PS4 or Xbox One?

Xbox One or Playstation 4?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Based on what we know, which console are you looking to purchase?

So then I buy a PS4 in the future.

Really though, what ****ing difference does it make why I chose one way or the other. :s

Just thought it was odd criteria. It's an expensive outlay for a system and to buy games for it.

Just thought it was odd criteria. It's an expensive outlay for a system and to buy games for it.

Buying a system that has some games that interest me is odd?

So I should just be part of the hive mind and buy what everyone else is buying so that I can fit in? Is that what you are saying?

PS4. I've owned an Xbox (original) and a PS3 and was hoping to go back to MS this time around but man have they screwed up this release. Wow. I'm also amazed at how badly their PR team have handled the launch. Pathetic really, and very disappointing.

Either way .. MS is working on their Head Mounted Display or Aug for the mid term life cycle and Sony gets the Oculus Rift.

This is turning interesting.

How can MS compete with the Rift ....

So I should just be part of the hive mind and buy what everyone else is buying so that I can fit in? Is that what you are saying?

Not even close.

Are you buying a Xbox just to be a contrarian? No, of course not.

Anybody else think Sony and Microsoft are not really innovating. If we get something along the lines of the Milo demo with the new kinnect then maybe I might be tempted to buy xboxone. As it stands right now I am not interested in just a little prettier graphics. I see nothing that changes my mind.

I'd like get a PS4 due to it's purely gaming nature and cheaper price, but the PS3's crappy GUI, horrible online experience and PSN hack has me soured. Also my big hands would cramp up easily with the PS3 controller which didn't help. So I'm not sure what to do...

I also love Forza, but right now I'm going to hold on to my money. Right now it's a toss up - I feel like Microsoft has messed up big time by restricting the Xbox One so much. I'll wait for reviews for both consoles, and buy them 3-5 years down the road, most likely when there is a new hardware revision (slim model). I'm more of a PC gamer anyways, but consoles only for racing games and motion games. My 360 is still doing good.

So you're basing your entire decision on which platform to adopt by the games that we know of thus far? Seems kind of odd. What if the other platform get better services or exclusives down the line?

Possibly because that's all we have to go on right now.

I'd like get a PS4 due to it's purely gaming nature and cheaper price, but the PS3's crappy GUI, horrible online experience and PSN hack has me soured. Also my big hands would cramp up easily with the PS3 controller which didn't help. So I'm not sure what to do...

DS4 is bigger, and it's going to be a new GUI. Can't help you on the hack.

Either way .. MS is working on their Head Mounted Display or Aug for the mid term life cycle and Sony gets the Oculus Rift.

This is turning interesting.

How can MS compete with the Rift ....

Nothing stopping them from supporting OR

PS4, without hesitation.

No retarded used games DRM

100$ cheaper

More powerful

I can change the hard disk for a bigger one, or use a SSD instead for faster loading

No stupid online-check

No Kinect I?m forced to buy (about 100$ judging by the price they sell the One). Seriously MS, I don?t want that **** in my living room

Metal Gear Solid V

Vita support

Xbox One all the way.

Better looking console (PS4 looks like an modern PS2)

Better looking game cases (PS4 looks too generic imo)

Better user interface (PS4 UI looks like their terrible store design)

Better controller (real d pad, more comfortable face buttons, impulse triggers, no more battery buldge), Sonys has an awkward shape

Amazing Kinect integration (suspending apps and voice controlled switching between games, tv, movies)

WAY more games I actually want to play (Metal Gear 5, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, Dead Rising 3, Halo, Titanfall) Sony only had like 2 (Killzone and Infamous, neither are system sellers)

Xbox Gold members now get 2 free games a month

Xbox can record gameplay just like PS4. Recorded footage can be pulled down on tablets and edited on Smart Glass which is way easier to edit with. Partnership with twitch.tv for uploading videos.

The Microsoft store is switching to real money. No more MS points.

The whole ordeal with the "restrictive policies" isn't as big of a deal as people are making it. 24/hour check in allows for disc free gaming. You're either gonna check in with a disc or ping a server. The latter allows you to share your entire games library with 10 other people without requiring any discs. Kinect always being on can be controlled and allows you to start up the xbox with voice commands. Selling back games is a legitimate issue but it's one Microsoft can always change later in a firmware update.

In the year 2013, making a game that focuses only on gaming is going to fail. I don't know anyone who just plays games and doesn't also enjoy other forms of entertainment.

• Like 1

I wonder if we will see sentiment among the online community cool at all as we hear more from both companies about there plans.

I see all of these polls around and it reminds me that we are just two days removed from the E3 presser events. There is a lot of 'heat' right now directed at MS and Sony took full advantage with a strong pr push. The internet is known for epic blow ups, so we will see how things progress over the weeks and months leading up to launch.

As we start to hear more about games in development for both and we hear how development will work for both (we know little about MS' plans since that won't be discussed until BUILD), this fervor may start to cool down. MS has plenty of time to make some positive pr moves. If BUILD showcases a reasonable dev platform and a positive indie dev system, that will help some.

MS showed off great games, so I don't think that is the issue. They need to spread the word about positive things like game sharing and such. They need to stop coming off as arrogant and get humble as they share more.

As for my choice, I'm waiting. I'm not preordering anything. There is more I want to know first and I want to see if MS makes positive steps between now and launch. Frankly, I'd like to own one thanks to the games I have seen, but they still need to convince me. I'm a multi console owner, so I would own both eventually, but I may end up with a ps4 first.

Definitely getting the Xbox One at launch and I will wait to see how Gran Turismo turns out on PS4 before buying.

Until then, GTX Titan.