 World Level tiers:

Tier 1: enemy lvl30, gear score rewards 163

Tier 2: enemy lvl31, gear score rewards 182, unlocks Challenge difficulty, unlocks Incursions

Tier 3: enemy lvl32, gear score rewards 204

Tier 4: enemy lvl33, gear score rewards 229

Activity difficulty in a same World Tier (Normal, Hard, Challenging) will provide more rewards

Heroic Difficulty is no longer available for any game activity.

UI improvements

Added a player reporting interface for PC users.

Players now have the “mark as junk” option when equipping mods.

Players can now mark weapon and gear items as “favorites” which locks them in their inventory. Locked items cannot be sold, shared or dismantled.

Added a buyback option to vendor’s inventory. Players can now recover items they have accidentally sold.

Added Quick Nav option to vendors and menus allowing players to quickly select item types they want to display.

Weapon skins no longer take inventory space.

Equipped items are now always displayed at the top of the inventory list.

Recalibrated items now have an icon displayed next to their recalibrated stat/talent.

Crafting materials can now be converted in bulk at the Crafting Station.

Players can now deconstruct items from the Stash.

Players now have an option to find a better server if they are currently on one that is not their best option. They can do so from the Group Management menu.

Players are no longer able to open their inventory while under status effect.

Recalibration bench now opens instantly instead of waiting for watch tapping animation.

Gameplay changes

Time-to-kill enemy NPCs has been lowered.

Many improvements were made to enemy AI.

Player ammo capacity has been increased by 50% after level 30.

When matchmaking the game will now attempt to refill empty slots if the group privacy allows it.

Incendiary and Explosive Rounds will no longer apply status effects like Stagger and On Fire.

Accuracy will now be lowered for a short duration after performing a combat roll.

Added a delay between leaving a group and signing up for matchmaking.

Weapon magazines are now refilled when restocking from an ammo crate.

The crafting material drops from the Base of Operations will now reward High-End quality after level 30.

Removed scavenging from the game. Scavenging is removed as a secondary stat on all gear pieces. New gear pieces can no longer roll scavenging.

The Map indicator for Rogue players now increases in size the closer they are to the player.

Player grenade damage now scales with the current World Tier to ensure consistent efficiency against NPCs across World Tiers.

Shotgunner NPCs: their damage falloff and accuracy have been slightly reduced. This should limit their range and lower their lethality in long to mid-range combat.

Several improvements to NPC AI.

Player health will now progressively regenerate to full when out of combat.

Updated the ways NPCs react to Player Threat, now allowing players to more predictably manage enemy agro

While some of those changes look nice I can't help but feel like it's a day late and a dollar short. It's not enough to make me want to install the game again to see how it plays now.

1 minute ago, trag3dy said:

While some of those changes look nice I can't help but feel like it's a day late and a dollar short. It's not enough to make me want to install the game again to see how it plays now.

Not to say how much you would need to download as well, it not small at all :)

• 3 weeks later...

The Division: Survival looks like classic holiday fun in the snow in this reveal trailer

Tuesday, 8 November 2016 22:55 GMT By Brenna Hillier

A pulsating beat, the oppression of a white out, scarce resources and enemies on the hunt. Yes, sounds like a typical family holiday get together to me.

The Division‘s second proper expansion is called Survival, and it has players facing extreme conditions during a storm. Just the thing to make you North Americans and Europeans enjoy the looming winter.

It’s supposed to be a more hardcore take on The Division’s action gameplay, and the trailer almost gives it a stealth or horror vibe, doesn’t it? I’m kind of keen. I always felt the post-plague city wasn’t really as eerie as it ought to be.

The Division: Survival is currently live on the public test server for PC, but has not yet been dated for general release on all platforms. We do know it will come to PC and Xbox One 30 days before PS4, though.

Continues...

I loved the game but I hated the DZ with the meta builds. If they improve the SP experience with more content I'll play, but I really don't want to deal with PVP in this game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:12 AM, Skiver said:

Survival goes live today, not had a chance to try it but it could be good. I've been trying to get back into the game recently but god I suck at it.

Survival is weird.  At first I kinda ignored it but it grew on me.  It really seems like it wants you to play with friends though, so I keep sucking at it.

Can do pretty damn good runs now though.  Just not great.

6 hours ago, LostCat said:

Survival is weird.  At first I kinda ignored it but it grew on me.  It really seems like it wants you to play with friends though, so I keep sucking at it.

Can do pretty damn good runs now though.  Just not great.

That's fine, I prefer to play with friends so I don't mind it.

I really want to like this game but for a reason, I can't quite put my finger on I just don't get hooked whenever I play.

On 12/14/2016 at 9:28 AM, Skiver said:

That's fine, I prefer to play with friends so I don't mind it.

I really want to like this game but for a reason, I can't quite put my finger on I just don't get hooked whenever I play.

know the feeling mate im the same, season pass but havnt given any time to any of the dlc...makes no sense. i think when the story stopped I got bored a wee while after in mp. First couple hundred hours i loved it, so deffo worth a free whirl this weekend, itll  be a big DL iirc ill check when on the desktop.

On 16/12/2016 at 6:25 PM, Mando said:

know the feeling mate im the same, season pass but havnt given any time to any of the dlc...makes no sense. i think when the story stopped I got bored a wee while after in mp. First couple hundred hours i loved it, so deffo worth a free whirl this weekend, itll  be a big DL iirc ill check when on the desktop.

I picked the game and Season pass up for £50, I didn't get quite as many hours as you, maybe 60-70 but I'm still pretty happy with that. The trouble I had is the PVP stuff in the dark zone I was terrible at, I'm just not a great PVP player. Loved the Dark zone mechanics with extraction etc but the few times I got jumped by other players really put me off.

The First Incursion I have still yet to complete, I seemed to hit a gear level and got stuck there and could not do well enough to survive long in that tank room.

Underground I played a tiny bit, didn't seem to add much but I came back a while later to try it but I found myself in a bit of loop. It claimed I couldn't start any missions as I was under ranked but could not get my rank higher without missions!?! I know I must be doing something wrong but there isn't a lot to do down there so I couldn't work it out and got bored.

The last problem with this game is I have been properly hooked into Destiny, a similar game with loot drops, abilities/classes, grinding nature etc but that I think last time I checked I had upwards of 800 hours. Not a massive amount of time considering it's been out just over 2 years now but I've never been so hooked on a game in my life and the division just didn't do enough to keep me away.

I still haven't done any incursions yet.  DX12 is definitely good with this game on my sys, glad they got that out.

Still bonkin my way through Survival.  Haven't managed to extract yet!

• 2 months later...

The Division to Receive Two Free Expansions in Year 2

By Boston Blake

As Tom Clancy’s The Division nears its one-year mark, developer Massive is looking forward to what’s next for the cover-based shooter game. One of the most exciting plans on the horizon for The Division is the release of two free expansions for all The Division players in the game’s second year.

Speaking with Game Rant, creative director for The Division, Julian Gerighty, revealed the developer’s plan to release two free expansions for all The Division players, with the first one coming sometime this summer. Gerighty said:

“We are looking to reengage the players in light of the first year celebration for The Division by recommitting ourselves to the game in the upcoming 12 months. We will be delivering two separate expansion packs for the game free to everybody in the next 12 months.”

Continues...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 4:11 AM, Andrew said:

I would hardly call those expansion packs. 

At any rate I'm surprised they're still bothering with this game. I figured they'd be well on their way to working on the Division 2 by now.

1 minute ago, trag3dy said:

I would hardly call those expansion packs. 

At any rate I'm surprised they're still bothering with this game. I figured they'd be well on their way to working on the Division 2 by now.

They just finished the last season pass DLC (which is interesting, but not really my thing.)

I'm kind of disappointed I haven't had a chance to do the Incursions (I have the gear for it, but not the friends.  I suppose that's what matchmaking is for if you're into that, but meh.)

• 10 months later...

Just picked up a PS4 and The Division, Circaflex is my PSN name if you wanna play. I just started but luckily some co-workers helped me level to 30 pretty quick, but I still run around like a noob without a head. I actually enjoy the game so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Circaflex said:

Just picked up a PS4 and The Division, Circaflex is my PSN name if you wanna play. I just started but luckily some co-workers helped me level to 30 pretty quick, but I still run around like a noob without a head. I actually enjoy the game so far.

Since 1.8 patch the game is in the best state it has ever been. Global Event 4 is still underway until next week too FYI

THE DIVISION GLOBAL EVENTS

Global Events introduce new and challenging modifiers designed to spice up your traditional gameplay experience. Global Events will occur on a regular basis, over the course of one continuous week, and will feature a brand-new currency, Tokens, as a reward that can be spent on items such as Classified Caches. These events are designed to give a jolt to the open world of The Division by offering a new way to experience post-Green Poison NYC.

These Global Events will also offer players a chance to obtain Classified Gear, which start with a score of 256, regardless of World Tier. Players will also be able to activate additional modifiers for some missions and incursions, adding an extra layer of challenge and giving them a chance to yield more rewards.

Just now, Andrew said:

Since 1.8 patch the game is in the best state it has ever been. Global Event 4 is still underway until next week too FYI

I'm still waitin on the X1X patch personally.  But I finally got my X1 account to lvl29 and soon can get back into Underground :)

1 hour ago, Circaflex said:

Can PS4 players play with PC players?

• 1 month later...

With the announcement that The Division 2 is coming. I saw this pop up on Twitter. Good to see the first one is not being forgotten. Also Xbox One X enhancement. 

DXypfGiV4AAT4Mb.jpg:large

3 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Also Xbox One X enhancement. 

Damn about time, I figured that would show up far earlier.

I haven't given up on the game entirely but it's not something I feel the need to play either.